Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So just because I am wondering now, say Kitna and Mcgee go down......Who is our emergency QB? Buehler ? Hurd?

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• This game shows that both Buehler and Ball need to be immediately cut. They literally gave up the game. Ball missed horribly on the td and on the pass that got Arizona into field goal range. The Buehler missed an easy ass extra point that would've at least kept it 3 points over. I'm not too mad, but that's just insanely stupid by both guys.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Wow... We have had so many horrible losses as a fan base.

Comment

• Eh, at least it improves our draft pick.

/optimism.

Buehler's ass needs to be gone. Ball is absolutely ******* pathetic. Jenkins is good for two or three huge plays given up a game this season. The OL sucks ****. Ugghhh, just put an end to this misery already. Let's go free-agency.

Comment

• Tough loss, but with basically our 3rd string QB, I think we played well. You can't give up 2 INT TDs and expect to win. That said, we need to get a more consistant kicker next season. I think we could easily have gotten Feely in the offseason too.

Comment

• this defense needs a major facelift
              Cowboys Mock:
              1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
              2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
              3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• It still baffles me how Sean Lee isn't in on passing situations. He's clearly better than anyone else in coverage at the ILB position.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Tough loss guys, I cant believe Buehler who has the big leg misses a PAT. Im wondering if anyone is thinking like MetSox and dosent mind your boys losing more games to get a higher draft pick?

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• If it makes anyone feel any better, we're back in the Patrick Peterson sweepstakes.
                    Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                      this defense needs a major facelift

That may be the case, but not because of this game. 14 of the 27 points came off pick 6's, and besides that one bomb, our defense DOMINATED.

I will continue to say, THIS TEAM IS CURSED.

2 pick 6's on the two opening drives, then a missed PAT to lose.... LOL. Cursedddddddd.

Anyway, does help the draft pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                        If it makes anyone feel any better, we're back in the Patrick Peterson sweepstakes.
                        Especially with Detroit winning. I think we jumped ahead of them now.

Comment

• I don't know about anyone else, but I was rooting for the Cardinals with everything I had. With the glut of likely 5-11 and 6-10 teams, one win can literally mean 5-7 draft spots.

What I want to see from this team, ideally, is a good measure of fight, compete in every game, and still lose. That's happening. That game last night was the ideal. We dominated the action, controlled the ball most of the night, won every phase of the game but TOs. And even after everything, we put ourselves in position to win the game at the end.

Buehler obviously is on his last straw. We shouldn't waste our investment by cutting him now, but we absolutely should bring in a vet during the off season and watch how it plays out during camp and pre season next year. If the light bulb doesn't go on for him by the beginning of the year, you cut your loses and stick with the solid vet.

This team, though, has shown a lot of good signs. This year has just been one of those seasons. But in terms of building next year's team, we have a QB, an elite core of offensive weapons including possibly the best receiving corps in the league, what should be the makings of an elite pass rush (I have no explanation for their performance this year), and some guys that should be a lot better in coverage.

Really, all we need is an elite guy in the secondary to hold things together along with another solid veteran safety to round things out, and then a couple quality guys on the offensive line.

We really aren't that far off. The biggest issue with the team--the absolute lack of discipline and accountability by the coaching staff--has been corrected since Garrett has had the reins. If that can be carried over to next season, we can jump right back up to playoff contention.

The bottom line, guys, is that this is a league where a team like Atlanta can look feeble and fatally flawed one year, and then dominate the conference en route to the #1 seed the next. Every year there are 2 or 3 teams that go from mediocre or even terrible to contenders the next year.

Dallas has the makings. If we can find a way to get Peterson (or Amukamara) to add to the secondary, add a solid tackle in the 2nd round and sign a solid guard and safety in FA, we could be a 11 or 12 win team next season. There is a ton of good players on this roster.
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Trading Witten is just unconscionable. And not p/o realty as long as he's the object of local media & Jerry's knobslobber wet dreams. Guy's a damn hero, face it, he will be a Boy for life.

Buehler obviously is on his last straw. We shouldn't waste our investment by cutting him now, but we absolutely should bring in a vet during the off season and watch how it plays out during camp and pre season next year. If the light bulb doesn't go on for him by the beginning of the year, you cut your loses and stick with the solid vet.
                            Or pick the apple off the tree instead of out of a barrel of rotten ones..... some good kickers, like Kai Forbath, UCLA, will be there in the 6th-7th rds, & there will be plenty of comp picks to go around. Buehler is totally unreliable & isn't an NFL quality player. Dump him now!

And it looks like a mid-rounder has to go for QB depth as well -- 2 pick 6s in the 1st 2 plays? And remember that Kitna is 38. Romo goes down again & it's -- tilt! season over. Call it risk mitigation with Romo's injury history.
                            Last edited by LizardState; 12-26-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsc1600 View Post
                              Especially with Detroit winning. I think we jumped ahead of them now.
                              Yea I think right now it stands:

1. Carolina
                              2. Denver
                              3. Cinci
                              4. Buffalo
                              5. Arizona
                              6. SF
                              7. Dallas
                              8. Cleveland
                              9. Detroit
                              10. Minnesota

ARI and SF play next week so one of them has to lose, I actually think if ARI wins we can leapfrog both of them based on SoS. Buffalo plays the Jets next week and with the Jets already locked into the 6th seed they don't have much to play for, maybe BUF plays some inspired football and upsets them. DEN and CIN have to win out. Obviously some things need to happen in our favor but you gotta feel better about your chances at Peterson now that DET is out of the way, they were a team that 100% would take him.

With the letdown season we had us fans deserve PP in the draft.
                              Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• That's a great plan DMW.

Does head to head match up have anything to do with draft order, or that only applies to making the playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information