Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well pasqouloni is now as UConn so you bitches can all stop crying.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
      Well pasqouloni is now as UConn so you bitches can all stop crying.
      That's good news.

      Comment


      • Rob Ryan to interview for DC position tomorrow.




        ....


        COULD IT BE....the son of Buddy coaching the 'Boys?



        Also, Cowboys looking at the LB'ers coach of the Steelers.....That's interesting...always one of the best defenses in the league.

        Comment


        • Yeah, here you go D-Unit, don't cream your pants:

          http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...ew-with-c.html

          Rob Ryan is on his way in for an interview.

          It's been a decent amount of time... you think someone will get hired soon..

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
            Well pasqouloni is now as UConn so you bitches can all stop crying.
            Weren't you one of the guys complaining about them winning and losing out on Peterson? I don't think you have much room to call people bitches that are crying. You might hurt people's feelings, and then the dogs will be barking all night. Would you really want that from poor little Timmy O'Toole?

            Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
            Rob Ryan to interview for DC position tomorrow.




            ....


            COULD IT BE....the son of Buddy coaching the 'Boys?



            Also, Cowboys looking at the LB'ers coach of the Steelers.....That's interesting...always one of the best defenses in the league.
            I'm glad they're looking at Ryan and Butler from the Steelers. Butler is supposed to be LeBeau's eventual successor, so I don't know how likely it is that he would leave his mentor. If they can get him I'd be extremely excited. I can only imagine that LeBeau's genius has rubbed off on him in the six years that they've been coaching together. I'm not naive enough to think that he's the next Lebeau because he's coached with him, but I'm pretty sure that learning from one of the all time greats is one of the best things for an up and coming coordinator.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

            Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

            Comment


            • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
              Weren't you one of the guys complaining about them winning and losing out on Peterson? I don't think you have much room to call people bitches that are crying. You might hurt people's feelings, and then the dogs will be barking all night. Would you really want that from poor little Timmy O'Toole?



              I'm glad they're looking at Ryan and Butler from the Steelers. Butler is supposed to be LeBeau's eventual successor, so I don't know how likely it is that he would leave his mentor. If they can get him I'd be extremely excited. I can only imagine that LeBeau's genius has rubbed off on him in the six years that they've been coaching together. I'm not naive enough to think that he's the next Lebeau because he's coached with him, but I'm pretty sure that learning from one of the all time greats is one of the best things for an up and coming coordinator.
              I agree that both coaches are very good canidates for the job, but the question remains what will happen with Jay Ratliff. Both coaches run 3-4 schemes based upon a traditional nose tackle. Even if Ratliff agrees to move to DE opposite of Bowen there is still a gaping hole at NT (no pun intended) unless Price-Brent is ready to make an impact on the field.

              Comment


              • Remember. Wade didn't traditionally have a speed rusher on the inside when he came in from SD. Remember when Wade was running the Chargers D he had that big prick slapped in the middle. It was Ratliff's ridiculous motor which forced Wade to keep him in the middle. I'm pretty sure every 3-4 coaches preference is to have three space eaters on the line so the LB's can cause carnage. But it would be silly to think Ratliff will be forced to move if we get a new DC. Any new DC will keep him there because he's shown to be massively successful there.

                Comment


                • What is so special about rob ryan? Cleveland doesn't even want him back, and his defenses have always been average.... Doesn't seem to click with me.

                  And as for e-man, back up.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    Well pasqouloni is now as UConn so you bitches can all stop crying.
                    Thank God!!

                    And Ryan is coming in today too?!

                    They can't let him walk out without a deal, Rob is the best coordinator available. He's been my guy since day 1.
                    Cowboys Mock:
                    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                    Comment


                    • How though?

                      His defenses have ALWAYS been mediocre, and the BROWNS don't want him back...

                      Hes not rex.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                        How though?

                        His defenses have ALWAYS been mediocre, and the BROWNS don't want him back...

                        Hes not rex.
                        Sometimes you have to look past numbers and actually check the schemes. Rob Ryan has never had good players during his stint with the Raiders or his time with the Browns, yet he always seemed to get the most out of his players. He invented the Amobea Defense, which is as genius as it gets. It's the most unique defense to ever be implemented at the NFL level.

                        Adjustments on the fly? Ryan used two entirely different defensive gameplans in seperate halves to confuse the **** out of Tom Brady and the Patriots, he held them to 14 points.

                        He was the first one to figure out Drew Brees and the Saints when he found out how much Brees had a problem with zone blitzes and dropping lineman, the result? Every NFL defense has used that as a blueprint when playing the Saints, but none have been able to repeat the results Ryan had.

                        His schemes are diverse as it gets and he will put his players in the best position to make plays. Ryan wants to attack and confuse opposing QBs, which is why he has had so much success against top teams in the league.

                        Ryan will have this defense playing like madmen for 60 minutes. He brings that blue collar mentality and treats gamedays like bar fights, it's just us against you.

                        Not to mention his connection with Nnamdi Asomugha and how he could sway him to coming here.

                        I would've signed him yesterday.

                        EDIT: Weren't you the guy who kept saying you hated Wade's "Just line up and play" defense? lol well Ryan is the total opposite, you should be thrilled.
                        Last edited by TheFinisher; 01-14-2011, 10:02 AM.
                        Cowboys Mock:
                        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                        Comment


                        • Rob plays a ton of zone, and he's not as aggressive as you think. I've seen him rush 3, sometimes even 2 guys quite often.

                          He's good at mixing it up, but don't expect Rex Ryan. His scheme isn't as similar to Rex as people assume.

                          I think Rob is a good hire, but I think his resume isn't as good as it's perceived to be. He's bounced around a lot for a guy who's supposed to be a defensive genius.

                          A lot of staffs decided against keeping him around. And nobody was really knocking on his door this whole time, it didn't sound like many were that enthusiastic about bringing him on their staff. I'm just saying.

                          Comment


                          • I agree with BBD, but if he hasn't had as good of players as we have, and he can help swing Asomugha to come here, I'm all for it.

                            And Finisher, the points about the patriots and saints are pretty good. Got me there.

                            I'll take him or the steelers guy as long as it's anything better than last year...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                              Sometimes you have to look past numbers and actually check the schemes. Rob Ryan has never had good players during his stint with the Raiders or his time with the Browns, yet he always seemed to get the most out of his players. He invented the Amobea Defense, which is as genius as it gets. It's the most unique defense to ever be implemented at the NFL level.

                              Adjustments on the fly? Ryan used two entirely different defensive gameplans in seperate halves to confuse the **** out of Tom Brady and the Patriots, he held them to 14 points.

                              He was the first one to figure out Drew Brees and the Saints when he found out how much Brees had a problem with zone blitzes and dropping lineman, the result? Every NFL defense has used that as a blueprint when playing the Saints, but none have been able to repeat the results Ryan had.

                              His schemes are diverse as it gets and he will put his players in the best position to make plays. Ryan wants to attack and confuse opposing QBs, which is why he has had so much success against top teams in the league.

                              Ryan will have this defense playing like madmen for 60 minutes. He brings that blue collar mentality and treats gamedays like bar fights, it's just us against you.

                              Not to mention his connection with Nnamdi Asomugha and how he could sway him to coming here.

                              I would've signed him yesterday.

                              EDIT: Weren't you the guy who kept saying you hated Wade's "Just line up and play" defense? lol well Ryan is the total opposite, you should be thrilled.
                              He's been successful rebuilding defenses in Oakland & Cleveland. Although Dallas doesnt require a housecleaning or rebuilding, they do require a defensive makeover & a new attitude.

                              And as stated here before ad infinitum Rob Ryan is an instant cure for lack of toughness.

                              Comment


                              • Rob Ryan is highly overrated.
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                                -Douglas MacArthur

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information