Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you guys have misread the posts.

The only thing I've seen is that people are upset with him as a kick returner.

Nobody is knocking him as a safety.

Comment

• One thing that I hope doesn't happen to AOA is that he gets lost playing multiple positions. I hope that they don't strictly make him a safety, then bring him back to corner next year, then safety again when someone gets hurt, and so on and so forth. It could really hurt his growth if he doesn't have a true position for his first few years.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        I think you guys have misread the posts.

The only thing I've seen is that people are upset with him as a kick returner.

Nobody is knocking him as a safety.
        Maybe, but I think it's a bit early to pass judgment on his KR skills also. You can clearly see that he's got great speed. It doesn't appear to me that he's had many good running lanes yet.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
          Maybe, but I think it's a bit early to pass judgment on his KR skills also. You can clearly see that he's got great speed. It doesn't appear to me that he's had many good running lanes yet.
          I dunno about "clearly" seeing his "great" speed.

I know what I haven't seen and those are: a burst, wiggle or vision

3 things that are a must for KRs.

Comment

• I think Jerry should try to get Logan Mankins from New England. They too, need a RB in the worst way.

We can afford to trim the fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              Not trying to interfere with your argument just wanted to provide some facts to support your argument...

Dude... were talking about a first round pick with elite skills in jenkins, against some scrub with hamlin. That play was when the game was already over. Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger were Qbing for us.

Stop this argument. I don't care about Mike hamlin.

Comment

• I have to say... I don't think Hamlin will work out for us either. No reason. Just a hunch.

Same goes for Church and McCray. I asked the question because I think they all suck. But if I had to choose 1, I'd probably go with McCray because he's a killer on special teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  What kind of cap hit would that entail, cutting Roy Williams?
                  He's already seen all of his signing bonus...so if we cut him before next season we don't have any cap hit.

Also same for MB3...no cap hit on him either next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Michael Hamlin.

Church cant cover and Mccray is more of a mystery. Hamlin is the most well rounded.
                    I'm not sold on Hamlin so far. He didn't even make the active roster last week. McCray and Church both made it for special teams...and now Church plays in the goal line defense...Hamlin is going to have to do something special to hold his roster spot next year...as a backup you have to be good at special teams and he is already being outplayed...Sensabaugh is playing great this year so be interesting to see if we bring him back...but Hamlin is going to have a fight on his hands if he doesn't make it as a starter and can't see the active roster on game day.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                      Then were in trouble. That play was awful. He's an NFL player. That cutler lob wasn't even a fade. It was laid up so poorly a high school DB should've picked that off. Hamlin is nothing more than an above average special teamer to me. I'd love to eat crow on that, but that play told me all I need to know.
                      Above average special teamer????!!?!?? He isn't even on a special teams unit to my knowledge anymore.

Comment

I think Jerry should try to get Logan Mankins from New England. They too, need a RB in the worst way.

We can afford to trim the fat.
                        I don't think we'll move any RB...we like all 3 and MB3 will be gone after this year...Felix and Choice sounds good to me for next year. Noone will trade for MB3 this year...

Comment

• Thule I meant that's all I could see him becoming. We are on the same page here.

Comment

I dunno about "clearly" seeing his "great" speed.

I know what I haven't seen and those are: a burst, wiggle or vision

3 things that are a must for KRs.
                            He looks plenty fast to me. And really I don't think a KR needs "wiggle". He's got to get it an go.

I saw one of the extended special teams practices in SA and you could tell a difference in when he got the ball versus Ogletree or even McCann.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                              I don't think we'll move any RB...we like all 3 and MB3 will be gone after this year...Felix and Choice sounds good to me for next year. Noone will trade for MB3 this year...
                              I don't think MB3 will be gone next year. Don't get your hopes up yet thule.

Comment

• I was just thinking... Where the hell is Ken Hamlin? He just disapeared it seems. Really shows what he was value was.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information