This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    As it looks right now, we should be able to get our hands on either Prince or PP, knock on wood.

Now, let's hope jerry pick's them.

If Luck dominates in his bowl game, I don't see why he doesn't come out. He will be #1 overall, top 3 at worst if carolina believes in jimmy clausen.

No point in staying, plus harbaugh could be leaving.
    I'm not big on Prince, to me he doesn't warrant a top 10 pick. If we can't get Peterson then I'm fully committed to Quinn. I've never been a believer in Spencer, he's an average to below average player. Spencer cannot beat 1 on 1 blocks, and it has greatly minimized our pass rush. We were a much better pass rushing team when Ellis was playing opposite Ware because he could actually get to the QB.

Even if we picked Quinn over Peterson I would be a little shocked, but would understand why. Quinn immediately makes your pass defense better and just think of how many more 1on1 opportunites Ware would get with that type of threat opposite him, and then all of a sudden Jay Ratliff becomes relevent again.

Bottom line, if we're using our 1st rounder to improve the front 7, then Quinn is your man. Plus, there are some good safeties that will be available when we pick in round 2. Maybe we can land a pair of TarHeels in the first 2 rounds.
    Cowboys Mock:
    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
      I'm not big on Prince, to me he doesn't warrant a top 10 pick. If we can't get Peterson then I'm fully committed to Quinn. I've never been a believer in Spencer, he's an average to below average player. Spencer cannot beat 1 on 1 blocks, and it has greatly minimized our pass rush. We were a much better pass rushing team when Ellis was playing opposite Ware because he could actually get to the QB.

Even if we picked Quinn over Peterson I would be a little shocked, but would understand why. Quinn immediately makes your pass defense better and just think of how many more 1on1 opportunites Ware would get with that type of threat opposite him, and then all of a sudden Jay Ratliff becomes relevent again.

Bottom line, if we're using our 1st rounder to improve the front 7, then Quinn is your man. Plus, there are some good safeties that will be available when we pick in round 2. Maybe we can land a pair of TarHeels in the first 2 rounds.
      No, if the pick is addressing our front 7 i'm taking nick fairley.

And you don't like Prince? He looks like the next Revis. He's a top 10 prospect, with elite skills, and he works hard and doesn't have an attitude.

Peterson way have a bit, a very little bit, more athletiscism but i'll jizz in my pants if we can get either.

Comment

No, if the pick is addressing our front 7 i'm taking nick fairley.

And you don't like Prince? He looks like the next Revis. He's a top 10 prospect, with elite skills, and he works hard and doesn't have an attitude.

Peterson way have a bit, a very little bit, more athletiscism but i'll jizz in my pants if we can get either.
        Why do you rule out Quinn? I would label Spencer a bust at this point and his inability to consistently rush the passer is really hurting us. He doesn't make any plays. Pass rusher > 5 Tech in the top 10.

And for Prince I just don't see how he's the next Revis, he struggled in both the Big 12 Championship and Oklahoma St. game. He doesn't create enough turnovers which is something that our next DB must bring to the table.

Also, I have every intention of Peterson playing FS for us, not CB. I'm not ready to give up on Jenkins or Scandrick yet, let those guys play with some adequete safeties behind them and watch Jenkins get back to his in-your-face style of play. Scandrick is still servicable and has played much better down the stretch. CB is probably our 4th or 5th need.
        Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• I still have Prince over Peterson. The only way IMO you can have Peterson as a corner over Prince is if you are a press man coverage team. But if you are a team that plays off man, zone, press so a variety of coverages you have to have Prince higher. He's more technically sound, quicker, and more fluid in addition to being a hard worker a person of good character. Those hips of Peterson cause him to struggle against quicker WR's. I still believe as a corner I'd rather even have Janoris Jenkins. As a safety he's a top 5 player in this draft. Not a big Robert Quinn fan to be honest. Doesnt jump out to me as an elite 3-4OLB prospect.

Comment

• According to Jason LaCanfora, if Jeff Fisher loses his job in Tennessee Jerry Jones would really think hard about signing him. He said that Jerry liked Garrett's job so far, but that Fisher is closer and might be the choice for Jerry. Personally I'd love to have Fisher over Garrett. He's got the experience, and he comes from a great defensive background. I think he'd be great here.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
              According to Jason LaCanfora, if Jeff Fisher loses his job in Tennessee Jerry Jones would really think hard about signing him. He said that Jerry liked Garrett's job so far, but that Fisher is closer and might be the choice for Jerry. Personally I'd love to have Fisher over Garrett. He's got the experience, and he comes from a great defensive background. I think he'd be great here.
              Not a fan! What has Fisher done? 1 SB Loss in how many years? He is overrated IMO. I still want Gruden, but thats just me.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Fisher and Garrett top my list. I love how physical Fishers' defense are consistently. That's a team thing, he drafts well(from what I can remember), and his teams are consistently in the running in a tough division, with either a young QB in Young or over the hill QB in Collins.

I want Garrett, but...I would not be mad with Fisher.

Comment

• The vikings with 6 wins helps, but now the eagles have nothing to play for..

Damnit!

Comment

The vikings with 6 wins helps, but now the eagles have nothing to play for..

Damnit!
                    Also helps our SOS because we play Philly twice, it's pretty tight with picks 3-6 up for grabs heading into next week.

And it's Dallas-Philly you're crazy if you think both teams won't bring their A games!
                    Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                      Also helps our SOS because we play Philly twice, it's pretty tight with picks 3-6 up for grabs heading into next week.

And it's Dallas-Philly you're crazy if you think both teams won't bring their A games!
                      Vick looked really banged up. We may see Kolb next week.

By the way, I have argued against those who would have liked the team to tank the 2nd half of the year to get a high pick, and I stand by that argument. However, the price of winning this week's game, which could be us falling to 13-14 range is way too steep. First and hopefully last time I will be cheering for the Eagles this week.
                      Last edited by dsc1600; 12-28-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                        Not a fan! What has Fisher done? 1 SB Loss in how many years? He is overrated IMO. I still want Gruden, but thats just me.
                        Fisher has always had the Titans as a contender among some serious powerhouse teams in the AFC like the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers. Sure, his teams have had some down years, but many times the Titans were serious competitors. What slowed him down was injuries and trying to build a young QB. Losing McNair really hurt them, but I don't think that Jerry would leave him hanging if Romo were to go down.

Besides, there is a serious amount of young talent on offense that would keep them from collapsing for a while. Dez is going to be elite, Miles is great with Romo, Witten is as reliable as they come, and both Felix and Choice are a good tandem. The offense is set for him besides an O-line. He really just needs to focus on getting the D better, and he could make them great again without having to slow them down.

Gruden on the other hand isn't too bad, but he worries me more than Fisher does because he really fell off in Tampa after the super bowl. He didn't build the offense like he should have, and he play musical chairs at quarterback way too much. He wasn't great at drafting like Fisher was, and that's a concern for me. I wouldn't mind him because he looked like he'd be a Hall of Famer early in his career with the Raiders to the Bucs, but he didn't really break through like I thought he would have. Maybe if they could get Holmgren away from Cleveland to be GM with Gruden I'd really get behind him, but we all know that won't happen. Now if Gruden was coach and he hired a defensive great like Rob Ryan, then he'd probably have a really great start.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Philly radio is already saying Reid has decided to rest the starters next week. Kind of ticks me off. If we are going to win I want it to mean something especially at the cost of what could be 8 draft spots. Now we may win a meaningless game for both teams and find ourselves sitting around the 12 or 13 spot come April.
                          Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• I'm so pissed. Kolb is capable of beating us though.

Comment

• Here's the full game of the LSU-Alabama game, in case anyone wanted to review the Peterson-Jones matchup.

http://www.lsusports.net/mediaPortal...dbml?id=732501
                              Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• I'm so pissed right now. If we win this game and end up around pick 12... i'll probably shoot a baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information