This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
    I gotta be honest and say I felt kinda insulted after reading moths post that I can only assume was in reply to me. The tone at the end was a bit harsh and seemed to group me in with all the stupid cowboys fans from Texas. Now maybe I'm the stupid one and totally misinterpreted it as it is almost 2 am in Central time zone. I certainly think it's fair to question the wisdom of an Jerry move really. I also think it's fair to question a pick like Felix who is basically a niche player especially considering the moderate success of mendenhall and the incredible success of Johnson. And I really don't want to hear about how nobody saw CJ's success coming out of a relatively small school. It's not like the cowboys haven't had success with smaller school guys in past. One could never really prove it but given Jerry's personality would anyone be surprised if the ultimate determining factor was that they went to the same school?

Funny thing is, remember as a rookie, and even into the 2nd season, everyone was so happy that we didn't take Mendenhall because he was so trash, injury prone, slow, sucked, etc etc. Thank god we took Felix. Now it's back the other way. Thing is, no matter who we took, Barber, for whatever reason would still be dominating the carries here. It's hard to look better then what Felix has in a limited role but Barber still dominates.

If we drafted Mendy, the smart thing would have been to trade Barber, but I bet we wouldn't have. Same thing for CJ, we can't really be happy or upset until Felix is our legit starter and gets 20 carries a week.

I just don't like to play the "we should have taken this guy" game for too long, because every team can do that after every draft and find better picks. It happens. I was in the Chris Johnson bandwagon strongly, with a group of other Boys fans here, Paul, and some others I'm forgetting I know. Some wanted Felix, some wanted Mendy, I think me and D and Metsox wanted Charles in the 2nd round too.

It was a ridiculous RB class and talented guys everywhere, I don't think we got a bad player with Felix at all after seeing what he can do, so I don't think the hindsight game is worth it, we just have to wait and see what we have when Barber is gone. Seeing Felix in the playoff game though, I honestly don't think Mendenhall is really that much of a better player. CJ of course he is IMO and always was, but Felix is really good but it's too hard to judge until he's our starter.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Funny thing is, remember as a rookie, and even into the 2nd season, everyone was so happy that we didn't take Mendenhall because he was so trash, injury prone, slow, sucked, etc etc. Thank god we took Felix. Now it's back the other way. Thing is, no matter who we took, Barber, for whatever reason would still be dominating the carries here. It's hard to look better then what Felix has in a limited role but Barber still dominates.

If we drafted Mendy, the smart thing would have been to trade Barber, but I bet we wouldn't have. Same thing for CJ, we can't really be happy or upset until Felix is our legit starter and gets 20 carries a week.

I just don't like to play the "we should have taken this guy" game for too long, because every team can do that after every draft and find better picks. It happens. I was in the Chris Johnson bandwagon strongly, with a group of other Boys fans here, Paul, and some others I'm forgetting I know. Some wanted Felix, some wanted Mendy, I think me and D and Metsox wanted Charles in the 2nd round too.

It was a ridiculous RB class and talented guys everywhere, I don't think we got a bad player with Felix at all after seeing what he can do, so I don't think the hindsight game is worth it, we just have to wait and see what we have when Barber is gone. Seeing Felix in the playoff game though, I honestly don't think Mendenhall is really that much of a better player. CJ of course he is IMO and always was, but Felix is really good but it's too hard to judge until he's our starter.
      I wanted Charles because all we needed was a change of pace guy. That's what Felix was supposed to be too. That's what he's good at too. The problem is people wanted to see more of that. So now they wanted him as the main back and not the change of pace back. I think people are fooling themselves if they think Felix can rip off big runs every time he touches the ball as an every down back. With fresh legs, as a change of pace guy, that is more achievable... like he showed us in the past. As an every down back? Doubtful. Now he's bulked up, and hasn't looked the same despite getting the same amount of carries that he had in the past. Where is the guy we used to see in the same amount of limited carries? Well, there's the scheme excuse, the "not being used enough" excuse, and the "Barber is the favorite back" excuse, and "he does look the same, only penalties eliminated his success".. etc etc... He's gotten every excuse you want to hear. Supporters saying the added bulk hasn't changed. Hopefully, that's true. He's about to get his chance, so we'll see if he will deliver. We're about to find out THIS week... and Wade/Garrett/Jerry have all indicated that Felix will see the ball a lot more. I want to see the old Felix. Alls I know is that he gave us a reason to be excited about him in the past, and we want to see that guy. Get his ass on KR too. AOA is a joke.
      Last edited by D-Unit; 10-08-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Me too, but for some reason I feel like it's the same old talk we always hear. I wanna see him get the rock more to judge if he looks slower, or the same, whatever. I just don't buy it personally until I see it. I doubt Felix gets 15 touches, and will gladly eat crow if he does, but if I were a betting man I'd say he'll get the ball as much as he has been.

Comment

• Predictions?

I got 27-17, cowboys.

Comment

• If they use the run to set the pass up like they're supposed to with a team built like Dallas is, I say 31-24 Cowboys b/c Tennessee has had problems stopping the run.

And I think Young can be counted on for a few gifts too if they are forced into too many 3rd & longs vs. the Dallas nickel/dime pkgs. Young has been known to throw a pick party or 2.

Comment

• I know it's kinda blasphemy to criticize Felix but I think they took him off kick returns because he started running tentatively almost like he was scared to get hurt again and have to miss more time. I certainly don't have stats in front of me but the eye ball test said he wasn't quite the same as a kick returner either. Having said that tho I certainly don't think it would hurt to give him a 2nd & maybe 3rd chance at it.

Comment

• Scandrick bitching to the ref mid play....genius.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• LOL. Remember when everyone was acting like they weren't afraid of the Vikes like were just a team you can rely on? Yeaaaa....

We came out of a bye week looking so prepared right guys? WTF is going on with pass coverage?? I musta forgot, thought we were playing the Saints for a minute and Drew Brees, not VY.

Comment

• Poor Jason Williams though, huh? Dude got up there and deflects a pass, and it's still caught. ugh.

The zones are incredibly soft, being exposed right now. Just throw it over the middle, over LBs, in front of our below average safety duo. All day.

And we're not getting to VY all that much. Titans are picking damn near everything up. I'm still not worried, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• 4 first quarter carries for Felix. Career high? lol

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Scandrick blooooooows.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          Poor Jason Williams though, huh? Dude got up there and deflects a pass, and it's still caught. ugh.

The zones are incredibly soft, being exposed right now. Just throw it over the middle, over LBs, in front of our below average safety duo. All day.

And we're not getting to VY all that much. Titans are picking damn near everything up. I'm still not worried, though.
                          Its time.....What a joke we are!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Scandrick does suck, but Jenkins has been grabbing people's jerseys the entire quarter, WR's have been running completely wide open, and once again, this is all coming off of a bye week, with an extra week to prepare.

Were acting like we had a short week to prepare. The only ones who ever look good week to week on our team are Austin, Doug Free, Ratliff and Ware. Other then that you have no idea who will show up.

Comment

• You see Davis whiff on that last block? He's freaking horrible now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Columbo is finished. If he's starting next year we won't do a damn thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information