This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Screw the INTs. When your OC calls for you to throw the ball that much, it's inevitable. Garrett has been the #1 problem for us in every loss. He's just soooooo terrible. His plays are terrible. His feel for the game is terrible. It's time to cut bait.
    It think, at this point, going on a rant about Garrett is missing the forrest for the trees.

I'm not saying that Garrett doesn't have warts, but the problem with this thing is that there is a structure that allows no accountability and discipline. Wade is not a strong HC to begin with and on top of that JJ will not allow him to bring what little bit of discipline he does bring to the table. And the overall mental preperation of the team is the responsiblity of the HC. Period. This team has dramatically underachieved while Wade has been here. Some is his fault; some is the fault of JJ.

The only hope here is that JJ swallows his pride, like he did with Parcells, and hires a strong HC.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Garrett didnt call that bad of a game...but again, I wish he would have called run a bit more. Too frequently...he'd call pass on first down, if that failed, two more passes were following. Romo's on pace for about 700 pass attempts. I dont see what the big deal is about feeding Felix the ball more, when he is gaining 7 yards a pop.

edit...besides the fact that we could have ran the ball more...Garrett's red zone/goal line playcalling was **** again. Nothing new here, though.

I'm not too peeved at the playcalling yesterday, as a whole. But it could have been better, at the same time. I wouldnt place this loss on JG, though...not at all. Penalties and ****** defense, deserve more blame. :/
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-11-2010, 01:05 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
        It think, at this point, going on a rant about Garrett is missing the forrest for the trees.

I'm not saying that Garrett doesn't have warts, but the problem with this thing is that there is a structure that allows no accountability and discipline. Wade is not a strong HC to begin with and on top of that JJ will not allow him to bring what little bit of discipline he does bring to the table. And the overall mental preperation of the team is the responsiblity of the HC. Period. This team has dramatically underachieved while Wade has been here. Some is his fault; some is the fault of JJ.

The only hope here is that JJ swallows his pride, like he did with Parcells, and hires a strong HC.
        Yea, I'm not even sure how you can pin this on Garrett, and really Wade either. Defense settled down and came out and shut down the Titans Offense in the 2nd half. If you want to pin it on Wade and discipline(or lack their of), that's fine...but as far as gameplanning and adjusting, I'm not sure how you can really blame either coach.

I mean they literally stopped the bleeding on both sides of the ball on the second half. I didn't think Romo would come out of the game alive after the 2nd quarter, but JG/Wade adjusted (and pulled Leonard), moved the pocket around, and stopped the leak on the line. Wade did the same for the defense...

You just can't keep shooting yourself in the foot and expect to win games. Doesn't happen like that.
        Last edited by FreshBoy!; 10-11-2010, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• It appears clear that Jones is the Cowboys’ biggest threat out of the backfield. However, Garrett said he isn’t ready to commit to Jones as the lead horse despite the results against the Titans.

“Game situations dictate how much a guy is going to get the ball,” Garrett said. “[Jones] was in there, got some opportunities and took advantage of them.

“That’s almost a week-to-week type thing. Marion got some shots, too. I thought he ran the ball well. We like our backfield. We like the different guys that are playing.”

Perhaps Garrett is just being coy, as Jerry Jones described the offensive coordinator’s public statements this week that indicated that getting the ball to Felix Jones wasn’t being emphasized any more than it was before the bye week.

It’s either that, or Garrett’s crazy.
          haha. Is Garrett crazy? Maybe a little stupid and in love with Barber, but not crazy. Give the ball to Felix, Red! I really dont understand this whole f'd up situation. If anything, Felix showed he had what it took to be the lead back last season. He's only going to help the offense, and make JG look better in the process. grrr. This has been so aggravating to watch. I swear if he goes back to that minimal role next week, I'm hunting Garrett down. I honestly, have no idea what more Felix can do, to nail more playing time, or the starting job, for that matter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
            Yea, I'm not even sure how you can pin this on Garrett, and really Wade either. Defense settled down and came out and shut down the Titans Offense in the 2nd half. If you want to pin it on Wade and discipline(or lack their of), that's fine...but as far as gameplanning and adjusting, I'm not sure how you can really blame either coach.

I mean they literally stopped the bleeding on both sides of the ball on the second half. I didn't think Romo would come out of the game alive after the 2nd quarter, but JG/Wade adjusted (and pulled Leonard), moved the pocket around, and stopped the leak on the line. Wade did the same for the defense...

You just can't keep shooting yourself in the foot and expect to win games. Doesn't happen like that.
            HOw can you NOT blame Wade?! Is the HC not responsible for these guys being mentally prepared? And coming off a bye week! Unfreakingbelievable.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I uhhhh....said that? Comprehend my post, kind sir.

Comment

• One thing that I noticed was that it seemed as though they were trying to give the young linebackers some playing time. I saw Jason Williams in there a few times. Butler got some pass rush snaps. Leon Williams got some snaps too, and Sean Lee played all of the last defensive drive. I'm glad they're giving these guys time to ease in. They may be useful closer to the end of the year.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Yea, I'm not even sure how you can pin this on Garrett, and really Wade either.
                  Um, the first sentence of your post.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Special teams lost us this game. The defense gave up plays early...offense turned the ball over a couple of times. But both units responded and adjusted and put it together. Special teams just killed us...and am I the only person in the world who can't understand what the hell Witten was doing. I've always thought of him as a class act..and he is...so why even do something as stupid as giving the ball to columbo...was it wrong...NO, but you definitely can't call that a heat of the moment action or anything like that...that was a classless celebration no matter how you look at it...talk about disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                      You're seriously blaming Garrett? Why not blame Romo for his 3 ints? How about your special teams for breaking down in probably the most important moment of the game? That offense basically had a high light reel for most of it's skill players and still your team lost. That goes beyond Garrett! Maybe tubby isn't a good coach. Maybe it's time for a change there.
                      5 of his 6 interceptions this year have stemmed from tipped balls. Just thought that was interesting to add.

Comment

• I wouldn't panic just yet. You're 1-3. That's only 3 losses, and its a loooooooong season.

And it's not like the Cowboys look bad, they're just losing for some reason. I can't explain it. Something's gotta give soon enough.

When you have 7 losses, youre out of it. Right now you have only 3. I'm not counting out the Cowboys just yet. Call me when you get 5 losses with some games to go, then maybe I'll start to think the Cowboys are out of it.

Until then, they're still a contender to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                          Um, the first sentence of your post.
                          Yea....again...read...

Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                          Yea, I'm not even sure how you can pin this on Garrett, and really Wade either. Defense settled down and came out and shut down the Titans Offense in the 2nd half.
                          Here's my first and second sentence.... The discussion was involving game planning and adjustments.

If you want to pin it on Wade and discipline(or lack their of), that's fine...but as far as gameplanning and adjusting, I'm not sure how you can really blame either coach.
                          This follows.....Notice the "if you want to pin it on wade and discipline"....part...Yea, we're saying the same thing.

Again....game planning & adjustment wise, the coaches did a good job. Especially on the defensive side of the ball, go back and look at the drives the Titans had in the 2nd half. I think they had a total of 70 yards in the 2nd half, but with 2 short fields....long drives aren't needed obviously.

Every game isn't going to be a shut out, football is a game of chess....Overall the coaches did a great job at seeing what was happening on the field and adjusting. Purely in the standpoint of X's and O's. Where they failed was discipline, which has been a problem for the last decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I wouldn't panic just yet. You're 1-3. That's only 3 losses, and its a loooooooong season.

And it's not like the Cowboys look bad, they're just losing for some reason. I can't explain it. Something's gotta give soon enough.

When you have 7 losses, youre out of it. Right now you have only 3. I'm not counting out the Cowboys just yet. Call me when you get 5 losses with some games to go, then maybe I'll start to think the Cowboys are out of it.

The reason why they're losing is penalties. All three losses have stupid penalties that bit them in the ass. During those close games you look back and see certain mistakes pointing to them problem. On some teams it's a break down in a unit that creates one or two of those big plays that give the other team the edge. With the Cowboys it's penalties. They're racking up way too many any giving teams scoring chances.

In the past they could overcome penalties by being better than everyone else, but now it's biting them in ass when these games get close. They're not out like you said. It's still early enough to turn it around, but they really need to get their heads straight before this becomes 2008 all over again.
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• The problem is that we actually played way better than the Titans in the second half. Then you have your kicker missing a FG, an amazing interception on a first down in the redzone, and another interception on your 10 yards line. Despite that you tie the game and you get a super silly penalty that results in a huge return.
                              It's like aganst the Redskins, when Choice fumbled for the first time in his career and they won because of that.
                              Or against Chicago when the kicker misses a FG to tie the game.

We have not played well enough so far, and we have shot ourselves in the feet time and time again. But we have also been very unlucky, it looks like every bounce goes in the opposite direction. With some good luck this team could be 4-0 despite playing poorly.

The CJ's fumble is the perfect example of what I'm trying to say. He fumbled the ball but yet it went right to the hands of a Titans player.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                I wouldn't panic just yet. You're 1-3. That's only 3 losses, and its a loooooooong season.

I would agree with you if this team did not have a history of penalties and undisciplined play. I just don't see it changing because this is what they are.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information