This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
    The folks arguing 3-4 versus 4-3 and getting all excited about it with the SAME EXACT PLAYERS playing more or less the same positions .... Ug.

So it is good T New said their are a lot of players talking that are getting abused on the field?

You think this good news? Wow, you sound like a therapist raving over breakthroughs on the couch.

I would venture T New is talking about a few of his friends on D as well as TO.
    Um excuse me....there is a difference in 3 lineman or 4. Big one. The Cowboys are struggling stopping the run because they are not getting a push from the D-Line, having an extra lineman would help that cause, and Ware is a natural DE anyways.
    "Red Ball"

Comment

• This and next year

We are all getting real technical about what the Cowboys need and I really enjoy reading all of this. But lets concentrate on the team and discuss positives as well. Remember we werent going to the Super Bowl this year.....We are still a long team with a great future with many good things. I admit we let a good opportunity pass us. We were still going to be only a 3seed and the farest we will drop is 5 seed. We have a good solid QB that time will tell if he is the real deal. RB...we could improve in tis area. WR....no matter what we are still dangerous. I think if we win 1 playoff game I will be happy......and say we had a good season with plenty of things to look forward too. Next year...we need to go OL or OT and a pass rushing LB...or Ellis. We just need to be positive and stop all this bashing...we are still a good solid team.

Come playoff time...teams get exposed...it happens every year. jsut like Chicago will (maybe) San Deigo....etc...playoffs are differet and weeks 15-16 are like playoffs......

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
        Thread I miss it

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• For those of you that think Romo is the heir apparent to Staubch and Aikman you are wrong.

In his first five starts, Romo connected on 10 touchdowns, had two interceptions and was sacked just six times. In his last four games, he has thrown just four touchdowns with seven interceptions, and as mobile as he is, he's been sacked nine times.

Its because teams have now figured this guy out by watching enough tape.

He is a very pedestrian QB folks, just look at his mechanics, his feet and release. He is a gunslinger throwing into double coverage all the time, this guy is NOT a "Franchise" QB. Yes he is much better with our horrid line than Bledsoe but if you think this guy is the one to lead us for the next 12 years you are very wrong. This team still needs a QB with the complete package. I hope they find a way to get a future leader in the draft, like trading for the #1 pick even if it means giving up the next two years and starting over. This team has no chance with the current coach, or that sorry 3-4 defense. Lets start over and build this thing right not spend the next 3 years going 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 one and done.....year after year.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylor03
            For those of you that think Romo is the heir apparent to Staubch and Aikman you are wrong.

In his first five starts, Romo connected on 10 touchdowns, had two interceptions and was sacked just six times. In his last four games, he has thrown just four touchdowns with seven interceptions, and as mobile as he is, he's been sacked nine times.

He is a very pedestrian QB folks, just look at his mechanics, his feet and release. He is a gunslinger throwing into double coverage all the time, this guy is NOT a "Franchise" QB. Yes he is much better with our horrid line than Bledsoe but if you think this guy is the one to lead us for the next 12 years you are very wrong. This team still needs a QB with the complete package. I hope they find a way to get a future leader in the draft, like trading for the #1 pick even if it means giving up the next two years and starting over. This team has no chance with the current coach, or that sorry 3-4 defense. Lets start over and build this thing right not spend the next 3 years going 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 one and done.....year after year.
            Isn't Favre a gunslinger with bad mechanics?

Comment

• Originally posted by taylor03
              For those of you that think Romo is the heir apparent to Staubch and Aikman you are wrong.

God we're so terrible... I hope we get Brady Quinn with the #1 overall pick we're getting...

Wait a sec... Playoffs?

BTW, Parcells has won the SB in the 4th year with every team he has been with.

Comment

• A couple of points I would like to make

- Switching to a 4-3 defense makes this defense worse. Your LBs are big strong LBs built for the 3-4, you can't just switch over to the 4-3 and not get torched. Your LBs are too slow for the 4-3, and your DEs (Ware and Spears) are not built to be 4-3 DEs

- The 3-4 is fine, you just need your guys to develop quicker, better Safety play, and a DC who can get more out of them with playcalling. BP is too occupied to take over playcalling duties on defense, so I guess the only logical solution is a new DC who is experienced in the 3-4.

- Newman pretty much called out TO and Roy Williams. And he has every right to. For all the talk, TO is dropping some key balls, and Roy loves talking about how he hits people, but forgets that he can't cover a ham sandwich or tackle properly, so he needs to shut up too.

- Im surprised how the team is in so much turmoil when youre still in the playoffs. It was a demoralizing loss yes, but I don't understand the anarchy. JJ didn't make things any easier opening his idiotic botox mouth either. Thats the last thing you guys needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  A couple of points I would like to make

- Switching to a 4-3 defense makes this defense worse. Your LBs are big strong LBs built for the 3-4, you can't just switch over to the 4-3 and not get torched. Your LBs are too slow for the 4-3, and your DEs (Ware and Spears) are not built to be 4-3 DEs

- The 3-4 is fine, you just need your guys to develop quicker, better Safety play, and a DC who can get more out of them with playcalling. BP is too occupied to take over playcalling duties on defense, so I guess the only logical solution is a new DC who is experienced in the 3-4.

- Newman pretty much called out TO and Roy Williams. And he has every right to. For all the talk, TO is dropping some key balls, and Roy loves talking about how he hits people, but forgets that he can't cover a ham sandwich or tackle properly, so he needs to shut up too.

- Im surprised how the team is in so much turmoil when youre still in the playoffs. It was a demoralizing loss yes, but I don't understand the anarchy. JJ didn't make things any easier opening his idiotic botox mouth either. Thats the last thing you guys needed.
                  I agree 100% with all you said, but the turmoil has even extended to the fans on the site here and the media. I mean, some people want us to START ALL OVER AGAIN! It's a little ridiculous when we probably are going to play a very average Seattle team in the 1st round. I really think that this team still has a chance to get hot in the playoffs with all their talent and some creative scheming.

The situation isn't that bad. I think that people are starting to focus too much on a difficult matchup with Philly that entirely plays against our strengths. Think about it:

1. Philly has a huge offensive line, which overwhelmed our 3-4 in the run game and really ate up our blitzes.
                  2. Philly brings exotic blitzes and overloads at the line of scrimmage, allowing for continuous pressure on Romo which contributed to him never getting settled in the pocket.
                  3. West Coast style offense murders the 3-4 ILBs.
                  4. CBs in Sheppard and Brown allow them to play man-to-man, opening up blitz possibilities.
                  5. Garcia's mobility...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    A couple of points I would like to make

Very good points. I guess it's the nature of the beast, or the nature of the Dallas Cowboy fan. I cannot stress enough the importance of bringing someone in here who is schooled in the 3-4. We are wasting our talent.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                    Albert Camus

Comment

• Question:

Who are some 3-4 guys that we might wanna bring in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble
                        Question:

Good question. I'm not sure who will be available. My dream would be Cowher leaving this year, and us getting Dick LeBeau. I guess that's possible. I don't believe the Steelers would be interested in hiring LeBeau as head coach.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                        Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
                          Originally posted by Gribble
                          Question:

Good question. I'm not sure who will be available. My dream would be Cowher leaving this year, and us getting Dick LeBeau. I guess that's possible. I don't believe the Steelers would be interested in hiring LeBeau as head coach.
                          I was actually thinking about LeBeau myself. He'd be an ideal candidate for the defensive coordinator position. Also, keep in mind that Romeo Crennel might get canned this year as well. And he has a past with BP.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod
                            Originally posted by Poet3334
                            Originally posted by Gribble
                            Question:

I was actually thinking about LeBeau myself. He'd be an ideal candidate for the defensive coordinator position. Also, keep in mind that Romeo Crennel might get canned this year as well. And he has a past with BP.
                            Good call

Albert Camus

Comment

• What's everyone's take On BP's press conference yesterday? He said he's going to do something about the lack of pressure. What do you think it'll be? Maybe a little 4-3?

Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                                The folks arguing 3-4 versus 4-3 and getting all excited about it with the SAME EXACT PLAYERS playing more or less the same positions .... Ug.

So it is good T New said their are a lot of players talking that are getting abused on the field?

You think this good news? Wow, you sound like a therapist raving over breakthroughs on the couch.

I would venture T New is talking about a few of his friends on D as well as TO.
                                Um excuse me....there is a difference in 3 lineman or 4. Big one. The Cowboys are struggling stopping the run because they are not getting a push from the D-Line, having an extra lineman would help that cause, and Ware is a natural DE anyways.
                                So same players, same place on field with different titles is important? Wow.

We already play a modified 4 3 on long dowms so ....

This is a uninteresting discussion,

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information