This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    I don't know who that was on to blame Kitna or Garrett. If Kitna makes those throws halfway decent to Dez he'll come up with a catch, why so off with him? He'd been on fire throwing to Dez so it was certainly confusing. Not even 1 fade/lob down field to him all game? I know the safety was over top but we have to try, Kitna took those shots vs NYG and he was double covered plenty times.

As for Garrett, only really gripe is passing up a 53 yard fg. Seriously? Now in hindsight maybe it worked out better because they started inside the 10, we got a turnover and scored a TD off of it, but our K has the leg for anything within 60. If we don't trust him to take a 53 yder(yet somehow it was the same length as the 1 he made earlier) we need a new kicker.

We were all watching him with a close eye just waiting for 1 mistake for him to make and jump all over him and it's really not fair. He's not perfect, he's gonna make some mistakes as all head coaches do and especially rookie Head Coaches.

But let's give him props. He stuck with the running game down by 17 because I expected him to cut that off. Maybe it was because we had Kitna and not Romo, but at least we had balance all night even when down big. Some head scratchers in there that were too cute of course, but overall a good job.

And how about the team responding down 17 and not quitting like we had been doing all year? Guys are actually getting turnovers, cutting down on penalties, being more red zone efficient, they showed alot of heart. That comes down to Garrett, either guys want to play for him to keep him around or are buying what he's selling, and that's more important to me then nit picking all of his specific plays(which I'd love for him to give up those duties but from listening to Aikman it's probably a pipe dream).

We got beat fair and square, homers always want to cry about us being cursed or the refs hating us but if Witten didn't have the most obvious hold on that Austin TD then I don't know what a hold is. Officiating is bad in general, we lost to a much better team who had a much better starting QB and a much better pass defense. It hurts to lose but were still not a very good team this year, we just play like it in spurts.
    Very well said...Garrett is under a ridiculous microscope. Fair or unfair, he looks up to the challenge, and seems excited to just show what he's got as a HC. He's going to make some bad decisions, Wade made bad decisions, Parcells made bad decision, it's going to happen. Fact of the matter is the Cowboys are a bad team right now, as much as it hurts to admit. A 38 yr old backup qb, aging line, horrible safeties and LB'er play......It is what it is...and at this point I just want to see the cowboys be competitive week in and week out, and they have been the last 3 weeks. Something they haven't been under Phillips this year. Garrett's not going to get everything right, but he's doing a heck of a job with what he has at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
      You're right. I'm thinking Wisniewski needs to be our #1 priority, assuming we can't get Peterson. We might could even get Wisniewski high in the 2nd.
      No way Wisniewski drops to the 2nd.

I'm certain the Eagles will grab him if he drops to their pick in the first round.

Game Carimi, Stephen Wisniewski, and Anthony Castanzo (sp) are all first round locks, imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
        No way Wisniewski drops to the 2nd.

I'm certain the Eagles will grab him if he drops to their pick in the first round.

Game Carimi, Stephen Wisniewski, and Anthony Castanzo (sp) are all first round locks, imho.
        Key word "imho".

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Lol your a funny guy.
          LL, if you don't consider the possibility that NFL games are fixed then you are a blind fool. Keep trying to act like your some godly poster and im a fool, you really look mature.

As for the point about Dez, I agree with you. He is to good of a player not to just throw it up to him 3-5 times a game atleast. And those 3 or so passes kitna threw to him at the end were awful. I know he was making sure he 100% woiuldn't throw a pick, but jesus it looked like the ball boy throwing them.

The bottom line is though, with 40 seconds and 2 timouts, YOU RUN ATLEAST 1 DRAW. That's an automatic 5 yards, maybe more. One of the few mistakes garrett has made so far. Run a draw or two, and that game goes to OT, barring a Buehler shank.

Again, I will continue to say this team is cursed, or atleast Roy is. Jesus. Or God just has a hard on for the Saints, no pun intended.

Comment

• I dont normally go into other teams threads but this guy and his assumptions about the league being fixed is hilarious, oh the cowboys didnt win, must be fixed. Oh wait what happened when you guys destroyed the Giants who were surely favored to win that game. Cowboys are having a rough year, it doesnt mean the game is fixed.

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• What are you talking about? That's not what i'm saying at all. I want the cowboys to lose lol, I want a better draft pick, we weren't making the playoffs.

Hey if you one of those diehard NFL fans and football is your life and you don't want to believe there is a POSSIBILITY that some NFL games are fixed, go ahead and live in your perfect world in your living room watching football, but there is definently a possibility.

This has nothing to do with the Cowboys. Sorry if you can't handle the truth.

Look at point spreads and look at the results in games bro. Sorry if I brought a dark light on your little world, I won't post about that anymore. It;s just a bit shady..
              Last edited by xxxxxxxx; 11-27-2010, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Hey jvig are you watching thise boise state games... 2 missed field goals under 30 yards?.....

Yeah bro...

Comment

• Dude..... idk how the other cowboy posters on here put up with you. Oh man some guy in Vegas put odds up which is obviously always going to be what the outcome of the game is. And if it's not, rigged. Oh wait, no ones ever missed 2 field goals right? I'm sorry for wasting space in this thread arguing with this kid cowboy fans, I'm leaving haha. I also apologize you are forced to listen to his posts on here.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Lol ok bro think what you want. I don't really care if your gothic ass doesn't agree with me.

YOU WIN BRO!

Comment

• One thing that I've noticed is that Ratliff seems to be back to his usual self. I read an article several weeks back saying that he might have been hindered by offseason surgery he had. I think it was his elbow that he had surgery on. I can't quite recall what it was. The important thing is that Rat is back to form, and we don't have to worry about him declining just yet.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• He had surgery on both elbows and hadn't been able to do bench press for a long time. He was 100% healed going into the season...thats not why he hasn't made as much of an impact. Actually that would go against the logic since technically after the surgery he was more healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                          Lol ok bro think what you want. I don't really care if your gothic ass doesn't agree with me.

YOU WIN BRO!
                          This guy is an idiot...

Comment

• Jerry McDonald, the local San Jose Mercury News NFL columnist, said today that Garrett is "doing enough to make it past interim status."

Is he effing kidding me? Only the upset of the Giants in their NJ stadium speaks for his promotion to fulltime HC next yr. A win over Detroit at home & a good showing in a a loss to world champion NOLA is far from giving him the job IMO.

Jury's still out on Garrett who's going into his 4th game as the jefe next weekend, I can see that assessment OK. But I think he's still interim & will be until:

The Cowboys win all their remaining games this yr (Not happening)
                            Jerry Jones can't find the right replacement to hire (more likely), & that man will have to be someone with NFL experience (includes a hot asst. here, not necessary HC experience) & the authority & iron willed personality to keep Garrett on a shorter leash in 2011.

Garrett as HC in 2011 = unlimited bubble screens, halfback passes, etc, the Dallas offense would become the gadget play gimmicky Boise St. of the NFL. As well as no OL housecleaning, limited use of Choice, limited throws to Witten & too many to Dez, retaining Roy Williams & the same Good Old Boys club kept around who put the team in the crapper this season.

And isn't that how Dallas declined & lost its most popular NFL team status to the then-upstart 49ers at the end of the Landry Era -- I think I remember it happening that way. Teams repeating their mistakes makes history repeat itself in the NFL.
                            Last edited by LizardState; 11-28-2010, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• You're reaching....

Comment

• Watching Iupati on the 49ers. Wow.

Any chance you think we can pick off either Watson or Branch from the 49ers?
                                Last edited by baghdadbob; 11-29-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information