Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    Are you a fool? So would you take 2nd round talent with a top 10 pick instead of patrick peterson becuase you need an o-lineman?

    No you idiot, you take peterson, then take that guy or the best available o-lineman in the top of the 2nd round...

    THERE ARE NO OFFENSIVE LINEMAN IN THIS DRAFT WORTH A TOP TEN PICK.
    I expect you guys to be later top 10 pick. I think you guys can win some games with Kitna, unless you guys really tank the season. I don't see how you can't beat the Jags at home.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Wake up bro. There's 6 other rounds of drafting, plus Free Agency and Trade options.
      At what point are you guaranteed to get a quality RT in free agency or trade?

      And, in addition, I thought that the Cowboys had one of the best defensive units in the game. Didn't they finish in the top 10 last year? Why devote more resources to that side of the ball if they have so many holes elsewhere?

      Comment


      • I just want to say... I saw Marcus Cannon playing last night on TV and he is a hoss! Completely mauling Air Force. There's no way I believe he's over 350. He carries his weight extremely well. Plays very balanced, stays on his feet and can haul ass. I love that guy!!! He was playing LT, but I think putting him at Guard or RT would be awesome for us.

        Comment


        • I say were between 10-15 to be honest, which is unfortunate. Good for you giants fans though.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
            I expect you guys to be later top 10 pick. I think you guys can win some games with Kitna, unless you guys really tank the season. I don't see how you can't beat the Jags at home.
            I agree... somewhere between picks 6-10. I just hope not.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morton View Post
              You have Mike Jenkins and Terrence Newman, both of which were recently elected to attend the Pro Bowl.

              Cowboys fans clamoring for Patrick Peterson sound like a rich guy who owns both a Ferrari and a Porsche and yet is talking about buying a brand new Audi A8.



              I think Gabe Carimi of Wisconsin could be a solid LT/RT for a decade or more. He could give Dallas a great RT to pair opposite Doug Free.

              I also like Joseph Barksdale of LSU who projects as a quality RT in the NFL.

              Obviously Doug Free is the LT of the future for the Cowboys and he seems like a solid one at that. But RT obviously is a big area of need, along with OG, which could be shored up in later rounds.

              You think Carimi or Barksdale are worth the 6th-10th pick in the draft? Were not talking about an Andre Smith type of talent, these guys are borderline top 20 picks and terrible value that high.


              Terrance Newman will be 33 next year, and oft injured, how long do you think he's gonna be able to play. What happens if he gets injured? Oh but hey Mike Jenkins made the pro bowl so he'll be able to play all 3 corner spots right?


              Did you see how often Scandrick was targeted Monday? Or all season long? That's a trouble spot as much as the offensive line is contrary to popular belief, and we run the Nickle almost as a primary defense here.


              That's the problem is your trying to make us draft for need which is a terrible idea in the top 10 of a draft. There are some positions you just don't take that high, and you also don't reach and try and take solid players OVER elite players, you stick to your board. But maybe we should have taken Charles Brown last year over Dez, I mean he plays Tackle, surely that'd help more then Dez would.


              It's not like we have 2 young starting caliber CB's, and you can't expect to take JAG's at the position and hope it'll work. PP would enable Newman to play down in the slot, and take a RT early in the 2nd(primarily where you would want to take that sort of position. Let's not act like this is a premiere position that runs dry at that point, were not talking about a LT).


              Having 2 CB's is not enough, and frankly getting another CB is more important then a RT is. Everyone acts like because the line needs upgraded that you should automatically reach for a player that fits that positions, who cares that your overdrafting, I'm sure that'd help us out so much if we landed an average RT in the top 10 of the draft while missing out on a dominant elite CB.


              You don't know our team as well as you do if you think CB is a luxury, and regardless of if it was, you don't pass up superb prospects at the top of the draft and reach for a need. Whatever CB we drafted would play a ton, Columbo is still gonna be playing next year even if we do need a replacement.


              Your completely ignoring the fact that very good Olineman can be had early in the 2nd and 3rd round. If we were still picking around pick 23 yes those players would be perfect.


              But hey, I'm sure the Cards are in love with picking Levi Brown over Darrelle Revis right? They obviously needed a RT more, so that's obviously the way you do things.


              As long as you draft the position you needed most as early as possible that's exactly how you get better. *insert annoying eye roll here*





              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

              Comment


              • All I'm saying is that the Cowboys are in the basement of the NFC East at this point, and until they invest some serious draft picks into their offensive line, whoever is playing QB for the Cowboys in the future will be getting planted face down in the dirt by Giants, Redskins and Eagles pass rushers all decade long.

                If Jerry wants to invest a high pick in a luxury position like CB or DE, then, sure, go ahead and watch your offense score 14 points per game because you can't pass protect or run block with consistency. I'm sure the Giants, Eagles, and Redskins will love to see Patrick Peterson on the Cowboys rather than a stud offensive lineman.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morton View Post
                  All I'm saying is that the Cowboys are in the basement of the NFC East at this point, and until they invest some serious draft picks into their offensive line, whoever is playing QB for the Cowboys in the future will be getting planted face down in the dirt by Giants, Redskins and Eagles pass rushers all decade long.

                  If Jerry wants to invest a high pick in a luxury position like CB or DE, then, sure, go ahead and watch your offense score 14 points per game because you can't pass protect or run block with consistency. I'm sure the Giants, Eagles, and Redskins will love to see Patrick Peterson on the Cowboys rather than a stud offensive lineman.
                  I know you won't acknowledge this because it makes you look like a complete fool... But I'll ask the question once again, hoping to get an answer from you that I know I won't get.

                  What makes you think that the Cowboys can't address their OL problems in free agency, by trade or by using the other 6 rounds of the draft?

                  You're so hung up on the idea that they MUST use their 1st rounder on an OL, or else... Fact of the matter is that there are other ways to fix the OL problems immediately. In fact, FA is a much quicker way to fix the OL immediately than to wait for your rookie to develop/adjust. Jerry has shown the willingness to go the FA route many times and it has worked for us in the past.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Morton View Post
                    At what point are you guaranteed to get a quality RT in free agency or trade?

                    And, in addition, I thought that the Cowboys had one of the best defensive units in the game. Didn't they finish in the top 10 last year? Why devote more resources to that side of the ball if they have so many holes elsewhere?
                    There is NEVER a guarantee. Are you suggesting that the draft is full of guarantees???

                    ...and you couldn't be more wrong about the Cowboys defense. Quoting last year's stats is a complete mistake. I'm starting to see a disturbing trend with your logic analysis. Pro Bowls and last year's stats should not be the basis for identifying future draft needs/strengths.

                    Comment


                    • I don't even know why I'm spending so much time, I've never had an intelligent conversation with him anywhere else on the forum before anyway.





                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                      Comment


                      • Well, for your sake I hope Jerry Jones nails this draft, because, otherwise, I think the Cowboys are going to have to get used to being in the basement of the NFC East for another long stretch of time.

                        Comment


                        • As impressive as Cam Newton was against LSU, Fairley seemed completely dominant. He's been pretty unstoppable most of this year, and would be a great addition to the D line.

                          I do agree that reaching for an O-Lineman is not the right move if we pick really high, but I don't want Jerrah to get cute and ignore need. We absolutely need corner/safety and line help in this draft (doesn't have to be round 1) regardless of what we do in free agency (if only for depth).

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morton View Post
                            Well, for your sake I hope Jerry Jones nails this draft, because, otherwise, I think the Cowboys are going to have to get used to being in the basement of the NFC East for another long stretch of time.
                            Judging by your rep, I'm pretty sure we'll win the next 10 superbowls if thats your predictiion. :P

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                              Judging by your rep, I'm pretty sure we'll win the next 10 superbowls if thats your predictiion. :P
                              Just because Haters hate me on this forum, or I may come across as too blunt at times, doesn't mean what I say isn't true about Jerry and the Cowboys.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morton View Post
                                Well, for your sake I hope Jerry Jones nails this draft, because, otherwise, I think the Cowboys are going to have to get used to being in the basement of the NFC East for another long stretch of time.
                                Riiiiiiiightt... because we won 2 out of the last 3 division titles.... *rollseyes*
                                Cowboys Mock:
                                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information