This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
    Not sure whether to agree or disagree with this but I would have to say the ACC seems to produce a lot more consistent NFL players than the SEC.
    I did a study before. I wonder if I can find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I did a study before. I wonder if I can find it.
      I remember you posting something about it a while back, I was pretty sure ACC was the tops with SEC or Big Ten 2nd.

I think it was basically the AQS conferences that were top 5 but ya.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
        I remember you posting something about it a while back, I was pretty sure ACC was the tops with SEC or Big Ten 2nd.

I think it was basically the AQS conferences that were top 5 but ya.
        Here it is... this is as of last year's rosters though...

1. SEC - 235 players in the NFL
        2. ACC - 225 players in the NFL
        3. BIG TEN - 201 players in the NFL

Last edited by thule; 11-22-2010, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• I haven't had a chance to post much all day as I've enjoyed the games from the bars and friends houses, but just wanted to say that McCann has really been key to this team.

Kudos to him for finding a way to do things our starters and highest paid players on defense couldn't do. Force turnovers, big plays, score momentum changing TD's, that's very valuable and something we have lacked for awhile.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• McCann's attitude is what I like about him. It reminds me of Miles Austin a bit. He really goes to make plays because he knows what it's like to fight for your job. I ALWAYS can appreciate a guy like that. This team needs hunger like that.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• So... 9-7 will get us into the playoffs? :P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• what is Marian Barber's future looking like with Dallas?

My girlfriends bday is coming up and she loves Barber, and i was thinking about getting her a jersey... but i didnt wanna get her a barber jersey if he wasnt in the future for Dallas

Comment

• Did anyone watch McCann's interview after the game? The dude isn't some dumb football player. The way he explained what was going through his head and the situation was amazing. He sounded like Peyton Manning. The kid is a keeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                    what is Marian Barber's future looking like with Dallas?

My girlfriends bday is coming up and she loves Barber, and i was thinking about getting her a jersey... but i didnt wanna get her a barber jersey if he wasnt in the future for Dallas
                    Lol don't waste your money. I mean if she's a Barber fan she'd probably still appreciate it, but I'd rather go with a plaque type of thing with a pic and a small write up. With those things it can be an old team. I'd still take one of Randy Moss on the Vikes.

Either way chances of Barber coming back are probably less then 10%, it just makes no sense. So he'll probably be rocking a new jersey.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• After watching Dez's highlights so far... Terrell Thomas is Dez's ***** lol. That could help us in the future. I guarantee Thomas is hoping he never has to cover Dez again.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Here it is... this is as of last year's rosters though...

1. SEC - 235 players in the NFL
                        2. ACC - 225 players in the NFL
                        3. BIG TEN - 201 players in the NFL

Not disputing the stats just saying the size of the conference makes a diff.

Big Ten has 11 teams whereas ACC and SEC has 12

Add Nebraska to the Big Ten and see what happens ....

Notwithstanding, when I look at stud performers in the NFL -- I see nothing extraordinary about the SEC's ability to create great players.
                        Last edited by thule; 11-22-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                          So... 9-7 will get us into the playoffs? :P
                          Get to 7-7 first.

But I don't think so. Too many teams to claw over.

Comment

• Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
                            Not disputing the stats just saying the size of the conference makes a diff.

Big Ten has 11 teams whereas ACC and SEC has 12

Add Nebraska to the Big Ten and see what happens ....

Notwithstanding, when I look at stud performers in the NFL -- I see nothing extraordinary about the SEC's ability to create great players.
                            It makes a difference if you want to talk about averages in the NFL, but that's not what the conversation was... we were just talking about totals.

Besides, I don't think you judge the player by conference. I think you judge them on their own merit.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                              McCann's attitude is what I like about him. It reminds me of Miles Austin a bit. He really goes to make plays because he knows what it's like to fight for your job. I ALWAYS can appreciate a guy like that. This team needs hunger like that.
                              I agree 100%, he's rookie of the yr. as far as I'm concerned.

He was the sparkplug they needed, more than compensated for the AOA return game suckage. An UDFA from SMU right there in Dallas, who'da thunk it?

The easy p/o of the schdule is over, recess bel rings, back to school..... NOLA Saints on Thxgiving, then @ Indy who are riddled with injuries but you still have to deal with RoboQB's huge arm. And Philly twice, arrrgghh :/

Comment

• Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
                                Get to 7-7 first.

But I don't think so. Too many teams to claw over.
                                I don't think we'll go undefeated under Garrett. But well, that would be awesome!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information