This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    6-10 is anyone's guess. If he misses 6 games that's the short end and he would be available to play the last 4 games, most people feel like it's gonna be 8 weeks though with only 2 games left.

Thing is, if we are 3-10 when it's his to return, you'd have to ask yourself what's the point. Obviously you don't sit a healthy player, but you also don't want him out there in meaningless games when one bad tackle or sack puts his rehab well into the summer. I don't think he'll be able to return until week 15 and our record will determine if he comes back at all or not.
    Yeah, if you guys are still losing it would be a waste to try to put him in. I can see you guys rather IR him and use that roster spot for another position. That may help only a little bit, but that may be only option left.

Comment

• I wouldn't be opposed to putting Romo on the DL and bringing in another young player to evaluate. I really hope we don't string out a run a wins only to miss the playoffs by a game or 2 and sabotage the chances of us getting a guy like Patrick Peterson

Comment

• Jacksonville totally sucks. How can we try to lose against them?

Comment

• This is a legit video:
          http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-nfl-netw.html

Some notes:

Romo is an absolute gangster. His first words after he got hit were "did he catch the pass?" He will win a ring for us.

Warren Sapp is an idiot. Lol romo is out and most of the other players? Your ******** you fool.

Dez is an absolute beast. My gosh. He is our team leader for the next decade. The way he said "Let's go kitna"... we need this kid.

One thing that pissed me off, and the very end when Dez shook Garrett's hand after we lost, you see demarcus ware laughing in the back ground.. Dude you've had a crappy year regardless of stat's and your teams season is over.. why are you laughing?
          Last edited by xxxxxxxx; 10-28-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Why are Dallas fans talking about getting Patrick Peterson? Don't you guys realize that you have, potentially, quarterback needs, and most definitely offensive line needs?

Picking Patrick Peterson with a top 10 pick next year and neglecting the offensive line yet again would lead to more losing seasons for the Cowboys.

Comment

• Romo is a baller. Don't throw QB issues at me.

Comment

• Well, regardless of whether Tony Romo at 32 is the franchise quarterback for the next decade or not...

Picking a defensive player like a Marcell Dareus or a Patrick Peterson with a top 10 pick is a luxury the Cowboys simply cannot afford. They've neglected the offensive line long enough, and if they pick another shiny toy in the 2011 draft they will continue to fail. Jerry needs to put aside his attraction to "big name" skill players and just bite the bullet and pick an offensive lineman, or a QB like Andrew Luck, potentially.

Comment

• There is no offensive lineman worth a top 15 selection. Taking peterson and then taking 2 lineman in rounds 2 and 3 is much better than reaching for one in round 1, then getting whatever players in rounds 2 and 3.

Peterson or a player like dareus and then 2 solid lineman in rounds 2 and 3 would be a great draft. And did you not see what eli just did to our pass defense? Peterson or prince would help just as much as an olineman dude.

Comment

• Oh and romo just turned 30 in late august and still looks mobile as hell, he's fine. He's a QB.

Comment

• Trade down and get more picks, and then address the offensive line. I think that should be step 1. Protect your franchise QB! I wouldn't mind if we drafted OL as well, especially at OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                        Why are Dallas fans talking about getting Patrick Peterson? Don't you guys realize that you have, potentially, quarterback needs, and most definitely offensive line needs?

Picking Patrick Peterson with a top 10 pick next year and neglecting the offensive line yet again would lead to more losing seasons for the Cowboys.
                        1. There is NO offensive lineman worth taking in the Top 10.

2. Jerry Jones prefers to get his OL via trade or FA.

3. Tony Romo is not the problem, I don't care what his critics say. Most of Romo's hate is caused by hatred to the Cowboys. Please... we're not taking Locker or Mallet. OMG, what a joke.

4. Patrick Peterson can play CB or S, he creates turnovers, something we have a hard time doing, and plays at a position that is expensive to fill in FA. Newman is also getting older.

Comment

• Thank you D-Unit for backing up what I said.

This draft looks stocked with 2nd and 3rd round talents on the o-line.

If we can get peterson, prince, or a DE like clayborn, you take him. Then you go o-line in rounds 2 and 3. That is fine for interior lineman especially. We don't need a LT, free is a baller. RT is much easier as well as interior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                            Trade down and get more picks, and then address the offensive line. I think that should be step 1. Protect your franchise QB! I wouldn't mind if we drafted OL as well, especially at OT.
                            We don't need more picks. We traded down for more picks in 2009 and that was our worst draft in recent memory.

I fully expect Jerry to bring in some OL help in FA or Trade.

We need playmakers with that first pick. Patrick Peterson, Nick Fairley, Adrian Clayborn... Dareus, I'm not sold on.

Comment

• Who is nick fairley? Sorry, not to draft savy yet..

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                                Who is nick fairley? Sorry, not to draft savy yet..
                                The #2 guy on my draft board. Absolute Monster DE at Auburn.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information