This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
    Id be so ******* pissed if we went QB. In no way does it improve the team in a way Peterson or Amukamara, etc can.
    It sends a message throughout the organization that we are committed to winning and will make whatever moves necessary to get there. No more free passes for any player. I think that is exactly what the young players on this team need to understand. Tony is an easy guy to root for, but he comes off with this false sense of entitlement that has spread around our locker room resulting in this disastrous season. When you have a deep seeded problem like that you need to make strong moves like this to let players know we will not accept this type of attitude and we want winners.
    Cowboys Mock:
    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I think you like the thought of a new QB. Have you really had your own chance to evaluate Luck?
      The only game where I felt I really evaluated him was the Arizona game. I wasn't sure about all the hype surrounding him before that, I watched way more Stanford games last year than this year (Gerhart makes me smile), but I was sold after that.

I could be totally wrong a Tony, he could be a great leader inside the locker room and I could just be spewing nonsense right now, but like I've said before I see the culture of this team and then I see Tony Romo and his bodylanguage/post game conferences/failure to play big in big games, and they seem eerily similar to each other.
      Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
        I'm not talking about drinking gatorade sitting down, I'm talking about pouting...

I have never seen Brees or Brady or either Mannings do this.... hell I don't know what other QBs do this on the sidelines. Tony does it a lot, and it just adds to the soap opera we have here in Dallas. IDK maybe i'm totally wrong on this and I hope I am because I know Jerry loves Romo and would never get rid of him but geez his body language just seems so much different than the other 'top QBs' in the league.

And I don't know if I would agree that Tony is the playmaker we neeed, I mean the guy has had some pretty damn good talent around him and he only won 1 playoff game. That's not what we need, my goal, as is the rest of our fanbase, is a Super Bowl.
        You've never seen manning be a ***** on the sideline after a loss? Dude stop talking outta your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
          You've never seen manning be a ***** on the sideline after a loss? Dude stop talking outta your ass.
          http://www.manningface.com/

Comment

• Ugh... evaluating Luck based on ONE game? That's as awful as trying to claim Romo has no heart in football and isn't mentally prepared. Oh wait.

Sheesh. I understand some people dislike Romo but cmon. How many INTs does he have? 7. How many were tipped off Witten and the WR core? 5. You have a QB with an atrocious offensive line that buys extra time with his legs and he has 2 INTs that weren't tipped balls. Yeah he's terrible. On top of that keep in mind our OC can't call running plays because 1) our oline sucks and 2) our defensive his making Gerrard look like Peyton freaking Manning.

Shipping your franchise, and multi-pro bowl winning QB, to "send a message" is ignorant and stupid. Keep in mind all Romo has done for the franchise which at times has included carrying the team on his back. Football is the ultimate TEAM game so pointing at his playoffs wins is an indictment of the entire franchise and not Romo in and of itself.

Records and honors

* 2006 Pro Bowl
            * 2007 Pro Bowl
            * 2009 Pro Bowl

NFL All-Time Records
            Career

* #3 All-Time Career Passer Rating: 95.6
            * #4 All-Time Yards Per Attempt: 8.1

Dallas Cowboys team records
            Career

* Games with 300+ yards passing: 24 (previously held by Troy Aikman with 13)

Season

* Games with 300+ yards passing: 8 (2009)
            * Passing TDs: 36 (2007); previously held by Danny White with 29
            * Passing yards: 4,483 (2009); only Cowboys' quarterback to throw for more than 4,000 yards in a season (2007. 2009)
            * Completions: 347 (2009); previously held by Romo with 335

Game

* On Nov 23, 2006, Romo threw 5 TD passes in a game, a record he shares with Troy Aikman.
            I completely understand the jump ship mentality fans have. We were supposed to be great. We were overrated. VASTLY overrated. However we are not the 0-16 Detroit Lions or devoid of talent. You do not blow up a team and rip out its core to mix things up.

As far as the off season goes... adding someone like PP in the 1st along with 2 future starters on our oline will go a long way towards having a competitive team.
            Originally posted by D-Unit
            I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

It sends a message throughout the organization that we are committed to winning and will make whatever moves necessary to get there. No more free passes for any player. I think that is exactly what the young players on this team need to understand. Tony is an easy guy to root for, but he comes off with this false sense of entitlement that has spread around our locker room resulting in this disastrous season. When you have a deep seeded problem like that you need to make strong moves like this to let players know we will not accept this type of attitude and we want winners.
              No it doesn't. Tony is not a cancer to this team. Nor is he a liability. Where were your thoughts on him last year? Non-existent. That's where.

It would only send a message that this team is not interested in winning now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                HAHA, alot of head hanging there!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• I just think it's clear that the OL needs a massive fix before we can blame any QB back there... including Kitna.

Comment

No it doesn't. Tony is not a cancer to this team. Nor is he a liability. Where were your thoughts on him last year? Non-existent. That's where.

It would only send a message that this team is not interested in winning now.
                    D it just comes down to if you think Romo can win us a championship. There has been a lot of disappointing finishes the last few years with Tony at the helm. The talent was there, the O-Line wasn't always this bad. There were no excuses. What makes you think that now, with many of our former pro-bowlers appearing over the hump, that he can do more with less. Because that's what its going to take from him.
                    Cowboys Mock:

Comment

I just think it's clear that the OL needs a massive fix before we can blame any QB back there... including Kitna.
                      I can agree with that, our OLine needs a massive overhaul.
                      Cowboys Mock:

Comment

D it just comes down to if you think Romo can win us a championship. There has been a lot of disappointing finishes the last few years with Tony at the helm. The talent was there, the O-Line wasn't always this bad. There were no excuses. What makes you think that now, with many of our former pro-bowlers appearing over the hump, that he can do more with less. Because that's what its going to take from him.
                        I'm far from a Romo apologist. He WAS loose with the football and he did have growing pains. But no matter which year you want to point with the team has always been plagued with the penalty bug along with the dropsies from his receiving core. Placing the blame on ONE guy in a team game makes no sense.

You've seen the fall off from going from an elite pro bowl QB to a seasoned over the hill veteran. Imagine tossing a rookie into that fire. You want to kick one of our only 'sure thing' assets to the curb for a chance at a lottery ticket? The return for Romo is not going to be commiserate for what you are losing. Unless the goal is to tank for a few years.
                        Originally posted by D-Unit
                        I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

Actually, the OL has been bad for a while now. It was bad when we lost to the Giants in the playoffs and it was never fixed. We just overrated them. Without Romo, we wouldn't have gotten to where we did. I fully believe that.

We also have been dealing with inconsistent OC issues.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
                            I'm far from a Romo apologist. He WAS loose with the football and he did have growing pains. But no matter which year you want to point with the team has always been plagued with the penalty bug along with the dropsies from his receiving core. Placing the blame on ONE guy in a team game makes no sense.

You've seen the fall off from going from an elite pro bowl QB to a seasoned over the hill veteran. Imagine tossing a rookie into that fire. You want to kick one of our only 'sure thing' assets to the curb for a chance at a lottery ticket? The return for Romo is not going to be commiserate for what you are losing. Unless the goal is to tank for a few years.
                            I would dread throwing a rookie QB behind that line and with that defense. It'd be a recipe for disaster. He wouldn't have the success of a Big Ben or even a Mark Sanchez.

Comment

I just think it's clear that the OL needs a massive fix before we can blame any QB back there... including Kitna.
                              The O-line ruins any potential offensive momentum the team can get. If they suck you can't run or pass because they're getting pushed back into the running backs or quaterback's face. In terms of offense O-line, like you said, needs to be the biggest priority. There's talent everywhere but there.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Roy looks like a serial killer here. lol I would make this my new av if I wasn't repping the almighty barrel roll.

"If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information