This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    Good game, guys. I feel bad for you guys that you have to endure that safety play. Just brutal. You have a nice front 7 but Ball is pitiful.
    I never been a fan of their two guys back there now.. Then again, I always hated Roy Williams when he played back there. I can't remember a safety who was actually good and respectable for them.

But I feel their pain. We had junk at safety last season. One player says it all:

C.C. Brown

Comment

• We've been draft dodging safety for years. I've wanted one for sooooooooo long now. Could have been our 1st round pick since about 2005.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• The whole secondary needs work. Jenkins has been terrible this year. I'd still hold out hope on him bc last year he was so good, but his attitude is not desirable.

I still believe that switching to a 4-3 defense wouldn't be a terrible idea for this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          The whole secondary needs work. Jenkins has been terrible this year. I'd still hold out hope on him bc last year he was so good, but his attitude is not desirable.

I still believe that switching to a 4-3 defense wouldn't be a terrible idea for this team.
          I like Ware AND I like Jay R. Everyone else I never really thought much about. If you switch to a 4-3 then you're negating what Ware brings to the table. All the productive stuff he does, like getting sacks, and being feared goes out the window.

I am 1,000,000 X more scared of Ware in a 34 then I would be in a 43 scheme.

Comment

• Ware, Ratliff, and Bradie are the only guys who have actually been any good this year. And Ware/Ratliff have had spans of not doing anything. Ratliff has turned it on again, but Ware has been bad for Ware.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I know the corners have looked suspect, but I truly believe that the horrible safety play affects how we view them. I guarantee if we could get a couple of good to very good safeties, our secondary would look much better.

I'm much more worried about our DL. I think I've come around on the idea that an impact DL would be the ticket for our first rounder.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

The whole secondary needs work. Jenkins has been terrible this year. I'd still hold out hope on him bc last year he was so good, but his attitude is not desirable.

Jenkins leads the league in yards given up (well, I assume he still does because he led going into last night, and last night wasn't a banner night for him). The regression with him came out of nowhere. I thought he was going to make a leap into the top-8 or so.

Comment

• Atleast spencer looked like a boss yesterday.

As for our front 7 being so good... they couldnt stop lesean mccoy in obvious running downs on the last drive.. thats not the secondaries fault.

While Mike Jenkins is getting a bad rap.. He is right there ever ******* time, he is just unlucky this year. He tipped one of reggie wayne's TD's last week, and was legit 2 inches from tipping deseans TD. Let's not forget he won us the game last week.

Sure he needs to improve, but everyone has a slump year. There has to still be hope with his talent.

As for D-Line in the first, i'm all for it. Dareus or Fairley would be so boss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                    I like Ware AND I like Jay R. Everyone else I never really thought much about. If you switch to a 4-3 then you're negating what Ware brings to the table. All the productive stuff he does, like getting sacks, and being feared goes out the window.

I am 1,000,000 X more scared of Ware in a 34 then I would be in a 43 scheme.
                    I don't think the switch effects Ware at all. Half the time Ware plays in a 3 point stance anyway, and he's proven he's stout vs the run both standing up and with his hand on the dirt.

And just bc you play in a 43 doesn't mean you can't move guys around. Look at what we do, or how Tennessee uses various line formations and stunts to create confusion and pressure.

The 43 front is just as confusing as a 34 if you have a good DC who knows how to attack.

Ware actually explodes quicker out of a 3 point stance than he does standing up. Ware would be just fine a 4-3.

Comment

I don't think the switch effects Ware at all. Half the time Ware plays in a 3 point stance anyway, and he's proven he's stout vs the run both standing up and with his hand on the dirt.

And just bc you play in a 43 doesn't mean you can't move guys around. Look at what we do, or how Tennessee uses various line formations and stunts to create confusion and pressure.

The 43 front is just as confusing as a 34 if you have a good DC who knows how to attack.

Ware actually explodes quicker out of a 3 point stance than he does standing up. Ware would be just fine a 4-3.
                      mehhhhhhhh. Ware has the fastest first step in the league while standing. The guy has been flagged even when he's still onsides, he's that quick.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Of course it does. It's a whole sale schematic change. Now he can't get sacks and rush the passer like he would. This is the same type of discussion some idiot giants fans had about switching to a 34 and having Strahan play OLB or Osi play DE in a 34.

It's a whole schematic change, and now guys like a Merriman or Ware are asked to do different things. Just to look on NFL.com and search by LB and see sacks and guys who cause Chaos. ALL from a 34, OLB.

Ware, Mathews, Harrison, Hali.. What system do they all have in common? You will NEVER see Ware as productive as he is in a 43 system, especially with their safties!

It would be a complete mess! I do agree you can have many fronts with a 43, but it would be assinine if Ware moved to a 43.

Comment

Of course it does. It's a whole sale schematic change. Now he can't get sacks and rush the passer like he would. This is the same type of discussion some idiot giants fans had about switching to a 34 and having Strahan play OLB or Osi play DE in a 34.

It's a whole schematic change, and now guys like a Merriman or Ware are asked to do different things. Just to look on NFL.com and search by LB and see sacks and guys who cause Chaos. ALL from a 34, OLB.

Ware, Mathews, Harrison, Hali.. What system do they all have in common? You will NEVER see Ware as productive as he is in a 43 system, especially with their safties!

It would be a complete mess! I do agree you can have many fronts with a 43, but it would be assinine if Ware moved to a 43.
                          See, I disagree with that, bc Ware is capable of making the switch. Guys like Strahan have no business in a 3-4 as an OLB bc he's not built to be that. Nor is Osi built to play DE in a 3-4, guys who say that nonsense are just ********. Ignore them.

But Ware is a freak, he can easily play DE in a 4-3. He's about 275lbs, he's not too small to play End. He won't get pushed around like smaller 34 OLBs like Harrison and Clay. He's a big dude. And he has been playing with his hand in the dirt in nickel situations anyway. He's not completely foreign to the idea.

And this is DeMarcus Ware. He's not getting TEs and backs blocking him. He gets the OT every time. So it's not going to be an overwhelming change for him.

I think the formation change helps Ratliff too. Ratliff is a penetrator, and I think his most natural position is UT in a 43 front. Even Marcus Spears benefits from this change, bc he's a natural 43 NT. I really don't think the change is that crazy.

If Ware was 6 2" 245 lbs, then yeah, he can't play a 43 as well as a 34. But the guy is 6 4" 275 lbs. He's just as big as Justin Tuck with much more flexibility. He can easily make the switch.

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          mehhhhhhhh. Ware has the fastest first step in the league while standing. The guy has been flagged even when he's still onsides, he's that quick.
                          His first step is incredible. But he's actually been flagged for being onsides more when he explodes out of the 3 point stance.

Comment

See, I disagree with that, bc Ware is capable of making the switch. Guys like Strahan have no business in a 3-4 as an OLB bc he's not built to be that. Nor is Osi built to play DE in a 3-4, guys who say that nonsense are just ********. Ignore them.

But Ware is a freak, he can easily play DE in a 4-3. He's about 275lbs, he's not too small to play End. He won't get pushed around like smaller 34 OLBs like Harrison and Clay. He's a big dude. And he has been playing with his hand in the dirt in nickel situations anyway. He's not completely foreign to the idea.

And this is DeMarcus Ware. He's not getting TEs and backs blocking him. He gets the OT every time. So it's not going to be an overwhelming change for him.

I think the formation change helps Ratliff too. Ratliff is a penetrator, and I think his most natural position is UT in a 43 front. Even Marcus Spears benefits from this change, bc he's a natural 43 NT. I really don't think the change is that crazy.

If Ware was 6 2" 245 lbs, then yeah, he can't play a 43 as well as a 34. But the guy is 6 4" 275 lbs. He's just as big as Justin Tuck with much more flexibility. He can easily make the switch.

His first step is incredible. But he's actually been flagged for being onsides more when he explodes out of the 3 point stance.

Wait you're taking about DE not LB right? I am talking about if he played SAM in a 43 system. I am not sure about DE. I think it would run him down. He would have to deal with more cut blocks, and double teams without getting a head start. I think he would be avg. as a DE. I don't see him again having sick amount of success. But I do see him faring better than if he was switched to SAM.

I'd have to see him as a DE to know. I'd be interested in that. Being in the trenches full time would take it's course on him. Just look at Tuck and Osi and how many injuries they get being in the trenches. I can see him getting hurt more thus making it hard to still be productive. That's something I'd be interested in seeing though.

Comment

Wait you're taking about DE not LB right? I am talking about if he played SAM in a 43 system. I am not sure about DE. I think it would run him down. He would have to deal with more cut blocks, and double teams without getting a head start. I think he would be avg. as a DE. I don't see him again having sick amount of success. But I do see him faring better than if he was switched to SAM.

I'd have to see him as a DE to know. I'd be interested in that. Being in the trenches full time would take it's course on him. Just look at Tuck and Osi and how many injuries they get being in the trenches. I can see him getting hurt more thus making it hard to still be productive. That's something I'd be interested in seeing though.
                              Yeah, play him at DE. It would be moronic to play Ware at SAM in a 43.

I think he can handle the punishment. Like I said, if he was 245 lbs, then it would beat him up. But the dude is a monster, he's bigger than a lot of 43 DEs that play DE full time. I have full confidence that he can make the switch and still succeed.

The fear of change and what it would lead to is the only reason I see why switching to the 4-3 would be so worrisome. When I evaluate their front 7, I see a switch to a 4-3 as being beneficial to most of their front 7 players. They'd actually play better in that front imo.

And let's not forget, Wade played a 1 gap 34 that pretty much was a 43 front anyway. Wade's defense was a 4-3 Under masquerading as a 34 defense.

Comment

• Perfect game yesterday. Competitive and we got the loss. Phew. I thought we were going to win again. I was cringing!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information