Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys ever think T-New would ever move to Safety? It's a thought I think we've discussed here for the last couple years. Do you think it's a realistic option or no?

The way I look at it now is that we are now in draft range to get a guy like Patrick Peterson. Jenkins and Peterson would be the sex. But could we then move Newman to Safety? The thought intrigues me. I have to admit.
    Last edited by D-Unit; 10-19-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• I think they would keep Newman at corner since he's playing great there this year, and they'd probably want to ease in a young corner before taking a guy like Newman away from that spot. Scandrick isn't playing too well so far this season, and I think that they will want to keep the sure thing in Newman there before revamping the spot.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Do you guys ever think T-New would ever move to Safety? It's a thought I think we've discussed here for the last couple years. Do you think it's a realistic option or no?

The way I look at it now is that we are now in draft range to get a guy like Patrick Peterson. Jenkins and Peterson would be the sex. But could we then move Newman to Safety? The thought intrigues me. I have to admit.

Oh please do not talk of Patrick Peterson on the Cowboys I can't ruin my work pants this early in the day.

I've always thought Newman at FS would work out no problem, actually could be ideal. I thought he could move there awhile ago, but keep in mind we better get a thumper at SS because Newman will fall apart trying to tackle guys too often.

Jesus, Jenkins and Peterson? Can we please lose moar games now!!111!!

Lol not but that'd be awesome. Love to have Wade as the DC if that were the case, we'd blitz nearly every play.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• If you guys got Peterson, I'd probalby cry.

But say that does happen, you still keep Newman at CB. Having 3 good CBs is a requirement these days, not a luxury. So Id keep Newman at CB, Scandrick can be your 4, and just press and get after that qb.

A good press man defense can get away with mediocre safeties. Look at the Jets. They just play zero coverage every 3rd and long and blitz their safeties.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            If you guys got Peterson, I'd probalby cry.
            The great thing about the 2010 Cowboys is that they're just good enough that they're probably going to finish with a 7-9 or 8-8 record, and they're just bad enough that they won't make the playoffs.

So I doubt they'll have a high enough draft pick in 2011 to get any of the elite CBs like Peterson or Amukamara.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
              The great thing about the 2010 Cowboys is that they're just good enough that they're probably going to finish with a 7-9 or 8-8 record, and they're just bad enough that they won't make the playoffs.

So I doubt they'll have a high enough draft pick in 2011 to get any of the elite CBs like Peterson or Amukamara.
              Your probably right, but at this point 8-8 is a big stretch. That means we go 7-4 the rest of the way and our schedule only gets harder and we haven't played any where near good enough to go 7-4.

Ironic part is every loss has been 7 or less points, that close to being undefeated. Easy to see how important penalties and special teams has been.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Ironic part is every loss has been 7 or less points, that close to being undefeated. Easy to see how important penalties and special teams has been.
                I still think the Cowboys are pound-for-pound the best team in the NFC East talent-wise. They've literally dominated the game in each of their losses. All it would take for them to be a playoff team this year is some more discipline. As it stands, even with Wade Phillips, I don't see them losing more than 10 games, MAX, in 2010. I think they will go on a late-season run and again, they're not getting a top 10 draft pick unless they tank the season on purpose.

Comment

• I knew harvin was gonna take that kid back. Call it a 6th sense.

I asked this question before... if we beat the giants and jags and are 3-4... where do we go fro there?..

Anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    This game or the one vs Minny?

I thought the Minny game was poorly officiated and it cost the Cowboys, but the Cowboys also cost themselves with mistakes.

This game, I think your defense matches up very well with our offense and I think our defense can contain your offense as well.

Its gonna be a good old fashioned NFC East battle that will be close either way, whoever turns it over more loses.
                    Go back to establishing the run! Start with Bradshaw and dare I say, bash them with Jacobs for a little bit.. just a little bit.. BBD, so don't get too excited! : )

Comment

• It's gonna be upsetting when we win this game lol

Comment

• If we win this game we are right back in it. It all comes down to winning NFC East games at this point.

On another note good felix post over at btb
                        http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...ter-of-chances

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                          If we win this game we are right back in it. It all comes down to winning NFC East games at this point.

On another note good felix post over at btb
                          http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...ter-of-chances
                          So thule, I take it you still have faith in this season?

Comment

• I don't have espn.com insider so I can't read the article, but the title says"

"Schefter: Bill Cowher could coach Cowboys"

Let's FUC*KING GO

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                              I don't have espn.com insider so I can't read the article, but the title says"

"Schefter: Bill Cowher could coach Cowboys"

Let's FUC*KING GO
                              No substance to it.

This is the main excerpt:

Q: Hey Adam, is it time to give up on the Dallas Cowboys? And if so, what can they do to get back in the saddle for next season?

-- Justin (Dallas)

A: It's not time to give up entirely yet, Justin, but the situation does look bleak. What's sobering isn't their 1-4 record so much as the fact that this team hasn't inspired the confidence that it can be consistent enough to reel off a long winning streak, which is what it will need to get back into playoff contention. At some point, this team is going to turn over the football and commit a dumb penalty and sabotage itself. It has happened consistently this season and, as long as it does, this team will not go as far as it had hoped. And should this continue, the Cowboys are going to make some wholesale changes for next year. Start thinking big ... like Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, John Fox, coaches of that caliber.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                                It's gonna be upsetting when we win this game lol
                                I'm gonna pissed as hell if we beat the Giants.

hahahahahaahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information