This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Yeah, it really does. Tashard is a *****. I don't care if it was for his three year old cousin.
    Yea I really don't know why it bothers you so much. If you read up on this stuff it happens way more then you'd like to know with cleats, jerseys, even Cris Carter said he did stuff like this his entire career. Calling him a ***** is just stupid but everyone is entitled to an opinion. TO was signing **** for people almost every week, if you feel that way then 85% of players in the league are a ***** according to you.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Yea I really don't know why it bothers you so much. If you read up on this stuff it happens way more then you'd like to know with cleats, jerseys, even Cris Carter said he did stuff like this his entire career. Calling him a ***** is just stupid but everyone is entitled to an opinion. TO was signing **** for people almost every week, if you feel that way then 85% of players in the league are a ***** according to you.
      I've seen it happen at All-Star games. I've never seen anyone do it after losing to a division rival at home in a game that we very well should have won. It's just embarrassing, and there's plenty of people that agree. Save that **** for whenever you see him outside of the field of play. Not when the man is about to give an interview on national television, surrounded by dozens of photographers and reporters. He's a *****.

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Why does it make you mad? Who cares?
      I'm not mad. I'm embarrassed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        I'm not mad. I'm embarrassed.
        You still sound mad. It's nothing to be ashamed about. A lot of people apparently took issue with it. I'm just trying to understand the psychology behind it. Why do people like you care about it so much that it would embarrass you? Does it really affect your own self-esteem? Just trying to figure out what I don't get about it. I don't give a rats ass about it. In fact, I think he's a damn cool uncle! If I were that nephew, I'd be thrilled!

Comment

• Sometimes we need to realize that we care ALOT more as fans than the players do.

All these players, they're mostly friends off the field. They don't care at the end of the day. We take the "rivalry" more seriously than the players do. They play a game and get paid for it, then go home to their mansions.

They don't care. Once you realize that as a fan, you'll be in a better place.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Sometimes we need to realize that we care ALOT more as fans than the players do.

All these players, they're mostly friends off the field. They don't care at the end of the day. We take the "rivalry" more seriously than the players do. They play a game and get paid for it, then go home to their mansions.

They don't care. Once you realize that as a fan, you'll be in a better place.
            x2. Besides how can getting an autograph for your nephew be a bad thing. Shame on the media for running with it. It's not like he pulled an Alex Barron and ruined the chances of victory and was grinning 5 seconds after it happened. Choice leaves every last bit of himself on the field every game. Not sure what's to hate about the guy...
            Originally posted by D-Unit
            I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Didn't Quincy Carter get Donovan McNabb's autograph after the game once? Oh well, it's not a big deal because most guys are catching up after the game and chatting it up with friends on the opposing side. I've seen multiple guys do it before. It only makes sense. I'm sure these guys have family who want someone's autograph, and doing it right after the game is the most assured way of getting it. I wasn't paying attention because right after the game I was taking one of my finals. I hardly watch the pre and post game stuff.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I'm happy to say that we're an arm's reach away from being in Patrick Peterson range. We've got the 6th worst record tied with Zona.

Comment

• Put me in the Nick Fairley camp. He'll do more for us than Peterson.

Comment

• So a young guy living the dream got an autograph. 8 years ago Choice probably never thought he would be in that position. Heck, maybe 3 years ago. If he laid down during the season, got trampled on, and then asked for an autograph it would be a different story. But Choice gives everything he has. Let him get an autograph.

If everyone else gave their all every week we would be talking about the playoffs right now. Not the draft.

This is not a story, except for writers that need something to talk about during the week.

I can think of several other players I would attack for their play this year before I get to Choice.
                    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                      Didn't Quincy Carter get Donovan McNabb's autograph after the game once?.........f.
                      And we see how well that ended.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                        Put me in the Nick Fairley camp. He'll do more for us than Peterson.
                        I like Fairley, but no way he helps up more than Peterson would.
                        Cowboys Mock:
                        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          I'm happy to say that we're an arm's reach away from being in Patrick Peterson range. We've got the 6th worst record tied with Zona.
                          Yep. Only bad thing is we have Arizona and Washington left. If we win those 2 and a few teams lose out from here were probably around 12-14 range.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                            Put me in the Nick Fairley camp. He'll do more for us than Peterson.
                            I don't know if I would go that far, but I do like Fairley. If we were able to land Fairley or Peterson, I would be thrilled.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Yep. Only bad thing is we have Arizona and Washington left. If we win those 2 and a few teams lose out from here were probably around 12-14 range.
                              1 game at a time. This week we just have to focus on losing to Washington, lol.
                              Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• In all seriousness, the smartest thing Jerry could do right now is just hand Garrett the job. We all know he's going to get it anyway, why not just make it official now. The pros: it would give Garrett the comfort in being able to put some younger guys in there he isn't putting in now for the sake for trying to win the job. It's the best move right now for this team. Going into these last 3 games with the same mentality does not benefit us at all. We already saw the change in this team over a 5 game span, that should be enough. I think you also have to consider the draft pick you will get from finishing 4-12 opposed to 7-9. The difference is from picking around 4 overall to 13 overall, do you really want to sacrifice 10 spots in this draft and the chance to evaluate your young players for the sake of meaningless wins? I hope we are not that stupid.
                                Last edited by TheFinisher; 12-15-2010, 01:07 PM.
                                Cowboys Mock:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information