This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Newman on Manningham makes more sense, he's a deep threat and Newman can run with him. Nicks is the big play guy and Jenkins will be physical at the LOS and disrupt routes, all Newman will do is give him an 8 yard cushion.

Scandrick is the Nickle guy but it's just not gonna end well, mark my words. Smith is gonna eat him alive especially on 3rd downs. Bradshaw should have a good game, if he gets over 100 he earned it because we usually don't let guys over 100, and since it's happened a few times this season I think we'll crack down.

I just think Smith and Nicks will have a big game, our safeties are trash and while Earl Thomas is getting an INT a game our safeties are slow to react on every pass play possible.

If Smith is on Scandrick I can live with that. I hope Bradshaw can get between 100-120 yards rushing. If he can do that I will be excited! I think teams will have a hard time preparing for Bradshaw only because it's hard to game plan against someone who just does his own thing. Normally defenders read their keys and then react to stop the run. However, it's so hard because a defender can be in the right place based on the keys he has read, but Bradshaw may do something else that he sees.

That kind of style of running is what I love about his skill set. It's not like Jacobs who will run that play even if nothing is there. If we can establish the run, then I like our chances in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
      If Smith is on Scandrick I can live with that. I hope Bradshaw can get between 100-120 yards rushing. If he can do that I will be excited! I think teams will have a hard time preparing for Bradshaw only because it's hard to game plan against someone who just does his own thing. Normally defenders read their keys and then react to stop the run. However, it's so hard because a defender can be in the right place based on the keys he has read, but Bradshaw may do something else that he sees.

That kind of style of running is what I love about his skill set. It's not like Jacobs who will run that play even if nothing is there. If we can establish the run, then I like our chances in this game.
      Well I doubt Bradshaw gets that much rushing, we have only given up one 100yd rusher in 2 seasons and that was Chris Johnson. I would say we can defend the run pretty well. Maybe Bradshaw and Jacobs combinded though.....

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
        Well I doubt Bradshaw gets that much rushing, we have only given up one 100yd rusher in 2 seasons and that was Chris Johnson. I would say we can defend the run pretty well. Maybe Bradshaw and Jacobs combinded though.....
        No, I was thinking more just Bradshaw alone without Jacobs. My initial target is over 100 yards. Anything else after that is like bonus. I think due to his vision he can get 30 yards with that. Some of his 15-20 yard runs are just because he did something else.

Hopefully he sees something and improvises.

Comment

• At this point I only expect close games. The Cowboys are too good to get blown out, but too stupid to take over a game and wrap up wins. Throw in the NFC East rivalry and you've got the recipe for a close game. I'm trying to stay positive that they can salvage the season somehow, but reality of this mistake prone team keeps telling me that I'll be disappointed over and over again.
          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Yeah I agree. When it comes to division games, you have to throw the records out the window. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this game too. It's going to be a tough match up. However, I do like how we are playing. It's not perfect by any means, but things have cleaned up.

Comment

• This game is all going to come down to which team gets the early lead. If dallas can jump out to a 7 point lead early...Wade is going to have this defense dialed up. Look in the past at all the must win games for the Cowboys...this defense is going to play like a top unit in the league tonight. Seems like every year we get 2-3 games where we just dominate on defense. New Orleans..GB a couple years ago...IND a couple of years ago. All huge game that our defense played out of their minds...plan to see that tonight.

That said for whatever reason if we get down early this is going to be a tough game for Cowboys fans to watch. Garrett isn't going to trust his OL and Romo is going to have happy feet all game. I fully expect a gameplan similar to what we ran in Minnesota from Garrett. JG has shown all season that he doesn't trust our OL and it's not going to change against this front. Quick passes.some TE screens and some plays to get Jones in space. I'm not sure how much we see out of Roy today but I expect Austin to have a big game...I think Dez gets 5 catches today...I think we'll go PA a couple times on running downs and try to take a chance...something we didn't really try last week...Bryant is healthier than last week so I expect to see us try a couple just to see if we can break it open.

That said Nicks scares me...I can see it now...Jenkins getting overly physical with him and drawing more flags. Personally I'd stick Newman on him because Newman has been lockdown this year and he is their best weapon. Manningham is going to get a couple shots deep today...I have a feeling he might be the guy who makes us pull out our hair in the end.

Running game all comes down to who has the lead. If you want a 100 yards from Bradshaw you better be playing with a lead and vice versa for the Cowboys.

Comment

• I am hoping it won't come down to a lead or not. It will just be Bradshaw doing his thing. If there are no holes or no where to go because the Dallas front is stout, then do what you do, and create something out of nothing. If he can do that, and just play his game, then I like his chances of getting 100 yards.

Comment

• I would put Jenkins on Nicks, Newman on Smith and Scandrick on Manningham.

Jenkins matches up best size wise with Nicks. Scandrick is better protecting one dimensional deep routes than he is on defending quick intermediate routes that are more intricate. Where as, Newman has played well in the NB role.

Comment

I am hoping it won't come down to a lead or not. It will just be Bradshaw doing his thing. If there are no holes or no where to go because the Dallas front is stout, then do what you do, and create something out of nothing. If he can do that, and just play his game, then I like his chances of getting 100 yards.
                    I think Bradshaw can be contained. If he gets 100 yards, it won't be by much. I'm still not sold he's as good as Giants fans believe he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      I would put Jenkins on Nicks, Newman on Smith and Scandrick on Manningham.

Jenkins matches up best size wise with Nicks. Scandrick is better protecting one dimensional deep routes than he is on defending quick intermediate routes that are more intricate. Where as, Newman has played well in the NB role.
                      Ahh agreed 100%, this would be the best match-up now that I think about it. Newman would do a very good job on Smith, and Scandrick would be better suited defending a deep threat guy then biting double moves all game with Smith.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I think Bradshaw can be contained. If he gets 100 yards, it won't be by much. I'm still not sold he's as good as Giants fans believe he is.
                        Oh he is. Trust me, I don't tout players, on our team. In fact, one may say I am the most unbiased fan since I see the game as a coach rather than a fan. Bradshaw is the real deal AND is what I believe I think he is. This goes back when he was a rookie. However, since Jacobs was getting 5.0 yards a carry, we, minority fans of him, had to keep our mouths shut because all we heard as 5.0 yards a carry and jacobs wears down the defense, which is BS.

Bradshaw is the real deal. I hope he does well and I'd be very surprised if we can't get 100 yards. If he doesn't it's probably because we decided to attack your defense through the air, which would be sad. I'd like to attack through the ground, because I think we can get some success.

But Bradshaw is exactly what I thought and not alone actually. I remember talking to old man Garrett, when I chilled at his house, and I actually wanted to talk jacobs, but he cut me off, and talked about Bradshaw. Coach Garrett was highly touting Bradshaw as well. And this guy played in the NFL, coached in the NFL, and scouted in the NFL. So I was quite happy he and I were on the same page.

Comment

• Old man Garrett also thought, Todd Lowber, was the greatest athlete to ever put on a pair of cleats. lol.

That said, I like Bradshaw's game. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Old man Garrett also thought, Todd Lowber, was the greatest athlete to ever put on a pair of cleats. lol.

That said, I like Bradshaw's game. haha.
                            Yeah well, he is getting old. But the guy is a legend. How many people play, coach, and then get into scouting. He works with NJ players at his house. All the studs you can think of work with him in the summer. Plus his interviews for a job are hardcore. When I was done I was sweating.

Comment

Yeah well, he is getting old. But the guy is a legend. How many people play, coach, and then get into scouting. He works with NJ players at his house. All the studs you can think of work with him in the summer. Plus his interviews for a job are hardcore. When I was done I was sweating.
                              You are the man. I hope you never stop posting here. ;)

Comment

So how do you Dallas fans feel about tonight? I noticed on various MBs your fan base has been too quiet. It's kind of creeping me out how quiet. Do you guys expect to establish the run or is it going to be passing all night long? Any key injuries you guys have on your team that won't be playing tonight?
                                Indifferent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information