Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He actually looks so athletic in that picture.

Comment

• He is athletic as all get out. He just doesn't know where the hell he's supposed to be!
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
        He is athletic as all get out. He just doesn't know where the hell he's supposed to be!
        The team has to let him learn through his mistakes. The season is over. Now is the time. If we do it soon enough, maybe he can help turn this thing around. Not like Brooking is playing mistake free.

Comment

• They're playing J Williams more this season, so maybe the light turns on before the end of the year. He hasn't looked lost out there except on that one TD in the Viking game inside the 10. He really just needs to figure out where to go and he'll be good. Giving him real game experience should help him do that. They've also been playing Lee more too, and he looks nice from what I've seen.
          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            The team has to let him learn through his mistakes. The season is over. Now is the time. If we do it soon enough, maybe he can help turn this thing around. Not like Brooking is playing mistake free.
            You're probably right. I guess I'm still foolishly holding on to some hope that this could turn around.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              You're probably right. I guess I'm still foolishly holding on to some hope that this could turn around.
              I just watch the Patriots... Devin McCourty is just getting torched out there. Patrick Chung is giving up TDs to TEs... but at the same time... they are making big plays too. They have so much faith in their draft picks, it never ceases to amaze me. Brandon Spikes got so much negative pub as the draft approached... Pats got him and now they look golden in the middle with Spikes and Mayo. I mean seriously... we need to trust our own guys too and let them play through their mistakes. Especially Lee. Dude doesn't make the same mistake twice very often.

Comment

• I honestly was never a big fan of Lee. Penn State LBs in general wind up being mediocre in the NFL.

They get this persona as linebacker U but its such ********. 95% of their LBs wind up being mediocre as hell at the next level.

Look at Paul Poz and Dan Conner, both of whom were thought to be better than Lee coming out. Both are mediocre as hell.

Comment

• McCourty from what I've heard is actually playing pretty well this year. They threw him into the fire and he's their #1 CB right now and I expected growing pains but I've also read a lot of positives.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• That is a legit point D-Unit. With the season more than on the brink, might as well play the kid. Brooking is slower than my grandma on oxygen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      McCourty from what I've heard is actually playing pretty well this year. They threw him into the fire and he's their #1 CB right now and I expected growing pains but I've also read a lot of positives.
                      McCourty has done some nice things, but I love how NE is letting him take his lumps too. He's had some costly mistakes/penalties, but they let him play through it. He'll make a lot more mistakes too. It doesn't matter, even vets make mistakes... but at least they're finding out fast what they got.

No reason why Dallas shouldn't be starting AOA over Ball right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        McCourty has done some nice things, but I love how NE is letting him take his lumps too. He's had some costly mistakes/penalties, but they let him play through it. He'll make a lot more mistakes too. It doesn't matter, even vets make mistakes... but at least they're finding out fast what they got.

No reason why Dallas shouldn't be starting AOA over Ball right now.
                        Great points! When we have had a no nonsense coach like Johnson or Parcells the best players played. When we have had players coaches like Switzer, Phillips and Campo the favorites play. On the field performance does not matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricowboy View Post
                          Great points! When we have had a no nonsense coach like Johnson or Parcells the best players played. When we have had players coaches like Switzer, Phillips and Campo the favorites play. On the field performance does not matter.
                          I agree to an extent, but how do we even know AOA or Jason Williams actually ARE the best players? I fully believe in letting the best guys play, but it's a whole nother issue to just assume those guys are the best.

While the guys in front of them may not be world beaters, we aren't out of the playoffs, or the division race yet, so it's not just open season to playing back-ups like it's the pre-season. We haven't seen those guys in practice yet, so it's a little hard for me to start bashing him for playing guys who by all accounts could be worse.

Were comparing him to McCourty who was a 1st round pick, in the early 20's, to AOA, a mid round Safety from a Div-1AA school we was a developmental project while were still in the hunt to win the division. I agree with the premise, but two completely different scenarios.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Is it me or is Garrett making excuses for lack of points his offenses produces. First, he stated the defense was not getting enough turnovers and leaving a long field for the offense. Yes, it is true, but Garrett's job to orchestrate scoring drives by having a great game plan. No matter how far from the end-zone you are! Second, he is privately stating he can't run the complete offense with the current o-Line. This offensive line is built to run block. Maybe if Garrett had a great game plan the boys would score more!

To be clear, my issue is with an offensive coordinator and potential head coach blaming the players. He is not being accountable for he poor performance!

Comment

• AOA may be a stretch, but I honestly think Jason Williams' freakish athleticism would make more plays than brooking if given a whole game, even if he doesn't know what he's doing. Brooking is shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                I agree to an extent, but how do we even know AOA or Jason Williams actually ARE the best players? I fully believe in letting the best guys play, but it's a whole nother issue to just assume those guys are the best.

While the guys in front of them may not be world beaters, we aren't out of the playoffs, or the division race yet, so it's not just open season to playing back-ups like it's the pre-season. We haven't seen those guys in practice yet, so it's a little hard for me to start bashing him for playing guys who by all accounts could be worse.

Were comparing him to McCourty who was a 1st round pick, in the early 20's, to AOA, a mid round Safety from a Div-1AA school we was a developmental project while were still in the hunt to win the division. I agree with the premise, but two completely different scenarios.
                                I agree with your point. There is strong evidence to support my arguement. Free sat on the bench and never really had a shot to prove himself till he was really needed. Young players need to play and learn from their mistakes. Heck, some of the players mentioned are not performing at a high level. Why not try a young faster player and let him develop.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information