This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    Anyone ever think of trading for bob sanders? I'd give up a 4th.
    You're crazy.

Comment

• I just want it to be tuesday morning.

Comment

• http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ed...2C8697%2C10138

food for thought...

Comment

• Ray Edwards was fined $20K for spearing Barber in the Minnesota game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shane_man View Post
            I've been saying the same thing.
            It's self fulfilling prophecy almost. From the media, to the commentators, to the fans, to the players and coaches....Everyone knows about the 'Boys penalty woes. If that doesn't influence a Ref's decision then I don't know what else would. It's like jurors not being allowed to hear or read about a case they're on. Cowboys are making mistakes, and being penalized for stupid mistakes, but some of these calls are just ticky tack that go against the 'Boys because of their reputation moreso than it being a legit call. There can literally be a penalty on every play of every game. Refs need to distinguish which are worthy of being called. Cowboys players haven't done that great of job of eliminating that decision, but these Refs have made some purely AWFUL calls against the Boys.....game deciding awful calls.
            Last edited by FreshBoy!; 10-23-2010, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
              I've been saying the same thing.
              It's self fulfilling prophecy almost. From the media, to the commentators, to the fans, to the players and coaches....Everyone knows about the 'Boys penalty woes. If that doesn't influence a Ref's decision then I don't know what else would. It's like jurors not being allowed to hear or read about a case they're on. Cowboys are making mistakes, and being penalized for stupid mistakes, but some of these calls are just ticky tack that go against the 'Boys because of their reputation moreso than it being a legit call. There can literally be a penalty on every play of every game. Refs need to distinguish which are worthy of being called. Cowboys players haven't done that great of job of eliminating that decision, but these Refs have made some purely AWFUL calls against the Boys.....game deciding awful calls.
              Yeah... same here. I posted this on Monday... I believe we the refs are quicker to call penalties on us because of the reputation we have as being a highly penalized team.

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Yeah, what you'll start to see more too now is that refs will start to give us less of a break. Once you build a reputation as a highly penalized team, then refs make your lives a living nightmare. They call stuff that is marginal, but you get called because... hey... you're one of those highly penalized teams the league knows you as.

Comment

• I agree with you guys, and I stated before that in football the limit between a legit and an illegal play is too narrow especially when it comes to holding or pass interference.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I wish refs would call Cowboy games liberally like they did in AFC North or Patriots games. Those teams get away with a lot of stuff, and it's usually excused as just "physical" play.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Ok, I'm not sure how I can read 4 pages of talk about starting Jason Williams and not hear anyone make this argument.

D, you want Jason Williams to play...have you watched our team give up big plays this year? I can pin 3-4 TD's on Jason Williams alone. ..."take your lumps"...i'm sorry but when you see the field maybe 10 defensive snaps a game max and you blow an assignment that leads to points on basic fundamental assignments you don't even deserve to see the field for those 10 plays....

vikings game
                    In the first quarter, cornerback Orlando Scandrick allowed receiver Greg Camarillo release to the inside on a play from the Cowboys' 10. Camarillo made the catch and immediately went into a crouch as if he were going to be hit. Instead, Camaraillo went into the end zone untouched, with Williams standing in the vicinity.

On a third-and-4 from the Cowboys 32 in the third quarter, Minnesota quarterback Brett Favre dropped the shotgun snap. It may have been two unrelated events, but Williams broke inside in pursuit of the loose ball, and tight end Jim Kleinsasser drifted away from the line uncovered.

Favre recovered the ball and lobbed a throw to the wide-open Kleinsasser, who went for 20 yards. The Vikings scored four plays later, on Adrian Peterson's one-yard run, for a 21-14 lead.
                    titans game
                    The kick went deep right (Cowboys right) where Marc Mariani fielded the ball and starts to his right (Cowboys left). As Mariani starts up the field, there are eight Cowboys between the hash and the sidelines. The remaining players on the left hand side are Kevin Ogletree, Ball and Jason Williams. Williams then crosses the hash to make it nine on that side but is not aware that the ball is coming to his left.
                    texans game
                    Whatever advantage inside linebacker Jason Williams derived from being in the Dallas Cowboys' system a year longer than rookie Sean Lee is gone.

Coach Wade Phillips said this week that Williams has played well on special teams but Lee is ``further ahead as far as being able to play right now'' in the base defense. Inactive for the last two games because of a strained hamstring, Lee is expected to return for Sunday's game against Tennessee. His main duty will be special teams, but he could also get some plays on defense.

``He (Lee) can play about anything,'' Phillips said. ``We've just got to get him out there. He makes very few mistakes, especially for a rookie. He's gung-ho, going hard all the time.''

Williams received two plays with the defense during the win at Houston. On the second snap, Texans back Arian Foster ripped through the middle of the defense on a 26-yard run.
                    This preseason we were all in love with the linebacker depth the Cowboys possessed. Against the Texans, it was painfully obvious just much of a drop off it truly is between the starters and the backups. On one play in the third quarter, both Leon and Jason Williams were in the game to spell Keith Brooking and Bradie James. The Texans run a counter play, with the offensive line pushing to the right while Arian Foster cut to his left. Both Williams' lost containment on the play and bit on the movement of the offense, resulting in the biggest play of the game for the Texans. Foster rumbled for 26 yards on a play the Cowboys had to have seen about fifty times on tape.
                    before week 1
                    All preseason I had the Cowboys keeping just eight linebackers total. They decided to go with nine, going deep at inside linebacker and keeping Leon Williams. After watching Jason Williams continue to struggle (yes, he struggled) and Sean Lee fail to secure that nickel linebacker position, it became increasingly obvious that Leon Williams might be needed on this team.
                    What fan of this team can see Williams on the field. Watch him get burned..and then start calling for him to start. He hasn't made one play for this team aside from a special teams block to spring Dez Bryant on his punt return for a TD. Brooking is starting because it's not even close when comparing the on the field product.

Now don't get me wrong coaches aren't perfect. Hell every single person here has called for someone not named Ball at safety...yet Wade has a man crush on Ball...he's raved about him since day one.

But look at the on the field production....Jason Williams isn't playing because he is absolutely awful on the field. Hell even he jokes that Ware should hang them up so he can get some chances to rush the passer from the outside.

Also don't get me wrong here...I still like Williams and still think he can be a good player for us. However it's clear from his production on the field that he isn't ready. There is more to the game than being able to run and jump...it's going to take time. He needs to get the other side of the game down.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      I honestly was never a big fan of Lee. Penn State LBs in general wind up being mediocre in the NFL.

They get this persona as linebacker U but its such ********. 95% of their LBs wind up being mediocre as hell at the next level.

Look at Paul Poz and Dan Conner, both of whom were thought to be better than Lee coming out. Both are mediocre as hell.
                      Lee's health concerns were the only things that even should put him in the same bracket as the other two you mentioned. Multiple teams said they graded him out on the field when health as the best LB since Patrick Willis. The one team i remember for sure was SF...and Singletary raved about him...that said he's not necessarily the best judge of talent vs. a scout...but he was a pretty good one himself.

Sean Lee on the field has been solid when healthy...but just like why he fell on draft day...he can't stay healthy thus far so it looks like scouting reports are right.

Comment

• Just as a sidenote from all the arguments, I think we can all agree that D-Unit has the best Avy I have seen in a while.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
                          Just as a sidenote from all the arguments, I think we can all agree that D-Unit has the best Avy I have seen in a while.
                          Yours aint too shabby my friend.

Comment

• Mmm mmm mmm. Vida Guerra needs to get out of my dreams and into my pants.
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• With the eagles losing, let's GO. Win and were right back in it.

Comment

• If we win tomorrow we are only 1 loss behing the rest of the division...talk about a great year to have parody in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information