Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I completely understand....and I'm not sold on keeping Wade...really just back and forth on Jerry keeping him vs. hiring someone new.Again, I just don't think there's many others that are going to be able to take the Defense any higher than what Wade has...Maybe Rex Ryan, but he's not going anywhere.

Comment

• On a side note here. We've allowed 2 consecutive 100 yard rushers, something we haven't done for ever. Before those two games we had only allowed 1 in the past 19 games. This is worrisome with AP next on the schedule. We shut him down both times we've played him if memory serves me well but something is different on the field...teams actually can run on us this year...they've never been able to do that with Wade here. This is bad bad bad news.

Also Romo usually puts up a stinker against cover 2 teams and minnesota has the best in the league with one of the top young DC in the game. We are going to have to be sharp early.

Comment

• I wouldn't worry about the defense, Wade will do his thing.

And its only inevitable that you give up a 100 yard rusher here and there. It happens, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Comment

• So how do we beat Minnesota? Feelings on the game? Will we get our revenge or will we just bend over and take it up the ass?

Comment

• I think the keys to this game will be the same for most every game this year.

1. Can we minimize mistakes - We will never play mistake free. We just need to not have back breakers, like the kickoff return, 2 tipped passes, multiple blatant pass interferences, etc.

2. Can we block 'em? Plain and simple - If we can give Romo time, he will make plays.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              So how do we beat Minnesota? Feelings on the game? Will we get our revenge or will we just bend over and take it up the ass?
              I think we win, because right before the ship completely sinks we come up big. Minny looks worse then us because Favre is banged up so much. We only play well when we get our ass kicked and everyone shits on us in the media. We'll probably lose the next game after we beat Minny by 10.

I still expect a ton of penalities, no turnovers, and tons of passing though. That never gets old.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                I think the keys to this game will be the same for most every game this year.

1. Can we minimize mistakes - We will never play mistake free. We just need to not have back breakers, like the kickoff return, 2 tipped passes, multiple blatant pass interferences, etc.

2. Can we block 'em? Plain and simple - If we can give Romo time, he will make plays.
                I agree with the minimizing mistakes part. They really need to limit that **** big time.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I have Minnesota winning as long as Farve plays the entire game. Its not gonna be the rout that it was last year but there is a few things I see with this game that will end up tipping this game in the Vikes favor.

Home field is huge in this game would pick Dallas if they were at home but this will lead to a few false starts on Dallas being in Minnesota. Also it appears Gurrode may not play or be limited against the Williams wall and Kennedy on passing downs hurts alot.

Dez isnt totally healthy for this game and Minnesota can go cover 2 on Miles and Roy which will hurt. Whitten will need to have a huge game.

The Doug Free VS Jared Allen matchup would scare me. Last Year when Free replaced Adams things went downhill add in the crowd noise and that Allen has been quiet through the first few games. He tends to get sacks in bunches and this is the perfect kind of storm for him. I expect 2 plus sacks out of him unless Dallas totally commits to helping Free.

I think it will be close 23-17 Minnesota.

Comment

• Doug Free has been rock solid this year, and Jared Allen has been a shell of his former self.
                    I wouldn't expect much from Allen this time.

Dallas needs to feature a lot of Witten and Marty B in this game, and they need to get the ball to Felix Jones 20+ times, one way or the other.

On defense, I expect DeMarcus Ware & Anthony Spencer to have a big game and cause Favre into some mistakes.

I see this game going down to the wire, with the sad case that the outcome will most likely be decided by which team is the benefactor of the refs worst calls. You know there will be some.

I hate the Vikings so I will be rooting for you guys... but I don't have Miles Austin in FF so I hope it's like a 16-13, low-scoring Cowboys win.

Comment

• There was speculation on the Favre Sexual Harrassment thread that he will play the opening series only & maybe hand it off a few times to Peterson to preserve his consecutive starts rcd.

If that is true than it's Tavaris & he's beatable on so many levels. If Rice is out then so much the better for Dallas' chances. Free has to contain Alen though.

Minimizing penalties by concentrating on not making mistakes is key here -- it worked on the road in Houston so it can be done in Minnesota in this MUST WIN game.

I don't see Jenkins dorking it up a 2nd wk. in a row, or Newman for that matter. Keep them in too many 3rd & longs, let the pass rush force the issue, win on time of possession & + on the turnovers & Dallas wins.

Comment

• 52-11

That's the record this year in the NFL for the team that wins the turnover battle, even if it's just +1.

Another note I just heard from Norm: The Cowboys haven't had a single turnover from their FS position since late in the 2008 season.

Since the beginning of the 2009 season, they are dead last in turnovers forced. That means, yes, trailing teams such as the Bills, Rams, Browns, Lions, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by igglefanz View Post

The Doug Free VS Jared Allen matchup would scare me. Last Year when Free replaced Adams things went downhill add in the crowd noise and that Allen has been quiet through the first few games. He tends to get sacks in bunches and this is the perfect kind of storm for him. I expect 2 plus sacks out of him unless Dallas totally commits to helping Free.

I think it will be close 23-17 Minnesota.
                          Actually, this is a huge misconception. Free actually shut out Allen. Flo had a bit of trouble with Allen early and then he went out. Free did an excellent job. IT was the right side of our line that did so poorly.

Frankly, it was this game that convinced the franchise that Free can handle the job.
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                            Actually, this is a huge misconception. Free actually shut out Allen. Flo had a bit of trouble with Allen early and then he went out. Free did an excellent job. IT was the right side of our line that did so poorly.

Frankly, it was this game that convinced the franchise that Free can handle the job.
                            Right, isn't this the game where people really first learned about Ray Edwards?
                            He all of a sudden was a household name.

Comment

• I'm not worried about Allen at all vs Free, I bet he rarely gets any help on him all game and I highly doubt he gives up a sack either. It'll be the right side of the line again. I kept telling people all off-season that Allen got a sack the first play on a mixup where he wasn't touched but Free did very well after that and handled Allen most of that game.

Free has already faced top notch pass rushers mostly every week and has yet to give up a sack, sadly he's one of the few players we don't have to worry about week to week along with Miles Austin, Ratliff and Ware.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                                Right, isn't this the game where people really first learned about Ray Edwards?
                                He all of a sudden was a household name.
                                Yep, he made Columbo look like he sould have been on the practice squad, and with how bad Davis has been playing that side will be the weak spot and extra protection will be sliding that way with TE's and RB's.

Expect alot of 1 on 1 with Allen & Free and I fully expect Free to handle him. I'd make a sig bet with anyone that Allen won't record a sack matched up with Free.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information