Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good points guys. Guess I overthunk it.

    Jerry may ask to see guys play though. Like he did when he wanted to see Felix more.

    ...in other news... How pathetic is our team? They forgot to renew the DC.com domain name. LMAO.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-283761

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
      I think the team just hated to lose and it wore on them without them even knowing. I was watching the NFL network and they interviewed Cowboys players and they looked really sad AND shocked that this happened. To me, that shows they liked him, and they almost seem blindsided by the firing.

      When we fired Fasshole, everyone knew this was coming. I can remember huge "Fire Fassel!" chants erupting throughout the crowd, to the point where Wellington Mara said that the crowd had spoken, and we needed to change the product.

      I think the players just hated to lose and fell into a rut. I don't think they hated or gave up on Wade so to speak. I always said you guys needed a Tom Coughlin type coach. We had a Wade Philips coach in Fasshole, and I hated him and that style of coaching.

      I always liked the Parcells and Coughlin type of coaches. So I was glad we hired a guy like Coughlin, even though Giants fans and the media hated him.

      For HCing you don't have to be a yeller. I like the strict style but I, myself, am more analytical type of person. I would fall under the Tony Dungy style of coaching in regards to yelling and cursing and such. I think I am a good communicator and motivator, however, I would hire yellers and fiery coaches to help communicate my message to the team too. I think a good manager surrounds himself with the proper talent.

      JG needs to do that, but also, realize he is not in control of 1 side of the ball now. EVERYTHING falls under his control, including phases of the game he wouldn't have to worry about. That's the hardest thing now. Media and interviews which as a position coach or coordinator you don't have to do, now all have to get penciled in now.

      As a HC he has to focus on the big picture and not worry about micromanaging everything. Let your coaches help you, and if that means giving up playcalling to your brother then so be it.
      What about his brother? He's also an ivy-league alumn? Do you think he could be a good OC?


      In Bob We Trust

      John Madden's wedding video business

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

      Comment


      • AOA is better than ball by default of his **** sucking, so by your theory MOTH, he should be starting. :)

        Comment


        • lol. Pretty pathetic, D. Cant do anything right.

          Just to clarify my stance on things...I know some guys are jumping on the Garrett train a bit now. But a key reason why I'm not really in his corner, is because I dont think he even deserves this opportunity. Garrett's a good guy, an intelligent guy...but he's been handed a helluva lot. Garrett has been a huge part of the problem...and the last few years, a larger problem than Wade, who was coaching an elite defensive unit. It just doesnt seem right.

          Also, the fact that Wade is the only fall guy right now. It really sucks to see that. Sure, you dont want to blow up your staff completely...but Wade was the only one sent walking. Doesnt resonate with me too well.

          This is how the league tends to work, however. But yeah. I dont expect any real changes in the next 8 weeks.

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Modano View Post
            What about his brother? He's also an ivy-league alumn? Do you think he could be a good OC?
            I think John would be a great coach. I actually coached with him at the event. He is a very good coach, understands the Xs and Os, and motivates people very well. I liked him, and thought he was a cool guy. Even the next day when I went over their house, he was nice to me when he saw me talking to his brother, Judd.

            I think he can be a good OC from what I have seen. But I haven't been around him long enough to actually see him on a regular basis. He did create a lot of plays and the coaches had to learn it in an hour, which was like a crash course job.

            Comment


            • I love John Garrett, myself. haha.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                lol. Pretty pathetic, D. Cant do anything right.

                Just to clarify my stance on things...I know some guys are jumping on the Garrett train a bit now. But a key reason why I'm not really in his corner, is because I dont think he even deserves this opportunity. Garrett's a good guy, an intelligent guy...but he's been handed a helluva lot. Garrett has been a huge part of the problem...and the last few years, a larger problem than Wade, who was coaching an elite defensive unit. It just doesnt seem right.

                Also, the fact that Wade is the only fall guy right now. It really sucks to see that. Sure, you dont want to blow up your staff completely...but Wade was the only one sent walking. Doesnt resonate with me too well.

                This is how the league tends to work, however. But yeah. I dont expect any real changes in the next 8 weeks.

                That's a fair opinion. But that's on par with the coaching industry and public/private sector. In the business world, who you know goes a long way, and it especially is true in the coaching industry.

                It helps that ALL 3 sons and the old man worked for the Cowboys. It helps that the connections the old man has fostered in the NFL can now help his sons in the industry.

                As fans, we tend to see things as black or white, but just like in real life, there is lots of grey too. Something as simple as being tight with the owner goes a long way.

                However, now it's up to him to show how good he is so he can earn a longer contract. If not, the whole staff gets cleared..

                Comment


                • THat's a boss:

                  http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...BFFC58B0974181

                  Comment


                  • Dallas Cowboys Conference Call Transcripts
                    http://www.giants.com/news/headlines...story_id=44545

                    Comment


                    • I've seen this idea thrown around a little bit and I mentioned it a few weeks back just to bring up some discussion, but if we wind up with the #1 pick in April I think we have to give a hard look at Andrew Luck. I love the kid and if he is the second coming of Troy Aikman and we pass on him we will be kicking ourselves for years.

                      The biggest problem with this team is attitude and a false sense of entitlement. When I look at Tony Romo I see both of those characteristics. When you watch guys like Drew Brees and Peyton Manning on the sideline, they seem like they are always preparing mentally for the next series (working on adjustments, taking advantage of defensive looks, studying/reviewing the playbook) while Tony seems like he sits on the bench by himself buying time until he has to go out there next.

                      I know I might be stepping on some toes in here, but Tony is apart of that loser mentality that we have developed here. He's 31 next season and has 1 playoff win to his credential (which was against an Eagles team that stumbled into the postseason). Romo comes off as a guy who thinks he's figured it out, when he really hasn't done anything in this league. I've been hesitant when discussing Romo with other teams fans because I never thought that he was a big game QB. With all the talent Jerry put around him he couldn't do more than 1 playoff win?

                      What I'm getting to is this, We realistically only have 3-4 more years with Romo playing at a high level, maybe less. The culture of this team needs a drastic makeover, we are on the verge of an offseason where there will be many new faces coming onto the team and lots of old ones leaving. We have some guys like RW, MB3, Spencer, Spears, Bennett, Newman that still have some trade value we could get some decent picks for them. Luck could be the first piece to our rebuilding mode and despite what people want to think we are in rebuilding mode right now. Luck is the right move for this franchise.
                      Cowboys Mock:
                      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                      Comment


                      • Romo usually does have meetings with offensive players though. I always see him and the receivers going over things with the offensive coordinator once a series is over. The thing is that the offensive players aren't going to have a meeting the entire time the defense is on the field. A lot of QBs sit there drinking Gatorade. In fact, I see both Manning and Brees do that all the time, and the same thing with Brady. Romo is no different from those guys in regards to how he moves about the sideline. The media may show different perceptions of them, but they all look the same to me.

                        Plus, you also have to look at how good Romo is when it comes to giving his team a chance to win. When the Cowboys were 1-4 with him there was no time that you can say that he never kept them in the game. Every time his team needs a chance he's busting his ass to make plays happen. Of all the players mentally checking out, I've yet to see him really do that. Luck may be a great talent, but Romo is already the playmaker you need. The game is never over with him because he consistently puts you in position to win if his defense comes through.

                        The defense is what needs to be addressed more, so I'd pass on Luck to get a stud like Peterson or Amukamara. Peterson is a "once in a lifetime" player too, and usually players getting that label on defense pull through at higher rates than QBs. How many times have we heard that some quaterback in the upcoming draft is the best prospect since [insert elite QB]? Couch, Carr, Palmer, Eli, Smith, etc. were all supposed to be one of a kind guys in the same way Luck is touted as now. The last time a safety got as much love as Peterson it was Sean Taylor.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

                        Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                        Comment


                        • Id be so ******* pissed if we went QB. In no way does it improve the team in a way Peterson or Amukamara, etc can.

                          Comment


                          • When we lose by 40 I wonder if the media is gonna kill Garrett..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                              I've seen this idea thrown around a little bit and I mentioned it a few weeks back just to bring up some discussion, but if we wind up with the #1 pick in April I think we have to give a hard look at Andrew Luck. I love the kid and if he is the second coming of Troy Aikman and we pass on him we will be kicking ourselves for years.

                              The biggest problem with this team is attitude and a false sense of entitlement. When I look at Tony Romo I see both of those characteristics. When you watch guys like Drew Brees and Peyton Manning on the sideline, they seem like they are always preparing mentally for the next series (working on adjustments, taking advantage of defensive looks, studying/reviewing the playbook) while Tony seems like he sits on the bench by himself buying time until he has to go out there next.

                              I know I might be stepping on some toes in here, but Tony is apart of that loser mentality that we have developed here. He's 31 next season and has 1 playoff win to his credential (which was against an Eagles team that stumbled into the postseason). Romo comes off as a guy who thinks he's figured it out, when he really hasn't done anything in this league. I've been hesitant when discussing Romo with other teams fans because I never thought that he was a big game QB. With all the talent Jerry put around him he couldn't do more than 1 playoff win?

                              What I'm getting to is this, We realistically only have 3-4 more years with Romo playing at a high level, maybe less. The culture of this team needs a drastic makeover, we are on the verge of an offseason where there will be many new faces coming onto the team and lots of old ones leaving. We have some guys like RW, MB3, Spencer, Spears, Bennett, Newman that still have some trade value we could get some decent picks for them. Luck could be the first piece to our rebuilding mode and despite what people want to think we are in rebuilding mode right now. Luck is the right move for this franchise.
                              I think you like the thought of a new QB. Have you really had your own chance to evaluate Luck?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                                Romo usually does have meetings with offensive players though. I always see him and the receivers going over things with the offensive coordinator once a series is over. The thing is that the offensive players aren't going to have a meeting the entire time the defense is on the field. A lot of QBs sit there drinking Gatorade. In fact, I see both Manning and Brees do that all the time, and the same thing with Brady. Romo is no different from those guys in regards to how he moves about the sideline. The media may show different perceptions of them, but they all look the same to me.

                                Plus, you also have to look at how good Romo is when it comes to giving his team a chance to win. When the Cowboys were 1-4 with him there was no time that you can say that he never kept them in the game. Every time his team needs a chance he's busting his ass to make plays happen. Of all the players mentally checking out, I've yet to see him really do that. Luck may be a great talent, but Romo is already the playmaker you need. The game is never over with him because he consistently puts you in position to win if his defense comes through.

                                The defense is what needs to be addressed more, so I'd pass on Luck to get a stud like Peterson or Amukamara. Peterson is a "once in a lifetime" player too, and usually players getting that label on defense pull through at higher rates than QBs. How many times have we heard that some quaterback in the upcoming draft is the best prospect since [insert elite QB]? Couch, Carr, Palmer, Eli, Smith, etc. were all supposed to be one of a kind guys in the same way Luck is touted as now. The last time a safety got as much love as Peterson it was Sean Taylor.
                                I'm not talking about drinking gatorade sitting down, I'm talking about pouting...



                                I have never seen Brees or Brady or either Mannings do this.... hell I don't know what other QBs do this on the sidelines. Tony does it a lot, and it just adds to the soap opera we have here in Dallas. IDK maybe i'm totally wrong on this and I hope I am because I know Jerry loves Romo and would never get rid of him but geez his body language just seems so much different than the other 'top QBs' in the league.

                                And I don't know if I would agree that Tony is the playmaker we neeed, I mean the guy has had some pretty damn good talent around him and he only won 1 playoff game. That's not what we need, my goal, as is the rest of our fanbase, is a Super Bowl.
                                Last edited by TheFinisher; 11-11-2010, 07:02 AM.
                                Cowboys Mock:
                                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information