This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    Top 5? Have you seen this team? We're competing for #1 overall.

Look at the schedule. You guys are gonna poop on us, eagles twice, Indy, Saints, that 12 losses automatically.
    Eagles will find a way to **** things up at least once.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      This team obviously quit. At this point, the Cowboys are on pace for 4 wins max.

Mike Jenkins is having a horrid season. Absolutely terrible. And he's a quitter, that's not something you want to see out of what should be a star player on your team.
      Where is the leader who will rip him a new one? Do the cowboys even have a vocal leader?

Comment

• Ratliff was like crying lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
          Where is the leader who will rip him a new one? Do the cowboys even have a vocal leader?
          I think Romo is a leader, but he's on offense and he can't lead when he's hurt.

I think Witten is a leader. They have no leaders on defense, minus Brooking, who is too old and unproductive to be a real leader out there.

Ware is like Tuck, too soft spoken to be a true leader.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Surprised? Really? Who would you expect to say something?

We have no Ray Lewis on this roster. I'm not talking skill-wise. I'm talking leadership wise. The leadership on this team sucks and it's not just on the coaches to carry the load of the entire leadership of the team.
            How about Ware? He looked to be smiling after the game if I am not mistaken. Smiling? You guys lost big, and the dude is smiling?! Someone yell! Someone show some anger. Ware, Ratliff, James, Newman, pick a player with talent.. It's like your team took the demeanor of Tubby.

When we won the superbowl we had vocal leaders like Sam madison, RW, Strahan, Droughns, AP and so on. Now we have Tuck who has taken that. All year long we heard in our media. Where are our leaders? Pierce retired, so who steps up? We been hearing that stupid thing in the beggining of the year. Maybe that's what you guys should be hoping to find.

If not, sign a player in the offseason who can bring veteran leadership.

Comment

Ratliff was like crying lol.
              I respected that. You know he's one of the few who didn't quit.

Comment

• Newman is somewhat of a leader. Playing through his injury, he tried calling out the team earlier in the year for their poor efforts in practice, so he's one of the guys who tried, but it didn't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I think Romo is a leader, but he's on offense and he can't lead when he's hurt.

I think Witten is a leader. They have no leaders on defense, minus Brooking, who is too old and unproductive to be a real leader out there.

Ware is like Tuck, too soft spoken to be a true leader.
                  Witten a leader? I can't picture that. When I met him, he was the quietest soft spoken guy ever. Cool, really cool guy, but just quiet. I can't picture him ripping anyone.

You don't have to be productive to be a leader. Droughns was a leader from what I remember, and he was just a special teams guy. You have to have some sort of leader.

And I point to the Giants-Dallas game couple weeks ago. We were down 20-7, and our sideline was amped up, and motivating each other. Once we came back, the Dallas bench was quiet, staring at the sky. I didn't see one player trying to motivate or encourage his teammates. I do remember O'hara pumping guys up to fight and claw back.

I just don't see that with the cowboys.

Comment

• Brandon Jackson who runs like a 4.8 lol turned the corner on Newman.

Peterson is a need. Our secondary is just getting torched. If our philosophy is still just play man and get our asses whooped next year, might as well add Peterson. Or prince.

The defense is awful.

Hey BBD, your big on defense, and me and D-Unit are having an argument on how our scheme is just a vanilla joke now.

Can you settle this?

Comment

• But I think step # 1 is hiring a real GM, and having Jones step down.

Comment

Witten a leader? I can't picture that. When I met him, he was the quietest soft spoken guy ever. Cool, really cool guy, but just quiet. I can't picture him ripping anyone.

You don't have to be productive to be a leader. Droughns was a leader from what I remember, and he was just a special teams guy. You have to have some sort of leader.

And I point to the Giants-Dallas game couple weeks ago. We were down 20-7, and our sideline was amped up, and motivating each other. Once we came back, the Dallas bench was quiet, staring at the sky. I didn't see one player trying to motivate or encourage his teammates. I do remember O'hara pumping guys up to fight and claw back.

They were amped up because they knew they were about to win with John Kitna in the game. Don't kid yourself lol.

Comment

The Giants were no different from them last year. When you lose faith in the coach, that's it. There's no turning back.

Injuries, losing, and lost faith in the coaching staff will always do that to ya.

Just last year everyone talked about how Dallas solved their leadership issues. Brooking brought energy to the defense, Romo stepped up as a leader on offense yadadada.

At the end of the day, it's all about winning. When you're winning, you're leaders are "doing their job", when you're losing, theres a lack of leadership.

Look at the Giants early in teh year, Rolle calls out our leadership. Now we're winning and everyone is holding hands.

It's all about winning.

Comment

• Thank you BBD. I don't really beleieve in this leadership ****. If your winning its all roses. If your losing, it's not.

Comment

They were amped up because they knew they were about to win with John Kitna in the game. Don't kid yourself lol.
                              Well, I am sure that played a factor too. But you still have to have the right frame of mind to come back. After all, your defense was supposed to be good. The point is we have leaders on offense, Chase is a capt. and leader on special teams, and the defensive leader was the biggest question mark coming into the season. Tuck has stepped up nicely.

Comment

Brandon Jackson who runs like a 4.8 lol turned the corner on Newman.

Peterson is a need. Our secondary is just getting torched. If our philosophy is still just play man and get our asses whooped next year, might as well add Peterson. Or prince.

The defense is awful.

Hey BBD, your big on defense, and me and D-Unit are having an argument on how our scheme is just a vanilla joke now.

Can you settle this?
                                Wade's scheme has always been great at generating pressure but piss poor when it comes to coverage integrity.

Recently, he's fallen in love with Ware and Spencer too much and has run some pretty basic blitz packages, and he runs a ton of man.

When you run a man based defense, your blitz packages need to be well drawn up or else you become predictable and easy to read. That's whats happened to Dallas.

And the simple issue is guys just aren't winning their 1 on 1 battles in the front 7. Quite honestly, this Dallas defense just isn't all that talented. Below average DEs, below average ILBs, terrible safeties.

The middle of the back 7 is soft and teams have exploited it. It worked last year bc your CBs played great, but with a down year by your CBs, your defense is getting exposed.

Wade's defense is an awful lot like the Jets. It relies heavily on its DBs to hold up in coverage. With the secondary playing so poorly this year, the whole scheme is falling apart at the seams.

And the front 7 isn't getting the pressure it should.

Think of your defense as more of a 46 defense than a 3-4. Just like the Jets. The Jets defense is overrated talent wise too. They have great ILBs and great CBs, but that's it. If the Jets DBs were to have a bad season, their defense would look like trash too.

That's whats happening to Dallas. Your scheme relies so heavily on the CBs, and they are just not getting the job done.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information