Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rob Ryan still not official is beginning to seem fishy to me..

    Comment


    • Patrick Crayton was Ed Werner's inside rat. So happy he's gone. What a loser.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
        Rob Ryan still not official is beginning to seem fishy to me..
        I heard they were waiting to make the announcement of him and the rest of the coaching changes all at one time. John Garrett as passing coordinator, Hudson Houck as running coordinator, Bruce Matthews/Dan Campbell as assistant OL coach and Rob Ryan, DC. The assistant OL coach thing is probably what's holding this all up. They haven't decided yet. I hope they go with Matthews.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
          In all serious, Jerry would never trade him.

          Did you see what he did this season? Rookies don't come into the NFL and do what he did. That's rare type stuff. Randy Moss, Adrian Peterson, Tony Dorsett type stuff.

          If they traded him, I would seriously contemplate not being a cowboys fan.
          Randy Moss- 69 catches, 1,313 yards, 19.0 ypc, 17 TD
          Adrian Peterson- 238 carries, 1,341 yards, 5.6 ypc, 12 TD, 14 rec, 268 yards, 14.1 ypc, 1 TD
          Tony Dorsett- 208 carries, 1,007 yards, 12 TD, 29 rec, 273 yards, 9.4 ypc, 1 TD
          Dez Bryant- 45 catches, 561 yards, 12.5 ypc, 6 TD, 15 PR, 215 yards, 14.3 ypc, 2 TD.

          Bryant wasn't anywhere near the same galaxy as Moss, Peterson and Dorsett. I really, really like Dez, but you're overrating him so badly that it's nauseating.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            Randy Moss- 69 catches, 1,313 yards, 19.0 ypc, 17 TD
            Adrian Peterson- 238 carries, 1,341 yards, 5.6 ypc, 12 TD, 14 rec, 268 yards, 14.1 ypc, 1 TD
            Tony Dorsett- 208 carries, 1,007 yards, 12 TD, 29 rec, 273 yards, 9.4 ypc, 1 TD
            Dez Bryant- 45 catches, 561 yards, 12.5 ypc, 6 TD, 15 PR, 215 yards, 14.3 ypc, 2 TD.

            Bryant wasn't anywhere near the same galaxy as Moss, Peterson and Dorsett. I really, really like Dez, but you're overrating him so badly that it's nauseating.
            No, I'm not. Dez didn't even start, missed all of training camp, and tony romo went down in the 5th game of the year, and dez missed 4 games himself..

            Stat's don't play into my statement in any way whatsoever.

            Did you not see the plays Dez made? If you don't think he will be top 3-5 in the league for the next decade barring injury, then your just in denial as an eagles fan.

            I know you said you like Dez, but he deserves more credit than you are giving him.

            Even non-cowboy related people talk about how good he is. Tom Coughlin said the catch he made out of bounds falling away from the ball against the texans was the best catch he has ever seen in his life... HIS LIFE!!

            Mike Fransceco on WFAN was talking about how Dez is from mars because his physical tools are just to good.

            I wouldn't want to play him in my division either, but your not giving him enough credit.

            He is a phemon.

            EDIT: PS- When he is walking to the endzone after burning Asante next year, hopefully you garner more respect.

            I know you like that one.. :)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
              Even if the source actually said that it was probably in response to a silly question.

              Watkins: Would you trade Dez if some team offered you 4 first round picks?
              Team Source:...Uhhh we think about trading him if that's the case.
              Watkins: OMG they're thinking of trading Dez! *goes to post story*
              This is the biggest non-story ever. It's so ridiculous that it's making national headlines. Goes to show exactly how big the 'Boys are in ratings. It was based on a hypothetical question from the benandskin show, basically asking callers if they would trade Dez for a 1st/3rd/5th or something ridiculous.

              Infact you can see it here:
              http://www.facebook.com/benandskin/p...75721369131462
              Posted yesterday at 11:00am..

              Somehow that peaked Watkins' interest and he decided to write an article about it...and asked "somebody in the front office", and of course they'd say "Yea....we'd listen to offers". They wouldn't be doing their jobs otherwise. This would apply to EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the league, from Tom Brady to Adrian Peterson, etc, etc.
              Last edited by FreshBoy!; 01-18-2011, 07:50 PM.

              Comment


              • Anyways... thought I'd make note... the reason why the Patriots are out of the playoffs despite excellent coaching, an excellent QB and an excellent OL was the weak play of their WRs. Once NY shutdown Tate and Branch on the outside, they brought inside help from the safeties to help shutdown anything Welker and the TEs were trying to run inside.

                Amazing what the Jets secondary did. I know people here love to credit the front 7, but it's the Jets secondary that outmatches the talent level of their front 7 and they did a job on the Pats.

                ...and this is a clip from Insider...

                Oshiomogho Atogwe and the St. Louis Rams both have important decisions to make in the near future, as noted by Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. On Feb. 7, Atogwe can void the final two years of his contract, becoming a free agent. On Feb. 21, if Atogwe has not voided the deal, the Rams must either pay him $8 million or release him. Even for the folks who haven't taken a game theory class, the choice seems clear for Atogwe: keep the contract intact and put the pressure back on the Rams to pay him or release him.

                Thomas opines that the two sides may elect to restructure Atogwe's deal in order to keep him in St. Louis at a more palatable rate.

                Last summer, Atogwe was a restricted free agent with the lowest tender, and no teams bit on signing him, as the Rams had right of first refusal. He might draw more interest as an unrestricted free agent this time around, but may not be able to land a deal on the level of his current pact with the Rams.

                We need to watch this situation carefully.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sniper
                  So I'm a hater (despite being one of Bryant's biggest fans on this site) because I don't think his rookie year was as good as Moss', Peterson's or Dorsett's?

                  Wow...just wow.
                  I vouch for Sniper being a big time Dez fan.

                  Our fans need to realize that you can't compare Dez's rookie year based off prorated stats. The facts are facts. We cannot say "what if" he was healthy. He wasn't. Therefore we cannot make the comparisons and be fair about ourselves. If you want to say his talent is equal to theirs... well, you might have a more arguable case. But... who's to say, really? Let's just feel really good about him without talking about his HOF induction speech. OK?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                    This is the biggest non-story ever. It's so ridiculous that it's making national headlines. Goes to show exactly how big the 'Boys are in ratings. It was based on a hypothetical question from the benandskin show, basically asking callers if they would trade Dez for a 1st/3rd/5th or something ridiculous.

                    Infact you can see it here:
                    http://www.facebook.com/benandskin/p...75721369131462
                    Posted yesterday at 11:00am..

                    Somehow that peaked Watkins' interest and he decided to write an article about it...and asked "somebody in the front office", and of course they'd say "Yea....we'd listen to offers". They wouldn't be doing their jobs otherwise. This would apply to EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the league, from Tom Brady to Adrian Peterson, etc, etc.
                    I guess they have to have something Cowboy related since they're not in the playoffs and the Super Bowl is here this year. It's so stupid that people are even looking at this as a serious thing. Who the hell trades their first round stud after their rookie year? Especially someone like Jerry Jones who made a big push to get him in the first place? This is why I don't watch ESPN outside of actual sport events. They take crap like this and run with it like idiots.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

                    Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                    Comment


                    • Well I never got to post my comments about the Rob Ryan hiring(what looks to be) but I was wanting to be all over him from Day 1, I just didn't think we would do it. Didn't seem like the type of signing our team would make, we would typically sign someone we never heard of, promoted up because he worked with Garrett to piss everyone off.


                      This is the type of signing to make everyone excited about next season. He knows the 3-4 very well, he attacks and uses alot of pressure, he's never had a pass-rusher as good as Ware is for any of his teams, and we don't have to worry about going out to get new players to fit a new scheme.


                      I either wanted him, Capers, or Nolan so I was ecstatic about our plans for him. Now hopefully we give him some input into the draft, and let him bring in a few guys that he knows he can work with, whether it be on the D-line or LB.


                      I'm gonna be a bit more awol I just changed schools, got a football scholarship to go out 2 kansas so I havent had a chance to set up internet or get acclomated just yet, but this was the only piece of information I was following and hoping got finalized.





                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                      Comment


                      • Stephen Jones came out and said trading Dez was a complete bogus story, and they would never think about it.

                        Thank the lord.

                        DEZ_88 Dez Bryant
                        Notice how I don't entertain foolishness ....cowboys all day...and I need some more followers!!!
                        6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
                        That's a tweet from Dez.

                        I hate the media. Smh.

                        Comment


                        • Rex Ryan reports:

                          http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blogs...entId=blogDest

                          Comment


                          • Nick Eatman just reported on the Lunch Break, that on monday, sean lee was in the facility looking for tapes of the browns defense because of the hiring of rob ryan..

                            In mid january!!!

                            This kid is gonna be good.

                            Comment


                            • Any post that contains bickering with no factual evidence will be deleted from this thread. I understand this is a place to speak and develop opinions but this doesn't need to turn into a ESPN board. People should come in here to be informed about what is going on with the cowboys not about how sexy we think a cowboys player is or how much he is going to dominate because he is amazing. I'm sorry maybe I'm off base here...but I'd like to keep some integrity on this board. If you want examples feel free to look at a DMW or LSUalum post. No offense to other great cowboys posters...but those 2 aren't quite as volume as the rest of us so they tend to have more elaborate posts.

                              Lastly it's easy for fans to call other teams entering our boards as trolls...but the fact is Cowboys fans aren't the only ones that know about the Cowboys. They have insite and knowledge that some of us don't have. Last thing we want here is a pissing match. If trolling takes place or provoking...take it up with me or d-unit and we'll do something about it. I'm sick of reading through pages of trash. Cowboys fans this is your warning...any post that doesn't seem fit will be deleted from this point on...so don't even waste your time.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Anyways... thought I'd make note... the reason why the Patriots are out of the playoffs despite excellent coaching, an excellent QB and an excellent OL was the weak play of their WRs. Once NY shutdown Tate and Branch on the outside, they brought inside help from the safeties to help shutdown anything Welker and the TEs were trying to run inside.

                                Amazing what the Jets secondary did. I know people here love to credit the front 7, but it's the Jets secondary that outmatches the talent level of their front 7 and they did a job on the Pats.

                                ...and this is a clip from Insider...

                                Oshiomogho Atogwe and the St. Louis Rams both have important decisions to make in the near future, as noted by Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. On Feb. 7, Atogwe can void the final two years of his contract, becoming a free agent. On Feb. 21, if Atogwe has not voided the deal, the Rams must either pay him $8 million or release him. Even for the folks who haven't taken a game theory class, the choice seems clear for Atogwe: keep the contract intact and put the pressure back on the Rams to pay him or release him.

                                Thomas opines that the two sides may elect to restructure Atogwe's deal in order to keep him in St. Louis at a more palatable rate.

                                Last summer, Atogwe was a restricted free agent with the lowest tender, and no teams bit on signing him, as the Rams had right of first refusal. He might draw more interest as an unrestricted free agent this time around, but may not be able to land a deal on the level of his current pact with the Rams.

                                We need to watch this situation carefully.
                                Their secondary did a great job allowing the front 3 to hit Brady early and often. That's how you beat that team, get to Brady early.

                                If you saw later in the game he had guys coming open, but it was like he was gun shy to let the ball fly. He looked like a young, unsettled QB out there.

                                Hopefully Rob Ryan can bring some of his brother's tenacity to our defense, we have the talent up front, but someone needs to light a fire in our secondary, they looked horrible this year!
                                2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                                - Cleveland Browns GM
                                - Dallas Cowboys GM
                                - Atlanta Falcons GM

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information