This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
    Thule, I will say the following to placate you and the other 'don't worry be happy guyz'

Keep TO and the RB mess. Keep Roy and Watkins and only one slow ILB but I beg .....

Get us two quality athletic, powerful guards, get us a real NT to push the pocket and rotate with Fergie, get Carpenter at ILB and get us a real WOLB so we can move Ware to SOLB where he belongs.

Screw the cap hit. Already did it for a kicker.
    Are we 3-12 or something? Did I miss the part where we made the playoffs with TONS of youth on our defense? Drastic moves like you're calling for aren't necessary when we're building from within.

I don't know if we're overachieving, but next year looks really good, especially if Carpenter can master the system and Watkins or another safety can step up.

Comment

• Paul, I really only have three comments for you;

1. The Shaun Rogers for Burnett and Williams proposal is a good one that fits both teams all around. Money and team needs.

2. Your constant argument that Bradie and Roy can't be changed because they are the 'heart' of the D is lacking any XOXO insight. It is repition of what you are fed by the media.

3 This team has a speed deficit no matter how you slice it and a lack of playermakers in the front seven -- you can not achieve BP's desire for a dominant D without speedy playmakers.

As I said last in the NFL is plays behind the Line of Scrimage.

Facts are facts. If you accept them maybe it becomes easier to fix them.

I may not be a great XOXO guy but you don't get to where I am without keen powers of observation and the ballz to fix them.

Good luck kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble
        Originally posted by cowboysforever
        Thule, I will say the following to placate you and the other 'don't worry be happy guyz'

Keep TO and the RB mess. Keep Roy and Watkins and only one slow ILB but I beg .....

Get us two quality athletic, powerful guards, get us a real NT to push the pocket and rotate with Fergie, get Carpenter at ILB and get us a real WOLB so we can move Ware to SOLB where he belongs.

Screw the cap hit. Already did it for a kicker.
        Are we 3-12 or something? Did I miss the part where we made the playoffs with TONS of youth on our defense? Drastic moves like you're calling for aren't necessary when we're building from within.

I don't know if we're overachieving, but next year looks really good, especially if Carpenter can master the system and Watkins or another safety can step up.
        Well Watkins and Carpenter help the speed thing.

Whether or not that is enough is open to debate.

If so however, Bradie or Roy needs to go, lose weight or something.

Tired of RB and TE turn into Pro Bowl pass catchers with these two laboring to get to the ball.

Comment

• Does anybody agree with me that we shouldn't sit any starters against Detroit? I think momentum is more important here than getting rest for the playoffs.

Comment

• Cowboysforever, youre really turning the cowboys team discussion into crap right now. You make some valid points, but then you also say some things that makes me question how much you really know about the game. Don't jump to conclusions so quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              Cowboysforever, youre really turning the cowboys team discussion into crap right now. You make some valid points, but then you also say some things that makes me question how much you really know about the game. Don't jump to conclusions so quickly.
              Big blue, I make my money coming to conclusions quickly and acting on them. If that is awful, I dunno what to say.

Comment

• You people crack me the hell up.

This team is one and done in the playoffs. The worst thing that could happen to this team is that Parcells stays one more year. Yeah thats right you heard me...Parcells needs to go! He is ovverrated as I have said many times on this board. This team has NO DIRECTION, hell our defense could not stop the Oakland Raiders offense on our BEST DAY.

Let me ask you what has Parcells done for this team? What? He has done NOTHING since Gailey and Campo...nothing! Oh and lets talk about that wonderful Bobby Caprenter pick at 17, oh wow...what a pick! Its time real fans on this board stop making excuses and start getting mad about things. I am so glad that the local media here is Dallas is hammering Parcells and his ability to coach and draft! Maybe thats the only way to put the pressure on this jerk off owner to make some real changes.

Face it, all Parcells has done is take a 5-10 team and turn them into a 9-7 piece of garbage. Thats it!!! It has taken us 4 years to get this good.....JC look what Jimmy did in the same amount of time with a worse team! Yeah yeah...I know free agency etc...but you had to be better back then to win it all. So that takes care of that point. This team needs a young coach with FIRE...a young staff and a new direction.

Parcells OVERRATED....PERIOD! He won one superbowl way back when against a tiny defense in Denver. Other than that he should not have even beat the Bills. Norwood won that game for him...So what has he done since 86? You tell me!

Comment

• Thule, he may not test well in space, he may be short for BP and he may only be mid 4.6 but Woodley in the late 1 maybe a great pick.

Him and Canty of the weak side with Ware and Spears on the strong side would be nice.

Woodley is a strong cat and is playing in a conference with 3 legit round 1 tackles. He makes plays behind the LOS and can rush the passer.

If this happens, where do you go 2nd? OL?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    Cowboysforever, youre really turning the cowboys team discussion into crap right now. You make some valid points, but then you also say some things that makes me question how much you really know about the game. Don't jump to conclusions so quickly.
                    Big blue, I make my money coming to conclusions quickly and acting on them. If that is awful, I dunno what to say.
                    But some of your conclusions are off base. The LB core is fine. ILBs aren't supposed to be pass rushers in this scheme, theyre supposed to be run stuffers with decent coverage, and Dallas has that.

The 3 downlinemen are the problem. They got pushed around last night. They provide no push in the pass rush. Ware to a degree is at fault too, his pass rush has been mediocre. Its not about just sacks, Ware isnt even getting hurries right now. Outside of that one good play, he was invisible out there as a pass rusher.

The problems with the defense are simple. The 3 downlinemen, and the pass rush. Thats ultimately it. I think Parcells is running his defense too vanilla as well, but he also always 2 gaps his DE's so the LBs can get a better rush off the edge, something that the LBs are not taking advantage of.

Roy is a liability in coverage, that is well known. But a lack of FS is hurting his play as well. I personally don't like Roy that much, I think he's overrated, but he can still work in this scheme with the addition of a FS, or if Watkins develops.

This game however, was not about Roy. It wasn't about Watkins either. It was about Dallas's defense, and offensive line getting dominated in the trenches. Dallas isn't particularly dominant in the trenches, and Philly is very strong in the trenches. Put the 2 together, and this is what happens.

I was not fond of the playcalling either. But at the same time, the oline provided no holes for the run game, plus Philly was putting up points, so you had to throw more.

Defensive playcalling was pretty vanilla too. But once again, everytime you guys blitzed, it still didn't get there. Its once again, because the 3 downlinemen are not doing their job occupying blockers.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      Defensive playcalling was pretty vanilla too. But once again, everytime you guys blitzed, it still didn't get there. Its once again, because the 3 downlinemen are not doing their job occupying blockers.
                      Thats Parcells for ya vanilla....four years to do what? Nothing.....sooner we get rid of this overrated lard ass from Yankee land the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylor03
                        You people crack me the hell up.

This team is one and done in the playoffs. The worst thing that could happen to this team is that Parcells stays one more year. Yeah thats right you heard me...Parcells needs to go! He is ovverrated as I have said many times on this board. This team has NO DIRECTION, hell our defense could not stop the Oakland Raiders offense on our BEST DAY.

Let me ask you what has Parcells done for this team? What? He has done NOTHING since Gailey and Campo...nothing! Oh and lets talk about that wonderful Bobby Caprenter pick at 17, oh wow...what a pick! Its time real fans on this board stop making excuses and start getting mad about things. I am so glad that the local media here is Dallas is hammering Parcells and his ability to coach and draft! Maybe thats the only way to put the pressure on this jerk off owner to make some real changes.

Face it, all Parcells has done is take a 5-10 team and turn them into a 9-7 piece of garbage. Thats it!!! It has taken us 4 years to get this good.....JC look what Jimmy did in the same amount of time with a worse team! Yeah yeah...I know free agency etc...but you had to be better back then to win it all. So that takes care of that point. This team needs a young coach with FIRE...a young staff and a new direction.

Parcells OVERRATED....PERIOD! He won one superbowl way back when against a tiny defense in Denver. Other than that he should not have even beat the Bills. Norwood won that game for him...So what has he done since 86? You tell me!
                        I love BP and want him back but facts are facts -- the drafts of this team since Jimmy Johnson left have been atrocius. Among the worst in the NFL.

Botox Jones needs to take some responsibility for it. Him and his son are playing way over their heads.

I can not name a pick outside round 1 that is a top-end pro bowl talent since Larry Allen in 1994,

Comment

• I sound pissed because I am...and I care about this team. In fact it my passion. But we have waited 4 years now....4. And its time to put up or shut up. This team WAS in the best position it had been in for years and look at what it has done. Its time to get this ting headed in a new direction. We need a new coach, coaching staff...and by all accounts a new scouting department. Carpenter witht eh 17th pick was an abolute joke. If anything this team should have just traded out of the round. I would rather see this team crash and burn at 2-14 then go 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 every damn year. At least when you are on the bottom there is only one way to go and that is up.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylor03
                            I sound pissed because I am...and I care about this team. In fact it my passion. But we have waited 4 years now....4. And its time to put up or shut up. This team WAS in the best position it had been in for years and look at what it has done. Its time to get this ting headed in a new direction. We need a new coach, coaching staff...and by all accounts a new scouting department. Carpenter witht eh 17th pick was an abolute joke. If anything this team should have just traded out of the round. I would rather see this team crash and burn at 2-14 then go 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 every damn year. At least when you are on the bottom there is only one way to go and that is up.
                            But lendale white would have been sweet at #18, yeah TexicoFromMexico?

You can't say that a guy is not worth his pick in his first year!! It's a dumb thing. Let's see how Carpenter develope, how many lbs did nothing in their first one or two years? Porter, Bulluck, Vrabel are just a couple of names.

And wow.. He have invested high draft picks and money in the d-line and the lb core and we are giving up on them? Spears, Canty, Hatcher, Ratliff... give them 3 years..

And we drafted an OLB in the first round last year and we are talking about drafting another? Give Carpenter some time!
                            I hate when people jump to conclusion after a bad loss..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Carpenter was a reach at 17 but he was not getting past the Pats or Carolina.

Problem is BP wanted a LB so bad they reached. Too boot, they made the classic BP draft mistake of going for a BP guy -- slow, white and marginally bright.

At that pick Lawson for WOLB and Ware to SOLB would have solved more but Lawson was not a BP guy in spite of his superior athletics and superior frame. Bobby came from a great family don't ya know!!!!

And this is why BP is not a good talent guy but a great development guy.

Comment

• Fasano also was a classic BP reach in the draft. Slower, white but a great guy.

This draft was loaded at TE and they could have taken a superior athlete but alas Fasano was from a great family don't ya know!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information