Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was reported that Garrett had relinquished some power to his supporting coaching staff as soon as he became coach. He doesnt take as much of the load or burden, when formulating the game plans. I remember Garrett commenting on it, as well. As far as Wade and the offense. No. He didnt get to do anything with it. Our coaching structure was kind of defunct, and a lot of that had to do with the fact that Jerry put Garrett in place before Wade. Wade's only real power was having the opportunity to tell the offense to go for it or not, in certain situations. As for Garrett, he did step back a bit in the offense, as he set his sights around the entire team. As I said, it's common practice for promoted coordinators to relinquish some duty, or rely more on their surrounding staffs, and this has happened to a point. He still calls the plays, sure...but, the game plans could certainly differ than the norm, with more insight from other coaches.

As for the motivation factor...I dont think our line was playing like **** because of Wade. They still suck, but they've been practicing with officials for some time now, an improvement should occur, and the penalties are down a bit. As far as the run blocking...they're still inconsistent. Hudson Houck has said they have been downright awful this year and are the reason why we've struggled running the football. Since Garrett has taken over, it looks like the playcalling has changed just a tad to make things easier for the line. More motion, more power running formations, less pulling/tosses, which we are freaking terrible at. Garrett's had the power to do this at anytime, Jerry's said as much before...but we havent seen it until recently. I do think the larger role for the other offensive coaches has helped us out some.

And as for running more...even without the lead, it seems like we're running more. And Wade used to say we should run more and get the ball to Felix more...so that's not something you can pin on Wade, either. I'd imagine. He wanted to run more, but Garrett has always been pass heavy. Funny enough, now that he gets the job...we run a lot more. Not complaining, however.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-10-2010, 01:59 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Delegating duties is a key aspect of any managerial position especially coaching. I am a big fan of delegating everything for first year coaches at ALL levels until they get their feet wet. I personally am not a fan of HCs that do double duties.

I forgot what coach did it. But he was a HC, OC, and QB coach.. Hmm.. Ooo it was the former Redskins coach. I remember his face but forgot the name. He was with Seattle I think. I remember he had 3 jobs! LOL. That is a epic failure to do so much your first time around.

Comment

• Jim Zorn? What a tool belt. lol.

I would just like to see Garrett give up playcalling all together. Never gonna happen, but it'd be great. He's obviously a great motivator and has the HC persona, he doesnt need to call the plays. It's also something that he's never been too good at. I personally love John Garrett, but I'm not too sure he's the right man for the job...he's too close to Jason, and would also be an inexperienced playcaller. Seems like Jason would have his hands in the pot too much. I would love to see him bring in a veteran guy to call plays. That'd be pretty ideal.
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-10-2010, 02:18 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Jim Zorn? What a tool belt. lol.

I would just like to see Garrett give up playcalling all together. Never gonna happen, but it'd be great. He's obviously a great motivator and has the HC persona, he doesnt need to call the plays. It's also something that he's never been too good at. I personally love John Garrett, but I'm not too sure he's the right man for the job...he's too close to Jason, and would also be an inexperienced playcaller. Seems like Jason would have his hands in the pot too much. I would love to see him bring in a veteran guy to call plays. That'd be pretty ideal.
          Haha yeah him! He was the HC, OC, and QB coach! hahahahahaha.

I would love to see how he breaks up his day to do all those duties. Where does he go during practice? With the whole offense and then with the QBs? When does he go to the other stations? hahaha Man, that was too funny when I read it last year.

Maybe promote from within. THat's what we did when we fired Hufangel. Gilbride was the QB coach and so we promoted him. In my opinion, he should have been the OC from the beggining when Coughlin got hired.

Comment

• I'm thinking that Garrett has given some of the offensive coaches more leeway now as the head coach. Since he is head coach now he has to divide his focus to more positions and also to the defense and special teams. I'm thinking it gives other coaches more influence than they had before because Garrett can't just spend his whole time on offense after losing a defensive coordinator.

Another thing that really contributes to more running is the Kitna factor. Romo is out, so you're not getting your best at quarterback. Running the ball more relieves the pressure on Kitna.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• What do you think if Wade joined the Redskins, Giants or Eagles as DC?

Comment

• If Wade joined a competitor as DC I'd hate it because he's good and motivated. I think that in the end he just got tired with his defensive calls this year. He didn't mix up anything and he just dialed up everyone to cause some kind of havoc. In another spot as a DC he'd probably bring the pressure again. I'd worry about the problems he would cause since he knows the team. The Giants and Eagles aren't really built for a 3-4 right now though, so there might be a year of growing pains. The Redskins are a 3-4 now, but I really don't fear them because they always seem to implode. Snyder is a real burden on that team.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Wade is gonna make a damn good 3-4 DC wherever he goes, but I don't see the fit anywhere in the division other then Washington and I feel like E-man does about them. I look for Wade to end up in Denver honestly. I was very disappointed in how our D started to play for him down the stretch, even when we were playing well turnovers were low, and now all of a sudden it's turnover galore.

Don't know what made the light come on, but I'd always been upset about that. I think he'd set Philly or NY back even further, too many pieces that fit a 4-3 and were drafted to be 4-3 players. It would take 2-3 years to get his guys and even then their D probably wouldn't be much better off.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    I saw an interesting stat about our run game since Garrett took over compared to with Wade:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12...-increase.html

Why do you guys think this is? All of a sudden were running alot more, our run blocking has improved, our yards per attempt have improved, and were more commited to the run. It's almost been like night and day.

What would you guys attribute this to mostly?
                    I think this mostly has to do with Romo being out. Kitna has played well but we've had the lead and just had more bounces go our way. I'd just say it's a regression towards the mean. Also I think he has a better feel of what to call on offense because he has more control over what is going on with the defense also. Whereas reports from when Wade were here said he had basically no input or know...hell defensive players said they didn't even really know him...

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Wade is gonna make a damn good 3-4 DC wherever he goes, but I don't see the fit anywhere in the division other then Washington and I feel like E-man does about them. I look for Wade to end up in Denver honestly. I was very disappointed in how our D started to play for him down the stretch, even when we were playing well turnovers were low, and now all of a sudden it's turnover galore.

Don't know what made the light come on, but I'd always been upset about that. I think he'd set Philly or NY back even further, too many pieces that fit a 4-3 and were drafted to be 4-3 players. It would take 2-3 years to get his guys and even then their D probably wouldn't be much better off.
                      You are kidding right....Wade hates the denver organization...they screwed him over in his mind when they cut him with a winning head coaching record. Not a chance he goes there.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        What do you think if Wade joined the Redskins, Giants or Eagles as DC?
                        I'd celebrate. Wade's D schemes are simplistic and his D's always fall apart in big game. Plus hopefully he infects the team with family rah-rah nonsense.

Comment

• Even tho we lost I'm damn proud of them! We lost to a slightly better team flat out. Nice to see effort again!!

Comment

• Garrett proved a lot over the past three weeks. Sure, he went 1-2 over the past three weeks, but all games were very close and he had them competitive. The defense really let them down this game, but you can't blame too much of that on Garrett. Just gotta get better players and work in a new scheme. Igor just got owned on that last drive.
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• TC asking Michael Vick for an autograph is ******* embarrassing.

Comment

• Honestly i think you're reading too much into it. i don't have a problem with it. Especially considering the way that this organization screwed him around so much in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information