This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
    Neither Demarcus Ware, Troy Polamalu, or Darelle Revis were picked in the top 10. Same thing with Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton, etc.

That's just counting defense.

That should help you sleep tonight. :)
    Jay Ratliff was picked in the 6th round. So should we trade our 1st for 10 6ths?

Ugh. That was TERRIBLE logic. I'm still mad.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      James never really comes off. He always comes in for Brooking.
      Better question. From what I remember he was lining up at WILB. Was that right?

Comment

• Ratliff = 7th round. Even better. :D

He also sucked ass at Auburn.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• D I don't know how you could be even mad dude lol. I mean, I'll gladly go from the 5th pick to the 11th pick for a couple hard fought victories late in the season which could go MUCH further to helping this team then 6 spots.

Good scouting will get you a great player, top 15 period is a good place to be which is where we will be. I am loving this victory, **** a few draft spots!!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Better question. From what I remember he was lining up at WILB. Was that right?
            That's the position he always plays. He's Brooking's backup.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              D I don't know how you could be even mad dude lol. I mean, I'll gladly go from the 5th pick to the 11th pick for a couple hard fought victories late in the season which could go MUCH further to helping this team then 6 spots.

Good scouting will get you a great player, top 15 period is a good place to be which is where we will be. I am loving this victory, **** a few draft spots!!
              Exactly. As much as I wanted to lose out after the Green Bay game...I want my favorite team to win games on sunday. Period. Losing begets a losing mentality. Which the locker room doesn't need. Some of the worst teams pick top 10 year after year after year...and you'd think that would automatically equal to talent after drafting that high? But no...Lions, Rams, 49ers, Bills, etc, etc...all draft at the top each and every year...and bad personnel decisions eventually doom them.

Comment

• Outside of Dez's injury I'm really happy with the win. Hopefully Choice did enough for the organization to realize that he's a much better option then Barber. Lee is really coming into his own, he looked great out there as well.
                Cowboys Mock:
                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Jay Ratliff was picked in the 6th round. So should we trade our 1st for 10 6ths?

Ugh. That was TERRIBLE logic. I'm still mad.
                  The point is that you don't need to have a top 5-10 pick to get an elite player. There is always a ton of talent coming out of the ranks that you can find someone stellar anywhere in the first. Patrick Peterson isn't the only good defensive player in this upcoming draft, and he might not even be the best. Same thing with Prince, Fairley, etc. I'd rather them win to at least get some momentum going into next season than lose a bunch and end up with high potential. When you start to lose too much it creates a horrible culture that may be hard to get rid of.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• So Felix Jones had 17 less yards and 3 more carries then Tashard Choice today, running behind the same offensive line. Yet Felix is supposed to be the homerun hitter out of the group.

I said it then and still feel he should have never gained that weight. He's still a good back but the big plays aren't there and I definately think he should go back to that size.

I think this game showed us a good ratio of what things should look like next year honestly. Felix would be much better to get down to what he was as a rookie and let Choice touch the ball to keep him fresh. I don't think Felix sucks now, but I certainly know he's not the same.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Not to defend Felix tooo much, cause I'm a HUGE TC fan...but the roles were reversed today. Felix played the majority of the Barber runs...more or less the hammer role. A lot of short yardage, in between the tackle runs...whereas Choice took the in space on the edge runner. Our line just isn't that great whatsoever at run blocking...it's quite sad actually for how big they are.

But yea...I want TC to start...no reason he should be behind Barber. Felix can still break the long one, split the carries right down the middle between the two, and we're set in the backfield.

Comment

• I watched Leonard Davis today and he might be the worst OL in the NFL.

Also, I think Dez is injury prone. A Peterson of WR.
                        Last edited by baghdadbob; 12-05-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• I don't know if he's injury prone....He's had a sprain since training camp that's he's played through and a couple other small injuries, which he's played through. There's no history of him being injury prone. Not saying you're wrong, but time can only tell that, and a ankle being rolled and broken is just bad luck really.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                            I don't know if he's injury prone....He's had a sprain since training camp that's he's played through and a couple other small injuries, which he's played through. There's no history of him being injury prone. Not saying you're wrong, but time can only tell that, and a ankle being rolled and broken is just bad luck really.
                            We will see.

Comment

• Probably not...It's one of those things that fans do...just throw out some prediction, that you'll never hear about again if proven wrong. I'm sure 3 years from now if Dez isn't "injury prone", we'll never hear it again...

But each and every injury he sustains you'll be sure to point out how you were right about him being injury prone.

:-D

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                                The point is that you don't need to have a top 5-10 pick to get an elite player. There is always a ton of talent coming out of the ranks that you can find someone stellar anywhere in the first. Patrick Peterson isn't the only good defensive player in this upcoming draft, and he might not even be the best. Same thing with Prince, Fairley, etc. I'd rather them win to at least get some momentum going into next season than lose a bunch and end up with high potential. When you start to lose too much it creates a horrible culture that may be hard to get rid of.
                                Completely agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information