This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    The 1st few working days at a new job are the toughest. I don't expect Jason to be another Gruden who works 24/7 & sleeps on the couch at Valley Ranch, but I want to see some sweat equity in this team that he's been a p/o since he was a wee lad. Slacking time was 2010 camp & that's OVER

Nose to the grindstone, shoulder to the wheel, make the hard choices, that sort of thing.....
    That's what I mean.. I think old man garrett is in Dallas helping Jason get situated. Plus he knows tons of people in this league and was a scout, so he can help with who stays and who needs to go. Plus he can scout college players too. So he would be a huge resource. Not to mention, if you're in your 80s or something and 3 of sons are on one team, and your grand kids are there, it's a bonus to get out of the cold weather here in NJ, and go hang with family.

I mentioned it because my friends was trying to call Garrett and didn't get a call back which was odd. So we were talking about it, and it occurred maybe he is not in NJ right now. He may be in Dallas helping Jason out.

Comment

• A Ryan Quote on the Cowboys lunch break.

It appears that Rob Ryan recently walked into the coaches office, and asked, "Who's that Bowen guy"?

Then he said, "He's unbelievable".

Pretty interesting....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
        A Ryan Quote on the Cowboys lunch break.

It appears that Rob Ryan recently walked into the coaches office, and asked, "Who's that Bowen guy"?

Then he said, "He's unbelievable".

Pretty interesting....
        First lesson to learn about Rob.... Words fly off the tongue rather easily. It is cool to know that he can recognize that Bowen is a player. While we've liked him, maybe it'll take a coach like Rob who can believe in him and turn him into someone we can LOVE and not just like.

I expected us to bring back Bowen, but an opinion like this from our DC has to lock it up now. Thanks for sharing pocketaces!

Comment

• Wow.....I would be lying if I didn't say that surprises me.
          Originally posted by 21ST
          He was protecting his self
          Originally posted by tjsunstein
          From what? His leg?
          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Seeing Garrett and Rob Ryan in the stands together at the senior bowl was the sex.

Finally some young, creative minds. We haven't had it since jimmy.

Parcells was proven, but he just didn't have the fire anymore, and wade was a joke who would refuse to make changes when his team loses by 50.

I'm excited!

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
              Seeing Garrett and Rob Ryan in the stands together at the senior bowl was the sex.

Finally some young, creative minds. We haven't had it since jimmy.

Parcells was proven, but he just didn't have the fire anymore, and wade was a joke who would refuse to make changes when his team loses by 50.

I'm excited!
              Yeah, that's definitely true! Nice observation.

Comment

• From Nick Eatman: (On Rob Ryan)

He think Newman is a baller, and we have to use him in better ways. So, Newman will be back.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                  From Nick Eatman: (On Rob Ryan)

He think Newman is a baller, and we have to use him in better ways. So, Newman will be back.
                  After he restrucutres...

Comment

• Newman was playing great before the hip injury, and he was still good after that. I do sometimes wonder how long before he starts to play old, but I still have some hope for him. He probably was the biggest victim of the bad safety play. That's not to say that I wouldn't want another corner in the draft like Peterson or Prince. That's more of wanting BPA and high level talent than anything.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• So what's everyone's thoughts on Jenkins. He looked terrible this year. Got beat a lot and had a ton of very costly penalties. He just seems to have become a huge liability. I just don't know how he went from an emerging star his rookie year to a pathetic mess last year. I know that our weak secondary play had something to do with it, but not all of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                        So what's everyone's thoughts on Jenkins. He looked terrible this year. Got beat a lot and had a ton of very costly penalties. He just seems to have become a huge liability. I just don't know how he went from an emerging star his rookie year to a pathetic mess last year. I know that our weak secondary play had something to do with it, but not all of it.
                        He's mentally weak. So he picks and chooses when he wants to put for all his effort. If we're losing and don't have a chance, expect him to play at his worst, but I've never seen him give up with us still in the game. Sure, he'll get beat very honestly when he tries, but fact is, he's our best DB.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          He's mentally weak. So he picks and chooses when he wants to put for all his effort. If we're losing and don't have a chance, expect him to play at his worst, but I've never seen him give up with us still in the game. Sure, he'll get beat very honestly when he tries, but fact is, he's our best DB.
                          Not sure I'd say our best DB, but that's not saying much. If indeed it is a mental thing, he needs a good DB coach that will get in his head. Quite frankly, Campo should be out.

Comment

• Jenkins to me looked like he would always fall to keep from being embarrassed. It's like he knew he was about to get beat so he'd just eat some dirt and act like he slipped. His problem is all in how hard he plays. He's got incredible talent, but he needs to keep his head in the game. I think Ryan needs to be really hard on him on top of making him feel that his job is threatened. Remember that he seemed to really turn it on when Scandrick was threatening to start over him in 09? He really got his **** straight then.
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

So what's everyone's thoughts on Jenkins. He looked terrible this year. Got beat a lot and had a ton of very costly penalties. He just seems to have become a huge liability. I just don't know how he went from an emerging star his rookie year to a pathetic mess last year. I know that our weak secondary play had something to do with it, but not all of it.
                              I think the secondary's play, as a whole, was more of a reflection of the down years (or disappointing depending on your expectations) that were had in the front 7. The lack of a consistent pass rush was the eventual downfall of the defense as a whole.

Comment

Not sure I'd say our best DB, but that's not saying much. If indeed it is a mental thing, he needs a good DB coach that will get in his head. Quite frankly, Campo should be out.
                                Campo was here when Jenkins was playing lights out. Take the good with the bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information