Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess we should just lose every game every year and we will always have the #1 pick....

As a kid u play to win...(to have fun) but u play to win....we all play to win.....playing to lose makes no sense. nobody can possibly to it. so to be all pissed cause they lost and they cost themselves a top 6 pick makes no sense......u pick were ever and u pick the best player u can get......after so many years of watching the draft....most teams know who they want and they get who they want. I have never seen a draft where the players get drafted in rank order...it doesn't happen..... we still have a shot and any player...it all much u want that player..

Comment

• The best we could have done was pick 6th. Don't think Peterson would have fallen to 6th, but who knows. If teams in front of us fall in love with the 4 QBs, we might be able to get a Dareus or Prince anyway.

Comment

• Holy overboard. Not just D-Unit either. Really a pissing contest in the middle of a thread? Can't we mature a tad and treat the thread as better than some off-topic "Lets test my epeen"?

Winning this game sucks. Was pissed. Got over it. You play the game to win, or play your best. Asking your players to do anything less is treasoness to say the least. I was hoping, wishing, and envisioning a loss and a top 5 pick but alas it wasn't in the cards. Besides I think placing 3rd in the NFC East sucks worse than the pick change. Instead of the Carolina Panthers we get the Bucs. Instead of the lowly Vikings we get the resurgent Lions. But that's another topic entirely.
        Originally posted by D-Unit
        I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
          Here's just one reason how a few spots hurts you.

The Redskins, who just recently moved to a 3-4 and have the same needs as us, will be picking in front of us in each round and have their pick of player at probably the same positions we'll be looking at.
          Wrong...Same record....comes down to strength of schedule.

Here's the draft order:
          1. Carolina Panthers (2-14)
          2. Denver Broncos (4-12)
          3. Buffalo Bills (4-12)
          4. Cincinnati Bengals (4-12)
          5. Arizona Cardinals (5-11)
          6. Cleveland Browns (5-11)
          7. San Francisco 49ers (6-10)
          8. Seattle Seahawks (With loss to Rams) (6-9)
          9. Tennessee Titans (6-10)
          10. Dallas Cowboys (6-10)
          11. Washington Redskins (6-10)
          12. Houston Texans (6-10)
          13. Minnesota Vikings (6-10)
          14. Detroit Lions (6-10)
          15. Miami Dolphins (7-9)
          16. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-8)
          17. Oakland Raiders (NWE) (8-8)
          18. San Diego Chargers (9-7)
          19. New York Giants (10-6)
          20. Tampa Bay Bucs (10-6)
          21. St. Louis Rams (With win over Seahawks) (7-8)*
          22. Indianapolis Colts (10-6)*
          23. Green Bay Packers (10-6)*
          24. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6)*
          25. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)*
          26. New York Jets (11-5)*
          27. New Orleans Saints (11-5)*
          28. Chicago Bears (11-5)*
          29. Baltimore Ravens (12-4)*
          30. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)*
          31. Atlanta Falcons (13-3)*
          32. New England Patriots (14-2)*
          Seahawks win tonight and Dallas will draft at #9 instead of #10...Still ahead of the Skins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
            Yay! Cowboys aren't getting Patrick Peterson, barring a massive trade-up.
            Hmmm... infraction for trolling? What do you think guys?

Comment

• Have to admit, I was very disappointed. Didn't watch the game, because I couldn't stand the thought of rooting against my team so fervently. Still...the one consolation here is that this isn't the NBA. Elite talents fall out of the top 5 all the time and you can get the best player in the draft @ 9 almost as easily as at #1. Really, the only time you want to be at the top is if you're looking for a QB, because the best QB in the draft is often the first pick in that draft.

I have to admit, though, I can't ever complain too much about a win over the Eagles, and seeing Garrett take this team and win at a playoff caliber level after all that has happened this season is nice consolation for next year. With all the injured guys back, a competent coaching staff in place, and (hopefully) a strong draft class in tow, we are in great shape for next year. We've got to do something about this defense, especially the secondary. If we can get that done, the sky's the limit for next season. Soooooo happy that Wade is gone.
              Originally posted by 21ST
              He was protecting his self
              Originally posted by tjsunstein
              From what? His leg?
              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Had some time to think it over and I'll go ahead and swallow that pride pill here. Turning the season around after that Packer game seemed impossible at that point and I think the team got some pride back. 5-3 over the second half of the season with your back up QB is impressive, Garrett's earned his shot. Peterson would have been awesome and I have a man crush on him, but there are other directions we can go in that can help our team. Definitely had a knee-jerk reaction after the game but I am excited about what we can do next year.
                Cowboys Mock:
                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• 2011 Draft

Well lets hope that Seattle can keep the lead. As soon as that game is over we can begin the man crush.

So lets start with a list of 3 players if we pick 9 that we can get...

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken the win today cost us 3 spots. From 6 to 9 correct?

Comment

• Final Pick

We Are Picking 9th.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrlopez1 View Post
                        We Are Picking 9th.
                        Bring on Marcell Dareus!!
                        Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                          If I'm not mistaken the win today cost us 3 spots. From 6 to 9 correct?
                          Assuming Cleveland's SOS was better(which I'm pretty sure it is), yes
                          Last edited by bigmac076; 01-02-2011, 11:38 PM.

Comment

I am pretty sure we are picking 9th. I also think we are picking before Washington.

Anybody confirm!

Comment

• well we were 1 pick ahead of Washington last week, and their SOS couldn't have changed much opposed to ours, if at all.

Comment

• Yes we're picking 9th
                                Cowboys Mock:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information