• Show
Clear All

• I have a feeling it's going to be Mike Zimmer
    Cowboys Mock:
    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Huge fan of Capers as a DC I hope we go that route. As far as on offense I wouldn't mind bringing someone with some clout in as a 'running game coordinator' and having him split playcalling duties with Garrett :P
      Originally posted by D-Unit
      I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Nah, no way I see Zimmer back here. That would be a horrible move and I'd be pissed.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Nah, no way I see Zimmer back here. That would be a horrible move and I'd be pissed.
          I'd hate it too but we can't rule that out, he's a Jerry guy.
          Cowboys Mock:
          1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
          2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
          3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Yea but I don't always think he's hired that way in the past. Wade wasn't a Jerry guy before he came here, he was a Jerry type of coach but they had no prior ties. I don't think he is only looking to hire coaches he's worked with and I think he's fully open to the idea of giving new guys a shot.

All that said if he were to go that route Capers has stronger ties to Jerry then Zimmer because Capers was nearly on our staff prior. I don't think he has intentions of switching up the scheme but I guess anything can happen. There are a bunch of 3-4 guys out there who would love to work with what we have.

It might look bad now, but Wade had this D playing at a top 5 level at different times and spurts and we still had bad Safety play then. 1 impact player in the top 10, and a deep center fielder that can make plays on bad throws, and were back in business.

Keeping the 3-4, getting fresh blood as a coordinator, then coming away with either Peterson or Dareus in the 1st, gives us plenty of talent to work with. Only way I would have been open to a switch is if the HC was bringing it in with him(ie Jeff Fisher).

Comment

• I'd expect Jason to promote his brother. Get him on the NFL fast track cycle, and give him exposure. Jason is a good hire because if anything he disagrees with Jerry on things or has an opinion, Jerry will think twice based on the relationship he has with the family. I am interested in seeing how he does for you guys.

Comment

• Well guys, we get a great look at Stephen McGee here. I've always liked the guy, felt MOTH was a bit too hard on him in the pre-season but he looked good last week and he has some tools to work with. Do I want to rely on him to be a future starter? Hell no. But we took him in the 4th to develop him and he's developed up to this point, how much is the question.

Hopefully he can continue to get better then in 2-3 years see what we have, but it's not like he is gonna be expected to start for us until 3 years at minimum.

Also Banning your probably right, I should expect his brother to get promoted, I just wouldn't know how to feel since I don't even know what type of job he'd do. It's not always about a flashy name that common fans know and can get excited about.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Well guys, we get a great look at Stephen McGee here. I've always liked the guy, felt MOTH was a bit too hard on him in the pre-season but he looked good last week and he has some tools to work with. Do I want to rely on him to be a future starter? Hell no. But we took him in the 4th to develop him and he's developed up to this point, how much is the question.

Hopefully he can continue to get better then in 2-3 years see what we have, but it's not like he is gonna be expected to start for us until 3 years at minimum.

Also Banning your probably right, I should expect his brother to get promoted, I just wouldn't know how to feel since I don't even know what type of job he'd do. It's not always about a flashy name that common fans know and can get excited about.

I coached under him that day. Great guy, good motivator, and knows his stuff. I think under his brother both guys could do something good to that offense.

He is good with Xs and Os. He changed up the playbook and gave the position coaches new plays he drew up and we had to memorize that stuff. But I was impressed with him overall. He is well respected by Witten.

Comment

• We better lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      We better lose.
                      Better bench Ware then....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Erik Walden, former 6th rd pick in 2008 of ours is playing really well for Green Bay today.

Comment

• Native Texan and big Cowboys fan Kevin Kolb didn't get the memo that you guys want to lose today. He's doing his best to give you the game!

Comment

• i'll be pissed if we win this game. come on...

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                              i'll be pissed if we win this game. come on...
                              McGee against a lot of backups: 7/19 for 81 yds. And we're still in this thing!

Thank God Buehler continues to suck.

Comment

• thank you buehler.

was newman's pick nice? i dont have the game in CT

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information