This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Except our OL sucks and theirs is one of the best in the league. That's a pretty big difference. We need OL who are strong, athletic and can move. Not these fat slobs that we got. We need to get away from Houck's style of offensive linemen. His stuff is outdated and ineffective.
    Hence my frustration. We were fooling ourselves thinking we'd be 'ok' with the group we had going into the season. It sucks because we have all the skill position players you could want but have to handicap our offense because of the line. It's such a waste. We need to make a splash in FA and I have a good feeling Jerry will get it done as far as OL goes. 2 new starters would be nice.
    Cowboys Mock:
    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
      Hence my frustration. We were fooling ourselves thinking we'd be 'ok' with the group we had going into the season. It sucks because we have all the skill position players you could want but have to handicap our offense because of the line. It's such a waste. We need to make a splash in FA and I have a good feeling Jerry will get it done as far as OL goes. 2 new starters would be nice.
      The good thing about Jerry is that he does spend money in FA to bring in OL who can start from Day 1. He may not spend 1st rounders on OL, but at least he opens his wallet in FA. We NEED Mankins.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Is it just me or does it not seem like this team has been committing far less penalties than it used to under Wade? Anyone know the stat on that? I'm thinking Garrett has this team under good wraps in that department.
        This actually started happening under Wade. We started bringing refs to practice. Not sure what week it was but atleast 2 under wade were the penalties went away. All directly reflected by the refs at practice tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          It just dawned on me that McCann fumbled on that KO Return right before OT. We could have easily lost the game to a fg there. For some reason the Cowboys from earlier this season lose that fumble, and lose that game the same way. That's just how things typically are for us.

Right now we are picking about 7th roughly, which can slide anywhere from 5th pick to about 15th. Alot of other teams have consistently lost since we have started winning. I still wish we had beat NO for some reason, I want to see if Garrett schemes up something good for Philly, it's our last test.
          Just a regression towards the mean I suppose.

Seems like every year a blue chip prospect falls in that 6-10 range. That is the guy I'm targeting. Who that is at this point I'm not sure...I still think it's probably a 5-tech.

Comment

• Here's what the conversation between Garrett and Jerry probably sounded like this week:

Jerry: "I love what you've been doing with this team, Jason. They play hard for you, and your guys keep every game competitive despite some shortcomings on the roster in terms of talent. But you know that this will all be forgotten if you don't do one thing for me, Jason. You know what that one thing is?

Garrett: "What is that, sir?"

Jerry: "Do you know that I have one requirement for my head coaches? One thing above all that they must be capable of doing?"

Garrett: "Putting the team into the position to win a Super Bowl?"

Jerry: "No. Super Bowls are nice, of course, but that's all just gravy in the end. There is one thing that is more important than everything else. And that's beating the Philadelphia Eagles."

Garrett: <wide-eyed look>

Jerry: "This is your final test, Jason. If you can beat the hated Beagles, and make it look convincing and make Andy Reid look like a fat pouty loser on the sidelines, you've got the job for good, no questions asked."

Garrett: "I'll do my best, sir. You can count on me to fulfill this sacred Dallas Cowboys objective to the best of my ability."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
              Here's what the conversation between Garrett and Jerry probably sounded like this week:

Jerry: "I love what you've been doing with this team, Jason. They play hard for you, and your guys keep every game competitive despite some shortcomings on the roster in terms of talent. But you know that this will all be forgotten if you don't do one thing for me, Jason. You know what that one thing is?

Jerry: "Do you know that I have one requirement for my head coaches? One thing above all that they must be capable of doing?"

Jerry: "No. Super Bowls are nice, of course, but that's all just gravy in the end. There is one thing that is more important than everything else. And that's beating the Philadelphia Eagles."

Jerry: "This is your final test, Jason. If you can beat the hated Beagles, and make it look convincing and make Andy Reid look like a fat pouty loser on the sidelines, you've got the job for good, no questions asked."

Garrett: "I'll do my best, sir. You can count on me to fulfill this sacred Dallas Cowboys objective to the best of my ability."
              That's actually a little funny. Cracked a smile outta me. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                Here's what the conversation between Garrett and Jerry probably sounded like this week:

Hehe. Nice one.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I hate the Eagles but I really ******* hate the Eagles

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Hey we picked up Clifton Geathers... Thought he was an interesting prospect that has always been an underachiever. Would be cool to see him reach his potential. He's quite the physical specimen.

Comment

• Should have stayed in school Cliffy. haha. But hey, I'm glad to finally have a Gamecock on the team.

I told everyone he was the epitome of the word project. He plays with bad leverage and wasnt productive throughout his career. The bloodlines and physical gifts are strong, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• I saw an interesting stat about our run game since Garrett took over compared to with Wade:

The Cowboys are averaging 33.75 runs per game in four games under interim coach Jason Garrett compared to 21.1 runs per game in eight games under Wade Phillips.

They're doing it more successfully, too, averaging 149.5 yards per game under Garrett compared to 75.6 under Phillips.

The play-caller is the same, but the Cowboys aren't playing from behind as much. If those attempts stay up, Tashard Choice shouldn't have any problem seeing 15 touches per game the rest of the way. "We want to get him the ball," Garrett said. "There's no question about that."
                        Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
                        http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12...-increase.html

Why do you guys think this is? All of a sudden were running alot more, our run blocking has improved, our yards per attempt have improved, and were more commited to the run. It's almost been like night and day.

What would you guys attribute this to mostly?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Garrett trying to get Wade fired. lol.

Honestly, Garrett has taken more of a backseat to other offensive coaches, when it comes to game planning/scheming. As is normal practice. I dont think it's any coincidence. Wade had no real say of anything in our offense, so you cant blame anything on him. Our team would just be that much better with a veteran offensive coordinator, heading the offense and shaping the gameplans. They've looked a little stronger since Garrett has had to relinquish some of that power.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Maybe Tubby had more say then people think. Perhaps he wanted to do other things and told JG to do it.

Or now that JG is the HC, his brother and the offensive staff have a different chemistry with him. So they can talk more openly, and things are getting done.
                            Supposedly, his speeches and ways to motivate the players is really good. So maybe that is a factor too. They are executing better on their running plays.

Are the running concepts the same pre JG as opposed to now with JG as the IHC?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              They've looked a little stronger since Garrett has had to relinquish some of that power.
                              Are you sure of this? I was unaware that he relinquished any of the power and I asked a few beat writers of the Cowboys in Cowlishaw and Watkins and they both said he was still calling plays and had full control just as before. They also didn't see him wanting to give that up either, so I don't know.

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post

Are the running concepts the same pre JG as opposed to now with JG as the IHC?
                              To me they are. Other then maybe less Marion Barber means a higher ypc, I didn't see a noticeable change in concepts in the running game. It was almost like Garrett knew his ass was on the line as HC so he took a dedicated effort to run more instead of balls out passing game.

Staying committed to the run was one of the big things I was concerned about and he's proved he will stick to it. Then again, since he's been Head Coach we have yet to really get behind big early in the game which is what I want to see just to see how he handles that situation.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                Are you sure of this? I was unaware that he relinquished any of the power and I asked a few beat writers of the Cowboys in Cowlishaw and Watkins and they both said he was still calling plays and had full control just as before. They also didn't see him wanting to give that up either, so I don't know.

To me they are. Other then maybe less Marion Barber means a higher ypc, I didn't see a noticeable change in concepts in the running game. It was almost like Garrett knew his ass was on the line as HC so he took a dedicated effort to run more instead of balls out passing game.

Staying committed to the run was one of the big things I was concerned about and he's proved he will stick to it. Then again, since he's been Head Coach we have yet to really get behind big early in the game which is what I want to see just to see how he handles that situation.

Maybe, also should say all the stuff I mentioned are viable factors, however, as fans we won't know the truth since we are not there behind closed doors. I would bet though something happened that has caused stuff to work out well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information