Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is all by design and philosophy. Jerry has the philosophy that when faced with an OL problem that FA/trade is his immediate answer. The draft is just for developing long term projects. Needless to say our draft success has been very hit or miss...or hit and mostly miss.
    That's b/c they trust veterans more than rookies, maybe Parcells had more influence over Jerry's thinking than anyone knew. There's no substitute for NFL experience & the era of FA emphasizes that. Still there are limits in the cap, I think they overpaid for Leonard Davis & his outrageous salary demands, now no way he's earning it. Colombo & Kosier came somewhat cheaper & if memory serves got raises with new contracts that were earned on a performance basis.

Speaking of available veterans, Dallas is 3rd on the waiver list after Buffalo & Carolina to sign Randy Moss. Useless as a square wheel, yes, but Jerry gets that glimmer in his eye when there's talk of Moss. Had Roy Williams underwhelmed as we all thought he would, then there would be a great effort made for, especially with a HC who's under serious fire like Wade is, substitute Moss for Williams as a good fit. Let's keep the receivers intact & let Moss go back to Bellichick to renew their lovefest.

The disfunctional insanity & drama yesterday at Minnesota made imploded teams like Dallas look like pillars of stability by comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post

Because they have a track record of completely utterly failing to develop late-round offensive linemen? How the hell can you rely on a 2nd round rookie to play at a high level, especially if you have a bad track record with offensive lineman draft picks in the past decade?
      I'm not arguing that Dallas has been great, but I think utter failure is a bit strong.

As D said, Geroude has been a pretty good pick. Let's not forget about Free. They did great in picking up Columbo. Kosier has been a solid FA signing.

They have had plenty of misses like Rogers, Petterman & Brewster, but so does everyone. Last year I posted some info on draft busts of our NFC east bunk mates and our record on drafts is not any better or any worse. Reece is highly thought of as a GM, but if you go back through some of his picks, he's had some duds too.

I agree that our OL is in a tough place, but to say 'utter failure' is too strong.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Morton is a idiot...but I'll play.

You're also not taking into consideration that there's other teams drafting with the same needs as the 'Boys. I can specifically remember targeting Max Unger and Pouncey...both were grabbed right before the Boys had a chance to make a move.

Things happen on draft day, so the board is the board. It's not as if Dallas has ignored the O-Line(although it may seem like that). It just seems it's easier for Jerry to throw money at FA's then it is to draft a starter.

Comment

• Let's get into coaches for next season.

After reading the DMN article today, my list goes as follows:

1. Jim Harbough.
          2. Bill Cowher.
          3. John Gruden.

I want one of those 3.

Comment

• Fisher!!!!!

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Dude, Harbaugh is a G. He will take Romo to the next level.

Comment

• I like Harbaugh, but the lack of NFL HC experience concerns me.

Comment

• I wouldn't want a college head coach at all. Just looking at how both Saban and Spurrier just bailed when things got hard makes me sour on college coaches. The college game isn't as harsh as the NFL. It has more security because you can set your schedule and recruit players that you want instead of waiting and hoping that they will fall to you in the draft. It's just too easy to go back to college when there are too many colleges with deep pockets willing to throw a ton of money at you to come coach for them.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• D, who is that on your avatar?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                      Dude, Harbaugh is a G. He will take Romo to the next level.
                      I completely agree....I also think it's the least likely candidate out of EVERYONE named.

Rob Ryan
                      Leslie Fraiser

Here's a kicker....

Perry Fewell

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                        D, who is that on your avatar?
                        His GF, shhhh Don't tell his wife!:shock:

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Dude I don't want some scrub coordinator.

We need a name head coach with a ring, or Harbaugh.

The players will respect him, he was a player of the year and pro-bowler in the NFL, and his brother is having great success.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                            I wouldn't want a college head coach at all. Just looking at how both Saban and Spurrier just bailed when things got hard makes me sour on college coaches. The college game isn't as harsh as the NFL. It has more security because you can set your schedule and recruit players that you want instead of waiting and hoping that they will fall to you in the draft. It's just too easy to go back to college when there are too many colleges with deep pockets willing to throw a ton of money at you to come coach for them.
                            No cupcake weekends in the NFL either

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                              D, who is that on your avatar?
                              My wife . Is that weird?

Comment

• More on Randy Moss, from Todd Archer:

A few weeks ago Jerry Jones somewhat jokingly apologized to Randy Moss for not selecting the wide receiver in the first round of the 1998 draft.

Maybe he will have to apologize to him again for not claiming him on waivers.

Minnesota is expected to waive Moss today, although it seems Brad Childress' announcement Monday came as a surprise to the Vikings' front office, making him available to every team in the league, but on his radio show on The Fan Tuesday morning, Jones said the club would pass.

Based on their 1-6 record, the Cowboys are third in the claiming process behind Buffalo and Carolina.

Whew.

Claiming Moss would have made sense if he played on the offensive line or safety, but the Cowboys do not need more wide receivers. They're fine with Miles Austin, Roy Williams and Dez Bryant. If any team claims Moss, they are on the hook for the final nine weeks of his salary. If not, then Minnesota has to pay him the remainder of the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information