This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    I'm sure even the Cowboys fans here will say Suh... Most of them anyway.
    It really depends on who your coaching staff is and what you're running. Suh is more unique because there are many great receiving prospects, but he could get put in the wrong scheme that hinders his playmaking ability. I think he'd be good in a 3-4, but not exceptional like he is now in the 4-3. Some defensive schemes put a pacifier on their D-linemen, and I'd hate to see that happen to someone as gifted as Suh. I'm glad that's not the case.

Building from scratch I'd take Suh, but Dez would be great anywhere unless you have a really ******** coach and/or QB that never throws to them. Dez also plays a position that brings a lot of notoriety too, so he could be big business for a team that needs it. Of course the Cowboys don't really need that, and the thought of Ware, Suh, Ratliff, and Spencer rushing the passer is just insane.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• D-Unit... Suh will be better than Ngata lol. What are you talking about??

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Hmm.... I probably would take Ngata too. ...but he's the extreme rare exception. ...and he wasn't in the same draft anyways. We've had 4...or is it 5 years to see Ngata play in the NFL. If you saw Dez after 4/5 years, you might not say Ngata. haha. But anyways... Suh is no Ngata. So gimme Dez over Suh.
        Your right, for all we know right now Suh could end up better. He's certainly been more dominant early in his career. I know Ngata is more like an exception but I think by all accounts Suh is the type of exception were talking about here. Even with Andre catching 115 passes and 1500 yards, or Fitz going nuts in the playoffs a few years ago, give me Ngata and the way he dominates the D-line up front.

It's not like we don't have WR's, or can't find any. I do know it's alot easier to pick up a WR from anywhere who can produce at a high level then it is to find a D lineman to dominate games.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Your right, for all we know right now Suh could end up better. He's certainly been more dominant early in his career. I know Ngata is more like an exception but I think by all accounts Suh is the type of exception were talking about here. Even with Andre catching 115 passes and 1500 yards, or Fitz going nuts in the playoffs a few years ago, give me Ngata and the way he dominates the D-line up front.

It's not like we don't have WR's, or can't find any. I do know it's alot easier to pick up a WR from anywhere who can produce at a high level then it is to find a D lineman to dominate games.
          How many Dez Bryant's are there out there??? huh huh? lol... it's fun to play devil's advocate. That's me! Screw conventional thinking! That's my motto. ;)

Comment

• Either way I think we'd be in good shoes. Dez looks like he may end up better then I even thought he would be, and faster. He's so much stronger then DB's at this stage already, he tosses guys around after the catch like he's swatting kids away. I'm just trying to temper my excitement because you just never know, Antonio Bryant looked really sexy as a rookie too.

Obviously Dez has been more impressive, but it's still something I just want to see become a sure thing because I just think the moment I do it'll be taken away. I don't think anyone here didn't see Jenkins establishing himself as one of the better CB's in football this year. I'm always interested in seeing how a young talented player, progresses, or continues to work at their craft.

Comment

• No disrespect to Antonio Bryant or Jenkins, but Antonio was a 2nd round talent and Jenkins was no Deion type prospect, although still very good. Dez just oozes dominance, and he loves football. Anything can happen, but I don't see this kid going away like some scrub. He just doesn't have losing or giving up in his DNA.

Comment

• I wasn't really referring to you because you obviously think Dez will be the best player in the NFL next season and is a lock to be a 1st ballot HOFer. But for the record Antonio Bryant WAS in fact a 1st round talent, a Bilitnekoff winner, and a great prospect himself that fell further then he should have.

It's not like Dez wasn't getting to the middle of the 20's himself in the draft, but draft position means nothing. But I do understand that Dez is a sure thing to stardom in your eyes.

Comment

• Antonio Bryant and Dez Bryant in the same sentence is laughable.

Comment

• LL, Dez makes bread and wine out of sand in my eyes. You need to understand that..

But in all seriousness, with the way the kid plays the game, I don't see how he is destined to be anything but great, for a LONG time. Now stranger things have happened and people have fallen off unexpectedly of course, but I just don't see it with Dez. The kid loves playing. That in my mind is the number one thing.

Did Antonio Bryant love football? Quincy Carter? Ricky Williams?

There is a huge difference. Dez lives for it.

Comment

I wasn't really referring to you because you obviously think Dez will be the best player in the NFL next season and is a lock to be a 1st ballot HOFer. But for the record Antonio Bryant WAS in fact a 1st round talent, a Bilitnekoff winner, and a great prospect himself that fell further then he should have.

It's not like Dez wasn't getting to the middle of the 20's himself in the draft, but draft position means nothing. But I do understand that Dez is a sure thing to stardom in your eyes.
                      Yeah, Antonio was a Pro Bowl level talent. A lot of people were raving about him too because of how natural he was at running routes. His problem was some crappy QBs early in his career and his attitude. I think that Dez is the better talent, but Antonio could have been a top 10 guy if he never pissed off Parcells. He put up 1,000 yards in Cleveland of all places, and he had a really big year in 2008 with Chris Simms throwing him the ball and without a good running game.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Antonio Bryant and Dez Bryant in the same sentence is laughable.
                        You mean the same Antonio Bryant who won the Bilitnekoff award as the nations best WR as a sophmore in College? When at the time the only other person who had done so was Randy Moss? The same guy who posted a stat line of 83/1249/7 with the crap that Tampa Bay had at QB in 2008?

You make it seem like I'm trying to say he was more talented then Dez, or that Dez will end up like him. But you guys are seriously acting like Dez is the best WR to play football in 50 years or that he was off the charts as a prospect. Which is in fact Calvin Johnson, and while his stats were going up the first 2 years of his career it's not like he's taking over the league is he?

Bryant could have been one of the best WR's in the NFL if he wanted, he was always extremely talented even at Pitt and those two were not far apart in terms of talent, or how talented they were in College.

Dez Bryant and Limas Sweed in the same sentence is laughable. I think Dez is gonna be awesome, but you guys want to place him up on this pedastal he hasn't even earned and we as Cowboy fans always tend to jump the gun on young promising players.

But hey Scandrick is gonna be a stud in this league, he'll be a shut down #2 guy, Marty B is gonna make us trade Witten in a few years, Jenkins is gonna be a top 5 CB, and Felix Jones is gonna be getting 20 carries and making the pro bowl.

Comment

You mean the same Antonio Bryant who won the Bilitnekoff award as the nations best WR as a sophmore in College? When at the time the only other person who had done so was Randy Moss? The same guy who posted a stat line of 83/1249/7 with the crap that Tampa Bay had at QB in 2008?

You make it seem like I'm trying to say he was more talented then Dez, or that Dez will end up like him. But you guys are seriously acting like Dez is the best WR to play football in 50 years or that he was off the charts as a prospect. Which is in fact Calvin Johnson, and while his stats were going up the first 2 years of his career it's not like he's taking over the league is he?

Bryant could have been one of the best WR's in the NFL if he wanted, he was always extremely talented even at Pitt and those two were not far apart in terms of talent, or how talented they were in College.

Dez Bryant and Limas Sweed in the same sentence is laughable. I think Dez is gonna be awesome, but you guys want to place him up on this pedastal he hasn't even earned and we as Cowboy fans always tend to jump the gun on young promising players.

But hey Scandrick is gonna be a stud in this league, he'll be a shut down #2 guy, Marty B is gonna make us trade Witten in a few years, Jenkins is gonna be a top 5 CB, and Felix Jones is gonna be getting 20 carries and making the pro bowl.
                          Pretty much spot on.

Comment

• No, it's not. Dez for President and protector of Earth against alien threats!

Comment

I repeat... Antonio Bryant and Dez Bryant in the same sentence is laughable. You'll see how silly you sound. You'll see. The talent level between the 2 isn't even close. ....and Dez can be better than Calvin too.

As for Scandrick, Bennett, and Jones... don't put those words in my mouth. I told you guys Scandrick sucked when we drafted him, but he played well in his rookie season and I joined YOU GUYS who were the ones supporting him. I've been wanting to trade Bennett for a while now... and I still have a hole in the wall from the remote control I threw when Jerry drafted Felix. But he redeemed himself by drafting Jenkins, who I'm plenty happy with, though I never said he was a Top 5 CB in the league. ...though I wouldn't put it past him.

It's kind of funny to see you on the Cowboys hater side this time. You usually are the one defending them while I bash them. ie. When you stuck up for the 2009 draft at the time I was bashing it... when you stuck up for the Wade extension when I bashed it... Hell... YOU are the one that has been loving Felix. I wanted Choice to be the starter LAST YEAR!.. and I still want him to be the starter this year. Fun times in the Cowboys forum! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
                                Pretty much spot on.
                                Welcome back bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information