Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really want him to get an OC. If he can't get Chryst then he should promote his brother or Sherman. He needs someone to help with the offensive gameplan so that he doesn't spend all his time with one side of the ball. Having a vet in the coaching staff would help ease the pains of being a young head coach. That's why I really wanted someone like Rob Ryan or Mike Nolan as the DC.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• From garretts presser.

Will you be the offensive coordinator?

Yes.
      One thing that should be interesting is that Wes Phillips is the offensive quality control coach. I don't buy him being here next year...we will have opening on our staff. Just something to keep in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
        From garretts presser.

One thing that should be interesting is that Wes Phillips is the offensive quality control coach. I don't buy him being here next year...we will have opening on our staff. Just something to keep in mind.
        There goes running the ball more. LOL.

Expect the same ole, same ole on offense. Predictability and a lot of passing.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          From garretts presser.

Hmmmm who would have thought? :roll:

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
            The "Cowboy Way" comment was what got me most excited. I was already behind him, but yea. That and how he said training camp will be "hard, demanding, and will prepare them for 16 weeks of football".
            I agree, this was definately lacking with our team the past few years. I'm glad it won't be this camp cupcake stuff anymore, or no hitting, or practicing without pads. Maybe we do get more injuries, but I certainly think it'll be a welcomed change around here.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Just listened to the press conference. I am excited. The guy is a boss.

D-Unit, I think Garrett will run the ball more now. He understand's what needs to be done. It's way different as a head coach.

Besides, those pass happy days didn't include Dez Bryant. So with him on the field... I honestly don't care if we threw it every play.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                Just listened to the press conference. I am excited. The guy is a boss.

D-Unit, I think Garrett will run the ball more now. He understand's what needs to be done. It's way different as a head coach.

Besides, those pass happy days didn't include Dez Bryant. So with him on the field... I honestly don't care if we threw it every play.
                If we patch up this offensive line, we'll be able to do whatever the hell we wanna do on offense.
                Cowboys Mock:
                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Just listened to the press conference. I am excited. The guy is a boss.

I'm not being a debbie downer. Garrett's offense works. Putting up points is not a problem. Stopping others from scoring is. Garrett's style is actually very "new school"... as this league is really becoming a passing friendly league. I just need to get used to passing on 3rd and short and in the redzone. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    I'm not being a debbie downer. Garrett's offense works. Putting up points is not a problem. Stopping others from scoring is. Garrett's style is actually very "new school"... as this league is really becoming a passing friendly league. I just need to get used to passing on 3rd and short and in the redzone. lol.
                    Yea, I don't think folks realize the Cowboys haven't been lower than 13th offensively since Garrett started calling the plays. Some of his playcalling is questionable in certain situations, and I hate how he gets fancy and over thinks himself sometimes.

But overall...we're not the Redskins/Dolphins/Titans week in and week out struggling to put up points.
                    Last edited by FreshBoy!; 01-07-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Did he say who the DC was going to be?

Comment

• There was a report from John Clayton that if Miami had canned Sparano, we were ready to take their entire defensive staff. We were secretly going after Nolan, that would have been perfect, damnit...... i guess good news is Jason obviously knows our current defensive staff is trash.
                        Cowboys Mock:
                        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Just finished watching the presser good stuff! Jerrah is giddy! haha. Nice shout out to Jim Garrett with regards to scouting.

Comment

• Dude, even as a Giants fan you must admit. GARRETT IS MOTHER ******* BOSS!!!!!!

So pumped to watch a real team play now.

Comment

Dude, even as a Giants fan you must admit. GARRETT IS MOTHER ******* BOSS!!!!!!

So pumped to watch a real team play now.
                              LOL. I know this. Ask D-Unit or Longhorns, I been saying Garrett would be a good coach for a while now. I got a chance to work him and John, and his father interviewed me for the NFL. I heard Jim Garrett give an inspirational speech at his coaching thing. Jason is basically a carbon copy of his dad. He looks like him, and exudes the same confidence or swagger.

Let's put it this way. I'd be very surprised if he failed as a HC. I know first time HCs may not do well, and do well at the second spot, and very well could be true, but I thin Jason is good enough to do well first time around.

Comment

• Who started this crap about Chryst?

The same dude that got thoroughly outcoached by Gary Patterson?

Um, No.
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information