X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
    Here's the no catch that everyone was talking about

Ahh, so his right foot did come down before the elbow. Hopefully next time that won't be the case.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Lots of little injuries that need the bye wk. to heal, normally I don't like early byes but this Dallas team doesn't normally lose its 1st 2 games in Sept. either.

Looking ahead, Tennessee comes to Dallas in Wk. 5 with the fastest man in the league. What do ya'll think? Can they take the Titans? Will the subtext here be Fisher's audition to eventually replace Wade Phillips?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Michael Hamlin.

Church cant cover and Mccray is more of a mystery. Hamlin is the most well rounded.
        Yet he looks like a guy who hadn't played football in his entire life on that jump ball vs. Forte.

Don't give me that "he just got in the game in the 4th quarter BULLSH*T" he is an NFL safety.

I swear to god, I could've batted that ball down. i'm being 100% serious, I would've stopped that play. That ball from cutler was a joke. That play threw out my hope in hamlin.

Comment

• And that video... my god. And in the best WR thread people are arguing manningham over Dez. LOL...

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
            Yet he looks like a guy who hadn't played football in his entire life on that jump ball vs. Forte.

Don't give me that "he just got in the game in the 4th quarter BULLSH*T" he is an NFL safety.

I swear to god, I could've batted that ball down. i'm being 100% serious, I would've stopped that play. That ball from cutler was a joke. That play threw out my hope in hamlin.
            Mike Hamlin is another guy that needs some time. He's missed so much damn time already. As far as coverage potential...he's the best of the three mentioned. Church is an in the box safety and Mccray's coverage in college blew. He almost moved to OLB at LSU. But who knows how he'll develop. Hamlin's the only one of the three with a real chance to be a future starter, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Man, I was so upset with Romo for not keeping that ball inbounds.

We need to be taking a lot more shots down field to Dez.

Comment

Mike Hamlin is another guy that needs some time. He's missed so much damn time already. As far as coverage potential...he's the best of the three mentioned. Church is an in the box safety and Mccray's coverage in college blew. He almost moved to OLB at LSU. But who knows how he'll develop. Hamlin's the only one of the three with a real chance to be a future starter, imo.
                Then were in trouble. That play was awful. He's an NFL player. That cutler lob wasn't even a fade. It was laid up so poorly a high school DB should've picked that off. Hamlin is nothing more than an above average special teamer to me. I'd love to eat crow on that, but that play told me all I need to know.

Comment

• You cant judge these things off of one play. Mike Jenkins had his fair share of struggles when he was first starting out as well. It's not like Hamlin has seen a lot of playing time.

I still doubt he's going to start for us anyway...but if we wrote players off this early or off of a few bad plays early in careers. We'd be down one pro bowl QB, one pro bowl WR, etc.

Just an FYI, Miles looked like ass as a rookie. No one was surprised when Hurd, a fellow rookie who performed well, made the team. But Miles making it after a bad camp over Copper was surprising. His promising skill set, pushed him on the roster. Rome wasnt built in a day. Hamlin has a solid skill set. Give him a little time, at least.
                  Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-29-2010, 08:45 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

You cant judge these things off of one play. Mike Jenkins had his fair share of struggles when he was first starting out as well. It's not like Hamlin has seen a lot of playing time.
                    I am kind of exaggerating, but that play was AWFUL. There is no other way to look at. Jenkins has never looked like that. Hamlin bent over and said "Here Matt, Forte your ***** into my asshole"

Comment

• I'm probably the biggest Jenkins fan here. And even I'll admit, he had one of the worst plays in recent Cowboys history. He's a stud now, but his rookie year was full of highs and many lows.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Were talking about Mike hamlin here so its not like its that big of a deal, we'll just agree to disagree.

I'll love to eat crow, but I don't see much to him.

Also, I'm not to much in the AOA camp either. I love his potential and skills, but i'm sick of this later round safety crap and hoping it pans out. Get the first rounder and lets be done with it.

Also, he wears number 27, and that just erks me. He can't be successful wearing that number... lol.

Comment

Were talking about Mike hamlin here so its not like its that big of a deal, we'll just agree to disagree.

I'll love to eat crow, but I don't see much to him.

Also, I'm not to much in the AOA camp either. I love his potential and skills, but i'm sick of this later round safety crap and hoping it pans out. Get the first rounder and lets be done with it.

Also, he wears number 27, and that just erks me. He can't be successful wearing that number... lol.
                          God....I couldn't agree more. Other than running fast against 2nd tier guys and in training camp, what has he done? I am talking about AOA, of course.

As far as I am concerned, someone else needs to have the ball instead of him.
                          I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

I am kind of exaggerating, but that play was AWFUL. There is no other way to look at. Jenkins has never looked like that. Hamlin bent over and said "Here Matt, Forte your ***** into my asshole"
                            Not trying to interfere with your argument just wanted to provide some facts to support your argument...

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I can't believe some of you guys are ready to trash AOA yet, really? I mean, everyone knew the second we drafted him that he was a project and he wouldn't be looked at to start at Safety until year 2 at the earlier, year 3 most likely. Look how long it took Alan Ball to be a starter and he wasn't even as raw as AOA was.

Now all of a sudden here it is in September, and everyone is bashing the dude already lol. Nevermind he came from a Div II, or D1AA school whatever it was. Now if you want to say he's not doing a great job as a KR then fine no problem in that, but it's not like Ogletree was doing better, or that we have a better option(I'm in the camp that wants Felix getting 15 carries a game, no a return man).

I just really don't see the point in beating up a guy everyone was excited to have on the team but said right away "it'll take us a few years to appreciate AOA but what an awesome pick".

I mean yes, he was a great return man in College, and I expected the transition to happen faster in that aspect, but call me crazy for not wanting to call him trash while were still in September. Your not always going to see the benefits right away with guys like him.

Felix was an AA return guy for Arkansas in the SEC, his return skills translated right away, you can't always expect that to be the case.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I agree. Man, some of you guys at really quick to pass judgement on these kids. As mentioned, AOA was a sub D1 kid. It stands to reason that it would take him a bit to adjust. The dude's got exceptional skill sets.
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information