This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    The vikings aren't good. This move won't win them a superbowl, theyll lose good draft picks for it, and after this year they will have no QB. After this year.. the vikings are screwed. Aaron Rodgers will own that division for the next decade.
    No but it gives extra picks to NE in the early rounds of the next draft.

Once more the devil aka Bellicick has manipulated it such that anyone looking to move up for a beloved player will have to make that Faustian bargain with him. Happens almost every yr, every draft. And this is a team that has this one guy who's their HC, OC AND DC, is anyone that good? Maybe just that ruthless & cunning.

Threaten Garrett, if need be. haha.
    Failing a bitchslap, what Jerry should do with Garrett is call him into a 1 on 1 meeting with no warning 5 mins. before KO, handcuff him to a row of lockers, show him the key & say You'll get this key in 3 hrs. F it, let Romo call the plays at the line & in the huddle.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
      It's Moss man. MOSS! The name that has haunted every Cowboy fan, player, and coach for over 12 years now. When he plays the Cowboys, he always brings his A-game and they've yet to beat him. I fear that man a lot.
      Dez Bryant now cancels that out.

I'm sorry, Im just not a believer in the Vikings.

Comment

• There is no reason anyone in here should not be afraid of the Vikes, sorry but our team just is not good enough for people to not be afraid of a team as talented as them. We lost to Washing & Chicago, I bet we lose to two other non-playoff teams we have no business losing to. We are fine when are backs are against the wall, but we can easily get ran over by Minny.

If were talking on paper sure, we have a great argument, but games aren't played there. They are played on the field, where we commit a ton of penalities and when we get down 10 points in the 1st quarter Garrett scraps the gameplan and turns us into a UFL team with 6 WR sets. I don't think the Vikes are better then us, because while Moss kills us traditionally we do well vs Favre(though he did eat us up in the playoffs with Rice).

I just see no reason to act like we are clearly better then anyone when every Sunday, you have no idea which team will show up. The one who played the Texans, or the one who played the Redskins.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          There is no reason anyone in here should not be afraid of the Vikes, sorry but our team just is not good enough for people to not be afraid of a team as talented as them. We lost to Washing & Chicago, I bet we lose to two other non-playoff teams we have no business losing to. We are fine when are backs are against the wall, but we can easily get ran over by Minny.

If were talking on paper sure, we have a great argument, but games aren't played there. They are played on the field, where we commit a ton of penalities and when we get down 10 points in the 1st quarter Garrett scraps the gameplan and turns us into a UFL team with 6 WR sets. I don't think the Vikes are better then us, because while Moss kills us traditionally we do well vs Favre(though he did eat us up in the playoffs with Rice).

I just see no reason to act like we are clearly better then anyone when every Sunday, you have no idea which team will show up. The one who played the Texans, or the one who played the Redskins.
          Exactly. Especially since they made us wipe their asses in the playoffs last year.

Comment

• I am a believer in history/stats, so being winless against moss does actually give me an uneasy feeling about that game now..

Comment

• Well it looks like Felix will be getting the ball more, here you go M.O.T.H.

Comment

• The thing I find interesting is the breakdown they did on btb. 5 of felix's most explosive plays came from the 22 set...aka 2rb 2te....heavy running formations. Yet this year we are spreading them and pulling on almost all of his runs. I understand the concept but the proof is in the pudding. I just bring this up to see if anyone else read them...I'm definitely open to debate this topic harder if anyone is up for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  The thing I find interesting is the breakdown they did on btb. 5 of felix's most explosive plays came from the 22 set...aka 2rb 2te....heavy running formations. Yet this year we are spreading them and pulling on almost all of his runs. I understand the concept but the proof is in the pudding. I just bring this up to see if anyone else read them...I'm definitely open to debate this topic harder if anyone is up for it.
                  If there is a whole, Felix will hit it. I don't really no what else there is to argue. I know with the bye week things were a bit slow, but jesus this is overkill.

And we all know im superstitious... curse of pick number 22 anyone? That's why secretly I got a boner when we took Jenkins with 25. I had no problem with that.

Harvin's head is gonna fall off his shoulders at any moment and explode, and Felix "suddenly can't gain a yard in the NFL."

Hmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                    The thing I find interesting is the breakdown they did on btb. 5 of felix's most explosive plays came from the 22 set...aka 2rb 2te....heavy running formations. Yet this year we are spreading them and pulling on almost all of his runs. I understand the concept but the proof is in the pudding. I just bring this up to see if anyone else read them...I'm definitely open to debate this topic harder if anyone is up for it.
                    I saw the article and skimmed through it. So what is to discuss? That Felix can only be successful out of those sets? Or that Garrett is getting worse as a coordinator? Or that Felix isn't the same? Or that unless we go back to that then Felix will continue to struggle?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      I saw the article and skimmed through it. So what is to discuss? That Felix can only be successful out of those sets? Or that Garrett is getting worse as a coordinator? Or that Felix isn't the same? Or that unless we go back to that then Felix will continue to struggle?
                      Felix hasn't been running out of those sets is the problem? Garrett has almost ran him exclusively out of spread formations this year to get him in space. But the stats directly backup that felix is most dynamic from power running sets where if he gets past the first level he's gone...vs spread formations where he doesn't just have one line to bust through. Garrett has restricted Barber to the heavy running sets...and since I'm assuming he was hurt and didn't have any burst last year that Felix took more snaps in his place...this year MB3 is healthy and Garrett has regressed going back to what he believes works best. Clearly he isn't getting the most out of felix. Also interesting to note that we run the ball at our best when we line up and play man on man and ask our guys to win one on ones. Pulling LD and Holland this year has been disastrous for us...and those are the times Felix usually gets his carries. For a Princeton grad these are rudimentary things to pick up on and for w/e reason he's too stuck up to admit that something isn't working and it's taking him atleast 4 weeks to get one of our most dynamic offensive weapons going...maybe longer depending on how sunday unfolds.

Comment

• I really think Garrett is on the hot seat despite the thought that he's considered bulletproof by Jerry. There's too much weapons on the team for us to be failing in the offense department.

Comment

• Voice of reason-Felix is fine. No one should doubt him. He is explosive.

We will be fine this week. We are better than the Titans. Talent wise, it is not close.

Dont sweat this. 28-13 cowboys.

yes. I am cocky. But I see no reason to be anything but cocky. Look at the rosters, Talent alone-we are better in almost every way.
                          I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                            Voice of reason-Felix is fine. No one should doubt him. He is explosive.

We will be fine this week. We are better than the Titans. Talent wise, it is not close.

yes. I am cocky. But I see no reason to be anything but cocky. Look at the rosters, Talent alone-we are better in almost every way.
                            I'm not afraid of this game either for some reason. Maybe I should be? meh.

I was terrified for Game 3, the Boys got my confidence back! Garrett scares me, but maybe we can win despite his sabotaging ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL
                              Voice of reason-Felix is fine. No one should doubt him. He is explosive.

Talent isn't what will get us across the line. Otherwise we would have made the superbowl last year.

We need to not have our Offence shut down because of complete inability on the O Coordinator's part.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                I'm not afraid of this game either for some reason. Maybe I should be? meh.

I was terrified for Game 3, the Boys got my confidence back! Garrett scares me, but maybe we can win despite his sabotaging ways.
                                Confidence is good, hopefully the bye wk. & beating the hottest team in the NFL will restore a whole bunch of that on the team.

Another positive note for Sunday: I see by my morning ppr that CBS is putting the Titans @ Dallas game on at 1 PM PDT. Once more on the national stage, but this one's at home at Jerryworld. Garrett will have his chance to atone for the Washington fiasco.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information