X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's quote was that again?

Comment

• Some Jerry quotes from DMN where he bashes Tashard Choice.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...rd-choice.html

And Tashard's response

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...eps-quiet.html

I think it's safe to say we now know who is responsible for his limited playing time.
      Cowboys Mock:
      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Who's quote was that again?
        LizardState....a page back.
        Last edited by FreshBoy!; 12-01-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• This was the quote from last Sunday:

Jerry McDonald, the local San Jose Mercury News NFL columnist, said today that Garrett is "doing enough to make it past interim status."

I think I said he would surpass interim status if he wins the remaining 5 games & that won't happen. They are:

12/5 - @ Indy Colts
          12/12 - Philadelphia
          12/19 - Washington Skins
          12/25 - @ Zona
          1/2/11 - @ Eagles.

After the sorry showing Zona put up vs. the 9ers (who are effing terrible) Mon. night, I think beating them at home on Xmas day is almost a gimme if Dallas stays healthy. Indy is beatable but there's still that Fetushead RoboQB playing for them, & they have a tough home rcd. Revenge vs. the Skins @ home is doable too. They will probably split with the Eagles & finish 6-10, disappointing but still respectable all thing considered although not enough to name Garrett permanent HC.

On the other hand, sweep the goddamn detestable Eagles + Zona for that 6-10 rcd. & I'll be the 1st to say give him the job. Did I mention before I really, really don't like the Eagles?

If Garrett is responsible for < 16 penalties a game then more power to him. Dallas could ONLY have started playing more disciplined FB.

Realistically it's going to come right down to Jerry getting his 1st choice guy as a HC, Garrett is the default position if he doesn't.

Comment

• Garrett IS Jerry's first choice. JG is gunna be the next coach. Denial is unhealthy.

Comment

Garrett IS Jerry's first choice. JG is gunna be the next coach. Denial is unhealthy.
              Yup, I agree. Jerry wants Garrett to be his coach especially going into a year without a bargaining agreement.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                Some Jerry quotes from DMN where he bashes Tashard Choice.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...rd-choice.html

And Tashard's response

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...eps-quiet.html

I think it's safe to say we now know who is responsible for his limited playing time.
                Well in this case I see us cutting him or not resigning him and him having a great career and killing us every time we play him.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                  Yup, I agree. Jerry wants Garrett to be his coach especially going into a year without a bargaining agreement.
                  I think your last statement is overlooked by many. Any owner is going to be very reluctant to take on a huge contract for guys like Cowher or Gruden given the uncertainty for next year.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
                    Well in this case I see us cutting him or not resigning him and him having a great career and killing us every time we play him.
                    Regardless of how he feels Choice will get his shot next year. It'll likely be Felix and Choice with Barber gone and there is a good chance Felix has to miss a game, and Choice will be the man again. He'll prove next year if we re-sign him which I think we will because he wants to stay here if he's wanted.

I'm not worried, he's gonna play great these next few games pretty much as a **** you to Jerry.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Garrett IS Jerry's first choice. JG is gunna be the next coach. Denial is unhealthy.
                      Unless he hires his brother ahead of him! oooo imagine the drama then. Then you guys can start a reality TV show to go along with the show being a dallas cowboys cheerleader.

Comment

• So Dez melts down and plays a lousy game but Tashard Choice is called out for ST play?

Comment

• Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
                          So Dez melts down and plays a lousy game but Tashard Choice is called out for ST play?
                          I'm wondering if you saw the game or just looked at the box score.

The passes going to Dez were uncatchably off target. I wouldn't even count them as him being targeted!

Another reason why Garrett as an OC is lousy. They should've got Dez involved more, even if it was on short easy passes to get the momentum rolling.

....and Choice wasn't being called out for anything in particular regarding that game alone. It's his STs play on the whole season. ...and to be honest, I didn't even know he was on STs! That's how invisible he's been to me.

With Barber out, Choice will get some nice opportunity now. I expect him to excel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                            Unless he hires his brother ahead of him! oooo imagine the drama then. Then you guys can start a reality TV show to go along with the show being a dallas cowboys cheerleader.
                            Just can't wait till you're on the staff buddy!!!! WE WANT THE INSIDE SCOOP!

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Where was this team vs Green Bay? These players didn't have any accountability or fight left. It's not a "worry about your job because Wade was fired" thing because everyone knew he was gone, it was pure and simple the players had quit. I don't think it's a coincidence we started playing better after Wade was fired because players want to save their job. We all know Jenkins will quit on plays any given time, he knows he isn't losing his job though.

I don't think you can credit the way this team has been playing to anyone but Garrett. If our players had any ounce of pride for what they do the Green Bay game wouldn't have looked the way it did. Do you think we would have played this well with Wade still as the Head Coach?
                              I understand that Garrett is the reason for the spark, and I gave him credit for that. I'm wondering how long it lasts, and if he has what it takes to keep it going for the next 5-10 years as a good, stable coach. Interim coaches have come in before and made good strides in turning teams around, but the long term sustainability wasn't there and in the end the team stopped playing for him. Jim Haslett comes to mind because he had some nice success early on, but was better as a coordinator in the end. I'm giving him credit for what's gone on so far, but I'm not going to jump the gun and anoint him until we see what happens in this last, hard stretch. Even then, the experience and consistency of a guy like Fisher might be too attractive to pass up.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Keep JG and bring in a DC that knows how to play a zone blitz scheme. That is all we need to fix the non-talent related problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information