This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule View Post
    If we win tomorrow we are only 1 loss behing the rest of the division...talk about a great year to have parody in the NFL.
    I won't sleep to watch the game (air from 2 to 5 AM) here, sto they better win!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

If we win tomorrow we are only 1 loss behing the rest of the division...talk about a great year to have parody in the NFL.
      Did you see how horrible Washington and Philly played? It's like they don't want to win. Amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Did you see how horrible Washington and Philly played? It's like they don't want to win. Amazing.
        Did you watch the Eagles' game? I did and I'd like to reinforce my point. We all remember the amazing Michael Griffin pick on a 1&10 in the redzone. Even though the Eagles yesterday loss they scored 10 points out of 2 missed interceptions. The first one on an underthrown ball when Hope had all the time in the world and he decided to sit back instead of attacking the ball and the Eagles' receiver came out with the catch. The second one when Hope dropped a pick.
        Am I saying we're playing flawless and we've just been unlucky? Nope, I'm saying that we have not played good but that we've been very unlucky. With just a little more luck we would be at least 3-2 if not 4-1 or even 5-0.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
          Did you watch the Eagles' game? I did and I'd like to reinforce my point. We all remember the amazing Michael Griffin pick on a 1&10 in the redzone. Even though the Eagles yesterday loss they scored 10 points out of 2 missed interceptions. The first one on an underthrown ball when Hope had all the time in the world and he decided to sit back instead of attacking the ball and the Eagles' receiver came out with the catch. The second one when Hope dropped a pick.
          Am I saying we're playing flawless and we've just been unlucky? Nope, I'm saying that we have not played good but that we've been very unlucky. With just a little more luck we would be at least 3-2 if not 4-1 or even 5-0.
          I hate how cowboys fans use luck as an excuse. This post doesn't directly relate to what I'm talking about but it's a starting point.

How about we are lucky because the rest of our division has 3 losses...we could be unlucky and have a 5-1 team in our division and not be able to control our own destiny...but we do.

Bad calls are something you can hold against a team because it's something that can be controlled for the most part. If you are america's team you have a target on your back. You are always going to get teams who want to play on a big stage and bring their A game...

Execute and luck becomes a non-issue.
          /rant

Comment

I hate how cowboys fans use luck as an excuse. This post doesn't directly relate to what I'm talking about but it's a starting point.

How about we are lucky because the rest of our division has 3 losses...we could be unlucky and have a 5-1 team in our division and not be able to control our own destiny...but we do.

Bad calls are something you can hold against a team because it's something that can be controlled for the most part. If you are america's team you have a target on your back. You are always going to get teams who want to play on a big stage and bring their A game...

Execute and luck becomes a non-issue.
            /rant
            I do not agree. I think that luck plays a big role in sports game. You still have to put yourself in a position to win, so luck by itself can't get you wins but it's still very helpful.
            The difference between a W and a L can be a lucky play. The Redskins for example have been lucky on several occasion. Netherlands in the WC made it to the finals with a lot of help by luck.
            I'm not referring to bad calls, I'm referring to bounces that go the other way. And this year has been like that so far.
            Do you remember the first season of Romo as a starter? It looked like any bounce was going his way.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• I'll take luck over skill every time...but this team is 1-4 because we didn't execute on the field...not because we are unlucky. You can't control luck yet you can control execution. So sure I agree if we had a "bit more luck" we could have a better record...but why not just wish for "a little better execution and focus". Execution breads consistency...consistency builds confidence.

Comment

• So how do you Dallas fans feel about tonight? I noticed on various MBs your fan base has been too quiet. It's kind of creeping me out how quiet. Do you guys expect to establish the run or is it going to be passing all night long? Any key injuries you guys have on your team that won't be playing tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                  So how do you Dallas fans feel about tonight? I noticed on various MBs your fan base has been too quiet. It's kind of creeping me out how quiet. Do you guys expect to establish the run or is it going to be passing all night long? Any key injuries you guys have on your team that won't be playing tonight?
                  This game can go like any of em.

We can win the game if we limit mistakes and don't turn the ball over. If we do, it's pretty much assured that we lose.

I just don't think there's much to analyze on this one. The teams know each other very well. It comes down to who executes better and limits mistakes. I know that's boring, but it's true.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                    This game can go like any of em.

We can win the game if we limit mistakes and don't turn the ball over. If we do, it's pretty much assured that we lose.

I just don't think there's much to analyze on this one. The teams know each other very well. It comes down to who executes better and limits mistakes. I know that's boring, but it's true.
                    That makes sense. I am interested in seeing how our defense does. We swept you guys last year with a garbage DC. I am curious to see how our new DC and his system matches up against you guys. Will it work? Will our pass rush be a problem? How is the scheme hold up against yours?

On offense, I am interested in seeing how Bradshaw does against you guys. The Jacobs era starting is done, so now you guys will get to see how Bradshaw runs as a starter. So I am interested in seeing how he does against your front throughout the game.

Hopefully we can execute and not shoot ourselves in the foot.

Comment

• By my count this is the 3rd NYG @ Dallas game in 3 yrs televised on a national TV audience.

IDK what that says positively for fan loyalty but I do know that ESPN can't showcase 2 big mkt. teams going head to head enough & ring their cash register.

In the 1st yr of MNF in 1970 Dallas was playing horribly vs Cleveland & the crowd knew Dandy Don Meredith was in the booth, so they chanted "We Want Meredith!!" Just wondering if the new Jerryworld crowd will do the same for Gruden if Wade's team chokes yet another one on national TV...... Dallas fans cumulative frustration >>>>>>> realism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                        I do not agree. I think that luck plays a big role in sports game. You still have to put yourself in a position to win, so luck by itself can't get you wins but it's still very helpful.
                        The difference between a W and a L can be a lucky play. The Redskins for example have been lucky on several occasion. Netherlands in the WC made it to the finals with a lot of help by luck.
                        I'm not referring to bad calls, I'm referring to bounces that go the other way. And this year has been like that so far.
                        Do you remember the first season of Romo as a starter? It looked like any bounce was going his way.
                        Off topic but the Netherlands made it to the finals by playing a frustrating and destructive game with Sneijder playing like the player of the tournament candidate that he is. That team was stifling and could score if you let them. That's why the made the championships, that and they total broke Brazil mentally.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                          So how do you Dallas fans feel about tonight? I noticed on various MBs your fan base has been too quiet. It's kind of creeping me out how quiet. Do you guys expect to establish the run or is it going to be passing all night long? Any key injuries you guys have on your team that won't be playing tonight?

The sad thing is none of us know what to expect. We could come out and dominate like vs the Texans, get our asses handed to us, or lose another close game with tons of penalties and special teams blunders. We have been so erratic from one extreme to the other this season nobody truly knows.

That said it seems like one of those seasons where we are gonna lose by 3 points tonight. We are gonna have tons of chances to win, he'll Romo will probably throw the GW TD to Austin, only to have it called back for holding on Holland. Then Romo throws a pick when we are in a 4th and 25 situation. That's just so typical for how things go I'm almost certain it'll happen that way.

But they broke down some film on NFL Matchup which is why I love that show, and they basically showed how Scandrick is starting to turn into our Jacque Reeves. The exploitable matchup is Steve Smith on Scandrick in the slot, for some reason we still let him cover him man to man, and STILL get abused.

You wanna bet it happens tonight and Smith has over 130 yards and a few TD's? He bites on double moves now, and absolutely cannot keep up with him. Damn, for all the promise he showed as a rookie he has went downhill ever since and he's not asked to do anything different, but he can't cover anyone man to man in the slot anymore, esp not steve smith.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            The sad thing is none of us know what to expect. We could come out and dominate like vs the Texans, get our asses handed to us, or lose another close game with tons of penalties and special teams blunders. We have been so erratic from one extreme to the other this season nobody truly knows.

That said it seems like one of those seasons where we are gonna lose by 3 points tonight. We are gonna have tons of chances to win, he'll Romo will probably throw the GW TD to Austin, only to have it called back for holding on Holland. Then Romo throws a pick when we are in a 4th and 25 situation. That's just so typical for how things go I'm almost certain it'll happen that way.

But they broke down some film on NFL Matchup which is why I love that show, and they basically showed how Scandrick is starting to turn into our Jacque Reeves. The exploitable matchup is Steve Smith on Scandrick in the slot, for some reason we still let him cover him man to man, and STILL get abused.

You wanna bet it happens tonight and Smith has over 130 yards and a few TD's? He bites on double moves now, and absolutely cannot keep up with him. Damn, for all the promise he showed as a rookie he has went downhill ever since and he's not asked to do anything different, but he can't cover anyone man to man in the slot anymore, esp not steve smith.

Who else do you have to cover then? TN on Nicks, Jenkings on Manningham, and then Smith on who? Who is your nickel CB? That's where the match up is favorable.

Being a fan of Bradshaw, I am more interested on how he does against your defense, on national tv. If he has more than a 100 yard game, then he gets the lead in rushing yards, which would be amazing since our OL is nothing like what it was in 2007 and 2008.

Comment

• Newman on Manningham makes more sense, he's a deep threat and Newman can run with him. Nicks is the big play guy and Jenkins will be physical at the LOS and disrupt routes, all Newman will do is give him an 8 yard cushion.

Scandrick is the Nickle guy but it's just not gonna end well, mark my words. Smith is gonna eat him alive especially on 3rd downs. Bradshaw should have a good game, if he gets over 100 he earned it because we usually don't let guys over 100, and since it's happened a few times this season I think we'll crack down.

I just think Smith and Nicks will have a big game, our safeties are trash and while Earl Thomas is getting an INT a game our safeties are slow to react on every pass play possible.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Just cause you said that, Scandrick will have 2 picks, one to the house tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information