This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Huff is better than anything we have, but that's not really saying much. I would hope for a better upgrade than him.
    Agreed 100% with this. Seriously, you can easily upgrade someone as bad as Ball. I'm not as down on Sensy as some, but he can be upgraded too. Huff is a big bust, but you can't get much worse than freaking Alan Ball.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• It's such a shame that we didn't get to see more of AOA. Would be nice if we had confidence that he could play; we could go out and get Weddle and be set with he and AOA.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Weddle is overrated. I'm honestly super surprised at the amount of love you guys are giving him. It's a weak FS class, along with a weak FA crop too. Not a good combo when we are starting Alan "I can't find the" Ball.

I'm 100% onboard with Huff. His coverage ability and range would be an instant upgrade as a center-fielder.

Per BtB they graded the 'top' safeties that should be available next year... *drum rolls*

For 2010 Quintin Mikell (SS) is listed as the top available safety by PFF metrics. The top FS is Michael Huff largely due to the 'Coverage' aspect of the rating. Weddle is right behind but very far behind in pass coverage but ahead in stopping the run.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...review-preview

I just can't get the idea of a rangy center-fielder helping force some turnovers...
        Last edited by Trogdor; 01-17-2011, 06:04 PM. Reason: Table didn't copy right...
        Originally posted by D-Unit
        I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Some things I pulled out of the btb article.

Accordingly, based on these and other stats that we'll look at later, PFF hand Sensabaugh a +7.6 grade, making Sensabaugh the 10th best safety in the league last year.
          All of this, and more stats, are summarized in PFF's final season grade of -9.7, ranking Alan Ball number 78 out of 85 safeties in 2010.
          With this FA corp and other holes on our team I think it'd be the right move to keep sensy. but it goes on to say this.

Word around Valley Ranch is that interest in re-signing the 27 year old Sensabaugh has significantly cooled, despite stat-lines that (on paper) make him look like a pretty good SS.
          Danieal Manning is a name to watch out for. I remember in the draft we looked at him a time or two in pre draft. Plus he has Kick Return skills.
          Last edited by thule; 01-17-2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
            Weddle is overrated. I'm honestly super surprised at the amount of love you guys are giving him. It's a weak FS class, along with a weak FA crop too. Not a good combo when we are starting Alan "I can't find the" Ball.

I'm 100% onboard with Huff. His coverage ability and range would be an instant upgrade as a center-fielder.

Per BtB they graded the 'top' safeties that should be available next year... *drum rolls*

For 2010 Quintin Mikell (SS) is listed as the top available safety by PFF metrics. The top FS is Michael Huff largely due to the 'Coverage' aspect of the rating. Weddle is right behind but very far behind in pass coverage but ahead in stopping the run.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...review-preview

I just can't get the idea of a rangy center-fielder helping force some turnovers...
            I know Micheal Huff got labeled as a bust after his first couple seasons but it seems like he has figured it out within the past two years. I don't know if he'll ever live up to his draft hype, but's he's been a very solid player for the Raiders and most of their fans actually want to see him resigned more than they do Nnamdi (money has a lot to do with it, but still).

Sign me up for Huff. He's a young player and we can get him here cheap. I'd say something like a 3 year deal so we don't totally give up on AOA.
            Cowboys Mock:
            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• I keep forgetting about AOA. I wish they just threw him out there on defense before he got hurt to see what he can offer. I wouldn't hold out for him if you have an opportunity to get a good DB, but he should be given a chance to compete at some position next year. Since he has experience at both S and corner he might be beneficial in some of Ryan's nickel and dime packages.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                I keep forgetting about AOA. I wish they just threw him out there on defense before he got hurt to see what he can offer. I wouldn't hold out for him if you have an opportunity to get a good DB, but he should be given a chance to compete at some position next year. Since he has experience at both S and corner he might be beneficial in some of Ryan's nickel and dime packages.
                If he's ready by next year Rob Ryan will find a role for him. I think at the very least AOA will be a very good 4th corner for us. I was convinced he was gonna be the steal of the draft when we got him. I hope he can figure it out, he certainly has the skillset.
                Last edited by TheFinisher; 01-17-2011, 07:36 PM.
                Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Hey guys, Browns fan here. You guys will love Ryan. He's very animated and seems like a fan with his passion.

Seems we're headed in a new direction on our D to the 4-3. We have a pretty good NT that doesn't look like he'll fit, Rubin. He's big and plays the nose very well. He just wore out with nothing on either side of him. What do you guys think he'd be worth as his best 2 years came with Ryan leading him?

I keep hearing Ratliff would be better at DE and Rubin would make a nice NT. What would he be worth to you guys?

Comment

• I would definitely give a mid-round pick for him, but isn't he a free agent?

Also, Thule that article brings up some news I have always thought. I think Sensabaugh is a JAG, but he doesn't kill you either. You can't have a pro-bowler at every position, and I would have no problem re-signing him for the right price.

Rahim Moore in the 2nd round, and BAM.

Comment

• http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....c3277e4f.html

Bruce Mathews and Dan Campbell interviewing for positions related to the offensive line...

I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by STsACE View Post
                        Hey guys, Browns fan here. You guys will love Ryan. He's very animated and seems like a fan with his passion.

Seems we're headed in a new direction on our D to the 4-3. We have a pretty good NT that doesn't look like he'll fit, Rubin. He's big and plays the nose very well. He just wore out with nothing on either side of him. What do you guys think he'd be worth as his best 2 years came with Ryan leading him?

I keep hearing Ratliff would be better at DE and Rubin would make a nice NT. What would he be worth to you guys?
                        How about Roy Williams for Rubin straight up? Everybody wins!
                        Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• That isn't a bad idea, Finisher.

Also, why isn't Rob Ryan official yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                            That isn't a bad idea, Finisher.

Also, why isn't Rob Ryan official yet?
                            I read some reports that said they will make the official anouncement today so stay tuned.
                            Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• MLK day is a holiday...i'd expect to hear something today.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                                If he's ready by next year Rob Ryan will find a role for him. I think at the very least AOA will be a very good 4th corner for us. I was convinced he was gonna be the steal of the draft when we got him. I hope he can figure it out, he certainly has the skillset.
                                I'm with you there. The 4th corner is going to be pretty important, especially if they don't end up getting one of the many good corners in this draft for some reason. My biggest worry is that they won't find a position for him like Jason Allen in Miami, but if he's good enough he should make an impact anywhere.

Now as for your avatar, do you know the name of that chick? I've been wondering who she is for about a year now, and I need to know her name. It's for research of course.
                                Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                                http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....c3277e4f.html

Bruce Mathews and Dan Campbell interviewing for positions related to the offensive line...

I like it.
                                I used to love watching Bruce Matthews play. I remember him being one of my favorite lineman after Larry Allen, Nate Newton, Will Shields, and Erik Williams. Maybe if he's on staff he can convince the Cowboys to go after Casey Matthews, and he can keep him focused to become a player here.
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information