Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know who I want most in the draft at 9. I'm still bummed.

DE is such a risky gamble. Look back at history at the past busts along the DL in round 1. It's crazy. I don't want to waste this pick on a bust. I'd much rather wait on that position.

OLB... let's just say this... I hate Spencer, but if we draft an OLB here, like Quinn, I will laugh at how stupid this franchise continues to be. Victor Butler continues to be the forgotten man. He might be the only good thing to come out of the 2009 draft, but he doesn't even get quality playing time. So yeah, we better not draft an OLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I don't know who I want most in the draft at 9. I'm still bummed.

DE is such a risky gamble. Look back at history at the past busts along the DL in round 1. It's crazy. I don't want to waste this pick on a bust. I'd much rather wait on that position.

OLB... let's just say this... I hate Spencer, but if we draft an OLB here, like Quinn, I will laugh at how stupid this franchise continues to be. Victor Butler continues to be the forgotten man. He might be the only good thing to come out of the 2009 draft, but he doesn't even get quality playing time. So yeah, we better not draft an OLB.
      Yea but Spencer is JAG as far as I'm concerned and Butler will never be anything more than a situational rusher. If Quinn's BPA, Spencer and Butler shouldn't stop you from taking him.
      Cowboys Mock:
      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Quick Jerry! Hire Eric Mangini as DC!!! Do it NOW if you've got half a brain left!
        This is something I'd be on board with.
        Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• WE CAN'T TAKE QUINN. that is way to much of a luxury for this team.

we need to see what we do in FA too first.

Plus, can we really take a CB?

Think about it. Newman will be back. So if you take Prince or someone at 9, is the 9th overall pick gonna be your 4th corner?

Comment

but if we draft an OLB here, like Quinn, I will laugh at how stupid this franchise continues to be.
            You wouldn't laugh when Quinn would eat quarterbacks. He's good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
              WE CAN'T TAKE QUINN. that is way to much of a luxury for this team.

we need to see what we do in FA too first.

Plus, can we really take a CB?

Think about it. Newman will be back. So if you take Prince or someone at 9, is the 9th overall pick gonna be your 4th corner?
              It's actually not a luxury, our pass rush has been flat out bad this year. Spencer cannot defeat 1on1s, he probably sees more 1on1s than any other pass rusher in the NFL yet all he can give us is 15 sacks in 4 years. No thanks, I'll take the guy who would actually gives teams something to account for opposite Ware, Robert Quinn.

I also don't think as highly of Prince as most, he doesn't belong in the top 10 imo.
              Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                Quinn and Ware would rape and pilage backfields for many years.
                Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  Hard to say. Quinn played on an extremely talented defense. He might look better on film than he actually is on his own. Plus, I don't know if he has enough range to be a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                    It's actually not a luxury, our pass rush has been flat out bad this year. Spencer cannot defeat 1on1s, he probably sees more 1on1s than any other pass rusher in the NFL yet all he can give us is 15 sacks in 4 years. No thanks, I'll take the guy who would actually gives teams something to account for opposite Ware, Robert Quinn.

I also don't think as highly of Prince as most, he doesn't belong in the top 10 imo.
                    Pass rush is bad because QBs don't need a lot of time to find an open receiver. Our secondary hasn't been able to cover anyone all year.

Comment

• I think replacing spencer is to much of a luxury for this team right now. We agree to disagree on that Finisher.

I like fairley, PP, or Prince at 9. If not, trade down into the teens or around 20, and take Sherrod or Carimi.

Comment

• What makes ya'll think Garrett is going to hire an OC? I think he will continue in that role.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Pass rush is bad because QBs don't need a lot of time to find an open receiver. Our secondary hasn't been able to cover anyone all year.
                          It usually goes hand in hand, I agree the coverage has been bad as well. I guess it will come down to what our staff values more, IMO pass rush > coverage.

It's also a lot easier to patch up a secondary through FA than it is to find a legit pass rusher through FA.

Also, do not underestimate to suckiness of Alan Ball and its ripple effects. Let's bring in a solid vet to play FS and see what happens.
                          Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                            What makes ya'll think Garrett is going to hire an OC? I think he will continue in that role.
                            That's an awful lot for a young coach like Garrett to handle on his own.
                            Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Also, you guys do realize there will be no FA avalible unless the Collective Bargaining Agreement is signed, right? There is little chance of that happening before the draft so we will have no idea of who's avalible and we will have to draft without knowing how we can improve our team.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                                That's an awful lot for a young coach like Garrett to handle on his own.
                                Yeah, not saying its a good idea, I just dont see him giving up those duties.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information