This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I'll take your word for it. I just vaguely remember reading an article that said he didn't pay a dime for the stadium, the PSLs funded the whole thing.
    In regards to your comment about why we didn't go after Rolle, or anyone else saying why we didn't spend in FA:

Did we have the money? I mean at the time, we hadn't re-signed Austin, and we knew we were gonna have to re-sign Doug Free(who will be worth every penny), and maybe even Stephen Bowen who probably deserves it....If we had room I would be all for it, hell we needed Rolle really bad, he's a ballhawk who makes plays on the ball, but I thought we were skimping out on a big FA contract because we had 2 big contracts in house.

Would we have room for Free if we signed Rolle? I'm not sure. But any amount of money we spend wouldn't make up for how many penalties we commit, or how unprepared we play coming out of bye weeks.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Doug Free and Roy are playing at a pro-bowl level and were 1-3..

edit: Finley is done for the year.. that helps atleast.
      Last edited by xxxxxxxx; 10-13-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• ESPN reporting that Jerry Jones says he has no plans to fire Wade at this time.

Do you keep dancing with them who brung ya even after the music has stopped?

Wade is toast. Lose the Thxgvng Day game & he's gone by Saturday.

Comment

• We just really needed a good 2009 draft. Had we had done that, then we wouldn't be talking about the complaining about not bringing in FAs.

I don't like hearing the excuse that we can't bring in big named FAs because of cap implications and what not. Washington does it every year. Their ability to do so amazes me. While it has not come with great success, I blame them for choosing the wrong players, but not for working their cap the way they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            ESPN reporting that Jerry Jones says he has no plans to fire Wade at this time.

Do you keep dancing with them who brung ya even after the music has stopped?

Wade is toast. Lose the Thxgvng Day game & he's gone by Saturday.
            I hate it when they ask those type of questions early in the season. What exactly is Jerry going to say to that? "Oh yeah I might fire him if we don't win our next x games."

I doubt Wade gets fired during the year either. If they have a bad season he'll be gone, but there's really no point in firing a guy in the middle of the season unless you're so desperate to see one of the coordinators on your staff.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I'm coming around to really wanting Gruden. I love his fire!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I'm coming around to really wanting Gruden. I love his fire!

He would be the greatest hire since JJ IMO...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Gruden has some offensive players here to work with that are young, but he doesn't even touch the defense. Who would he bring in to manage the D? He might be nice for the offense, but the defense is a big concern.

I really don't like how poorly he did with the Bucs after the Super Bowl. He didn't really build anything there. He won with Dungy's guys, and after that was up the team struggled. One of the reasons why the Bucs are where they are now is because he didn't draft well or bring in good free agents. I'd rather pass on him in favor of a guy like Fisher or Cowher. They could work the defense into being elite again while not hurting the offense at the same time.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                    Gruden has some offensive players here to work with that are young, but he doesn't even touch the defense. Who would he bring in to manage the D? He might be nice for the offense, but the defense is a big concern.

I really don't like how poorly he did with the Bucs after the Super Bowl. He didn't really build anything there. He won with Dungy's guys, and after that was up the team struggled. One of the reasons why the Bucs are where they are now is because he didn't draft well or bring in good free agents. I'd rather pass on him in favor of a guy like Fisher or Cowher. They could work the defense into being elite again while not hurting the offense at the same time.
                    Gruden wasn't the GM. He's not building a team, he just needs to coach it. He won with Dungy's guys? Well, he won where Dungy couldn't. So does that mean he's better than Dungy?

I'd like Fisher too, Cowher too. But I don't think Fisher is leaving and I don't think Cowher is coming...he wants GM priviledges.

As for who Gruden would bring in as DC? How about Mike Singletary... :) Maybe Dom Capers.

Comment

• I love Gruden, but am not exactly sold on him being the next coach. At this point, i have no real favorites.

Still hoping it works out with Wade...but yeah...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• I'm still hoping it works out with wade too, and JG for that matter.....Is that insanity?

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                          I'm still hoping it works out with wade too, and JG for that matter.....Is that insanity?
                          If you think they will lead us to the SB and win it then yes, that is insanity.

Comment

• I don't know man...They haven't shown me that they will...but sometimes these things take time. Cowher took what...10 years to finally win a SB? You're looking at two division titles in 3 years, a top 10 defense, and one of the most prolific offenses ever at it's height. I'm just not a believer in switching coaches every 5-6 years is the key to winning. I wish Parcells was still here to tell you the truth, but he's not...and I firmly believe JG is going to be a great coach in the league one of these days....Coaching is as much about experience as it is anything else. I can honestly see JG going somewhere else, and succeeding...Wade is wade, and is going to have his warts, but he's still one of the best defensive minds in the game...I guess I"m not wanting to waste some of the primes of our players to start a whole new coaching regimen.

It's gotta click one of these days....right?

Insanity...probably.

Comment

• I wouldn't blame Jerry if he wanted to keep Wade. If you really think of it, Wade has the best record as Cowboy coach since Jimmy Johnson. Barry Switzer had a good record in hindsight, but he really didn't add anything on the team he inherited like Wade did. Wade has the defense playing better than it was under Parcells.

Yeah you could say he inherited guys like Ware, Ratliff, Newman, Romo, etc. At the same time he's brought in a number of top contributors on defense and offense. Wade drafted Spencer and Jenkins. He brought in Igor, Brooking, Sensabaugh and Bowen. The defense has always been at the top of the league in terms of sacks generated, and there's been a major difference ever since Wade took the reigns over from Stewart in 2008. The guy brings something to the table.

He has his issues, and I could understand if Jerry thought that he could do better with another coach. Either way it goes though, Wade isn't so bad when you get down to it. If they keep him I won't complain too much considering that he's a good coach and those are hard to find. If he gets replaced I won't complain either unless it's someone like JG.
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                                I don't know man...They haven't shown me that they will...but sometimes these things take time. Cowher took what...10 years to finally win a SB? You're looking at two division titles in 3 years, a top 10 defense, and one of the most prolific offenses ever at it's height. I'm just not a believer in switching coaches every 5-6 years is the key to winning. I wish Parcells was still here to tell you the truth, but he's not...and I firmly believe JG is going to be a great coach in the league one of these days....Coaching is as much about experience as it is anything else. I can honestly see JG going somewhere else, and succeeding...Wade is wade, and is going to have his warts, but he's still one of the best defensive minds in the game...I guess I"m not wanting to waste some of the primes of our players to start a whole new coaching regimen.

It's gotta click one of these days....right?

Insanity...probably.
                                I understand your point. It makes sense.

But at the same point, not every coach can live by the excuse that it took Cowher 10 years. Cowher was/is one of a kind. He was a guy you wanted to believe in even when he had down years. It was his personality that won you over. Wade doesn't do that in any sense. At least not for me. He's one of those guys that is a better coordinator than HC. He just doesn't have the fire. In fact, when he does show fire, I want to laugh because it's so cute. So out of character. So wannabe. LOL.

I want a HC with fire & intensity, who is a good motivator, who can lead, demand respect, instill discipline, make good game time decisions, who can get the best out of his players, who's demeanor exudes onto his players... and it can be seen on the field as they drip blood and sweat... I want a guy who players will fight for just to make him happy.

I know I'm dreaming... but this would be heaven... Give me HC John Gruden, OC Norm Chow, DC Mike Singletary

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information