Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Sherman has been let go...it's unclear if it's his choice or Garretts....

Interesting.

Comment

• Here's some DC news:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

They like Nolan, but it's probably gonna be Bowles. I have no problem with bowles.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
        Damn finisher you beat me to it. I just saw that on the bottom line.

That would eliminate so many problems and free us up for so much else on draft day.

One of the big players needs to be signed. Whether it be him, Mankins, Ngata, etc.

LET'S GO JERRY.

EDIT: Who would you rather have, Nmandi or Peterson?...

I think a better question is Aso or Mankins. Because we could still possibly get Aso and PP together, but were only gonna get 1 of the big FA's we won't get two. If Aso is only there sure go balls out, but if both are there I'd take Mankins over Aso 10 times out of 10.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Same, because o-line is a much bigger need than CB imo, I think the secondary problems are at safety.

Jerry had been loud about making changes and getting things done, so hopefully that means he gets to work in FA.

Comment

• Thing that worries me with Mankins is that he'll likely get tagged and try to be traded which there is a good chance of. If we did get Aso(which btw who could hate that move) I'd want to move up for PP/Fairley/Dareus whoever grades out the highest to us. I know it would cost something to get to the 3-5 range but it would be close to making our defense elite with the right DC. I would want a game changer, Jenkins is much better on the #2 with safety help for his aggressive play, and Newman can play in the slot and Scandrick is a great #4 who I still think is gonna get better.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Getting Asomugha would be sweet, but to me, that would end our pursuit of Peterson or Prince. You just can't throw that much money on your secondary. That would free us up to take Dareus, or trade down perhaps to take a OT. Would be an interesting move, that's for sure.

Comment

• http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...was-outst.html

Interesting take on spencer and newman.

Sorry guys, but just because we want things doesn't mean the front office thinks the same way. Anthony Spencer isn't going anywhere, so forget OLB, and any dream of Quinn.

It aint happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                  http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...was-outst.html

Interesting take on spencer and newman.

Sorry guys, but just because we want things doesn't mean the front office thinks the same way. Anthony Spencer isn't going anywhere, so forget OLB, and any dream of Quinn.

It aint happening.
                  David Moore is not in our front office, his opinion means jack.
                  Cowboys Mock:
                  1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                  2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                  3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Why the hell wouldn't you sign Aso and just move Newman to Safety? Jenkins, Sensy, Newman and Aso as our DB's would cut sick. Which gives us the flexibility of trading down to the late first round and nabbing a second first rounder next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by baghdadbob
                      http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...o-a-bette.html

Been saying this for some time now. Someone finally picked up on the obvious.
                      Romo- Developed IN-HOUSE
                      Barber, Felix and Choice- All drafted...
                      Austin, Dez, Hurd- All drafted(or developed IN-HOUSE)
                      Witten and Bennett- (drafted)
                      Free, Gurode(drafted)
                      Colombo and Kosier- Picked up cheaply.

Barring Olshansky the D-Line is developed through the draft.

Barring Brooking... Our LB's are developed from the draft.

Barring Sensabagh... Our DB's are drafted and developed.

The idea that this team is built on free agent aquisitions is and has always been a load of...

Comment

• Originally posted by baghdadbob
                        So do yours. But I thought we were here to share opinions (that don't matter) in order to entertain ourselves -- much like Mr Moore in his paper.
                        Click on the link and reread what I was responding to.
                        Cowboys Mock:
                        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by shane_man View Post
                          Romo- Developed IN-HOUSE
                          Barber, Felix and Choice- All drafted...
                          Austin, Dez, Hurd- All drafted(or developed IN-HOUSE)
                          Witten and Bennett- (drafted)
                          Free, Gurode(drafted)
                          Colombo and Kosier- Picked up cheaply.

Barring Olshansky the D-Line is developed through the draft.

Barring Brooking... Our LB's are developed from the draft.

Barring Sensabagh... Our DB's are drafted and developed.

The idea that this team is built on free agent aquisitions is and has always been a load of...

How many of those were developed or brought in by Parcells and his guys?

Comment

• Not Dez, and his talent owns all. Parcells probably would of bought in to the ******** that Dez has character concerns and passed on him too, which was so wrong. Parcells also missed on so much. Skylar Green? Bobby Carpenter? All the OL? Marco Rivera in FA? All the re-tread old bums he brought in that sucked but were "his guys?" Just because he is too stubborn. It's a double sided coin.

Anyway, Finisher, OLB is not happening. Wanna put a sig bet on it? It won't happen. It's stupid. This OL, secondary, and DE's need it so much more than an OLB. You can easily win a superbowl with Ware, Spencer, Butler, and Williams. It's not gonna happen, and if it does, i'll be pissed.

Comment

• And who did he hit on? Romo? And who else?

Comment

• Like I said, it's a double sided coin. Parcells was great, but he wasn't perfect, like some people like Bob seem to think. He was to old school for todays game. I don't see the dolphins lighting up the league..

Garrett is a MOTHER ******* BOSS. I'm pumped. Wade was a joke in the war room. Garrett will get the players he knows can play. I am confident in that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information