This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
    I gotta be honest and say I felt kinda insulted after reading moths post that I can only assume was in reply to me. The tone at the end was a bit harsh and seemed to group me in with all the stupid cowboys fans from Texas. Now maybe I'm the stupid one and totally misinterpreted it as it is almost 2 am in Central time zone. I certainly think it's fair to question the wisdom of an Jerry move really. I also think it's fair to question a pick like Felix who is basically a niche player especially considering the moderate success of mendenhall and the incredible success of Johnson. And I really don't want to hear about how nobody saw CJ's success coming out of a relatively small school. It's not like the cowboys haven't had success with smaller school guys in past. One could never really prove it but given Jerry's personality would anyone be surprised if the ultimate determining factor was that they went to the same school?
    It was more people in general starting to give up on, or get low on a player...who doesnt even get to see the field. That makes no sense at all. People cry that he isnt putting up Mendenhall or CJ numbers...but where is Felix, while these two are starting? He's on the bench...and that's on Garrett. Jerry Jones even said today, that he's been wanting us to give the ball to Felix more.

The only one making Felix a "niche player" or a role player is Jason Garrett. You cannot do any better with the amount of carries he's seen over his short career. CJ wouldnt even have done any better, more than likely. The guy averaged 6 yards per carry in two years. That's insane. And he played outstanding when Barber went down. How soon people forget that Felix absolutely manhandled the Eagles in his back to back starts against them last year. And one of those games was a playoff game. Felix should have been starting from game one this season. He more than earned that last year, imo. He's the best running back on the team, and it's not even close. He has given Dallas fans no reason to sour on him.

I'm sorry...but to hate on the guy, when he isnt even seeing the ball at all, isnt too bright. Not trying to hate...but really, that makes absolutely zero sense.

Not trying to sound too mean here, DPL...I like you, bud. It's just aggravating that fans are so quick to give up on players and in this case, there is no substance to even start to hate on the guy. Let's actually see him carry the ball more than 7 times per game, before everyone starts jumping off and burning the bandwagon. As has always been the case, our use of Jones, has been downright awful.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-05-2010, 06:41 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      It was more people in general starting to give up on, or get low on a player...who doesnt even get to see the field. That makes no sense at all. People cry that he isnt putting up Mendenhall or CJ numbers...but where is Felix, while these two are starting? He's on the bench...and that's on Garrett. Jerry Jones even said today, that he's been wanting us to give the ball to Felix more.

The only one making Felix a "niche player" or a role player is Jason Garrett. You cannot do any better with the amount of carries he's seen over his short career. CJ wouldnt even have done any better, more than likely. The guy averaged 6 yards per carry in two years. That's insane. And he played outstanding when Barber went down. How soon people forget that Felix absolutely manhandled the Eagles in his back to back starts against them last year. And one of those games was a playoff game. Felix should have been starting from game one this season. He more than earned that last year, imo. He's the best running back on the team, and it's not even close. He has given Dallas fans no reason to sour on him.

I'm sorry...but to hate on the guy, when he isnt even seeing the ball at all, isnt too bright. Not trying to hate...but really, that makes absolutely zero sense.
      Thing is... Felix had limited carries last year too, but we still saw the instant impact he could bring to the game. None of which we have seen this year.

Sure, I blame Garrett too for not playing him more. I blame the staff for not keeping him as our KR too.

Questioning whether he has the same burst or not does not mean I'm hating on him. It's simply that... wondering whether or not his weight gain has brought a negative effect to his burst. Heck, I'm the one who still wants him on KR. Sturm is definitely hating on him though.

I've more than moved on from using the pick on him.

edit: I do recall saying we should trade Felix Jones and that is pretty haterish. lol. But in reality, if we can trade any of our RBs for real quality OL help, I'd likely be down with that... even if it were Barber.

Comment

• Oh and after seeing the Titans injury report...I fully expect to win this game. Their defense is banged up pretty bad...so we better damn well win this one. Give me lots of Felix...back up your word, Jerry. Threaten Garrett, if need be. haha.

I still think CJ, who is struggling, will light us up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Oh and after seeing the Titans injury report...I fully expect to win this game. Their defense is banged up pretty bad...so we better damn well win this one. Give me lots of Felix...back up your word, Jerry. Threaten Garrett, if need be. haha.

I still think CJ, who is struggling, will light us up.
          Oddly enough, I'm not as worried about CJ in this game. He may get a 100 yards, but I don't see us getting "lit up". I worry more about getting to Young in the backfield and pressuring him enough. He has a way of getting things done when he needs to.

I'm hoping this will be a statement game about us showing how dominant we can really be. I also think Dez will get his first receiving TD.

Comment

• CJ won't light us up. That's not gonna happen. We should and will win this game. If we don't, I do give up faith on the season. With the state of the giants and vikes right now, we should be able to be 5-2 coming into november. The titans should be a good game to get rolling.

Comment

• Anybody want to put some internet pride on the line? I bet that CJ won't rush for over 80 yards this Sunday. I'm not a gif maker or anything, so all I can bet is the mighty internet pride.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I'll make that bet...pretty much just a gentlemens bet. I'm not changing my Avy or sig. haha. I think he'll top 80 for sure.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-05-2010, 10:55 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I bet anything you want moth, that if he has 19 carries or under, itll be for less than 80. between 20-30, less than 130.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    I bet anything you want moth, that if he has 19 carries or under, itll be for less than 80. between 20-30, less than 130.
                    I'd take that bet, CJ's been pretty quiet this year and I think it's just a matter of time until he starts shredding teams again.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      I'd take that bet, CJ's been pretty quiet this year and I think it's just a matter of time until he starts shredding teams again.
                      I like our run defense on the edges but just like we've always been... our run defense up the middle is usually hit or miss. Luckily, CJ isn't a RB that flourished up the middle, so therefore, I would assume that he has another relatively quiet day.

Vince on the other hand... He can make magic happen out of nothing. I'm scared that we won't be able to pressure him into making mistakes, and that he'll use his legs to bail his team out. Our DBs better be VERY disciplined and stay with their assignments.

When we're on offense, we can't let Tennessee force turnovers on us.

Comment

• Ah ****. I shudder at having to face Randy Moss again, and in Minnesota of all places. Damn you New England.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• The vikings aren't good. This move won't win them a superbowl, theyll lose good draft picks for it, and after this year they will have no QB. After this year.. the vikings are screwed. Aaron Rodgers will own that division for the next decade.

Comment

The vikings aren't good. This move won't win them a superbowl, theyll lose good draft picks for it, and after this year they will have no QB. After this year.. the vikings are screwed. Aaron Rodgers will own that division for the next decade.
                            Lol, they're struggling...just like the Boys, but to say they aren't "good" is really being dishonest man. They were 31 points better than us last year, and that's without Moss. If Rice comes back healthy, they should be every bit as capable of making noise in the playoffs. I don't think Favre makes it through the season, and that's my only saving grace, but otherwise, they still look like a contender in the NFC. Pretty easily. AP has been down right beastly the past few games, and with Moss stretching the field....Egghkkkk, I hate to think of what they're capable of. They pretty much outplayed the Saints in the Conference finals, and came within a first down of playing in the SB. They'll be formidable:(

Those horns....those horns:( They take me to a dark place....

Comment

The vikings aren't good. This move won't win them a superbowl, theyll lose good draft picks for it, and after this year they will have no QB. After this year.. the vikings are screwed. Aaron Rodgers will own that division for the next decade.
                              It's Moss man. MOSS! The name that has haunted every Cowboy fan, player, and coach for over 12 years now. When he plays the Cowboys, he always brings his A-game and they've yet to beat him. I fear that man a lot.
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• delete post
                                Last edited by LizardState; 10-06-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information