Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I just looked at his twitter, the cardinals are pursuing him too.

    Not a done deal at all.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
      I just looked at his twitter, the cardinals are pursuing him too.

      Not a done deal at all.
      lol yea he just tweeted this after he said it was a done deal.

      "Need to clear up last tweet. Ray Horton has offers on table to be Dallas DBs coach, and also has offer to be Arizona's D coordinator ..."

      Sigh.
      Cowboys Mock:
      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

      Comment


      • Expect him to go to Zona.

        But we did get our DL coach. A rah rah guy in Brian Baker... from Carolina... a 4-3 guy. Thought that was a bit mysterious, but whatevers.

        Comment


        • Anyone high on the little guys at safety?
          I wouldn't mind Ahmad Black or Jeron Johnson playing for Dallas next year.

          Comment


          • Shaun Rogers just released by Cleveland, do we make a play?

            Rogers, Ratliff, Dareus.......

            Last edited by TheFinisher; 02-09-2011, 06:14 PM.
            Cowboys Mock:
            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

            Comment


            • I think a Shaun Rogers-type is what we need, but does he have anything left in the tank?
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


              -Douglas MacArthur

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Del1sle View Post
                Anyone high on the little guys at safety?
                I wouldn't mind Ahmad Black or Jeron Johnson playing for Dallas next year.
                Gotta love the influx of new Cowboys posters. Welcome Del1sle!

                As for Black and Johnson.. yeah, wouldn't mind either being here. Worth a try in the mid rounds... But I wouldn't expect a dramatic improvement either.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  I think a Shaun Rogers-type is what we need, but does he have anything left in the tank?
                  That's the BIG question. If anyone knows it's our guy Rob. If we don't go for him, then he's done.

                  I would love to get him cheap though. Even if he's depth.

                  Still... I say Kenrick Ellis. ;)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    That's the BIG question. If anyone knows it's our guy Rob. If we don't go for him, then he's done.

                    I would love to get him cheap though. Even if he's depth.

                    Still... I say Kenrick Ellis. ;)
                    I read some quotes from Rob over the summer where he really spoke highly of Rogers, even threw a Reggie White comparison in there. I don't know the whole story of what happened in Cleveland this year and why Rogers lost his starting job but you're right if anyone knows if he's still got it, it's Rob.
                    Cowboys Mock:
                    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                    Comment


                    • Rogers was trash last year.

                      Now, maybe playing in Texas (his home state) and actually playing for a team that can compete instead of the Lions and Browns, maybe he could be a decent addition.

                      I wouldn't really care either way, he hurt more than helped the browns las t year. He was badddd.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                        Rogers was trash last year.

                        Now, maybe playing in Texas (his home state) and actually playing for a team that can compete instead of the Lions and Browns, maybe he could be a decent addition.

                        I wouldn't really care either way, he hurt more than helped the browns las t year. He was badddd.
                        That was the general perception, but here's what another Cowboys fan from Cleveland had to say about him on another board.

                        1. The guy wasn't outright benched. He was injured, which gave a younger player a chance to start. That younger player, Athyba Rubin, proved his worth so they kept Rodgers coming off the bench.

                        2. The guy barely played NT for the Browns last year. Rubin played virtually every 1st and 2nd down potential run possession. Rodgers was brought in at Left and right DE in the Brown's 3-4 scheme, goal and short yardage packages and virtually every passing down.

                        3. When he was on the field, he usually wasn't 2 gapping like the rest of their linemen and was shooting his gap/slant/ causing havoc in the backfield.

                        4. He still was impossible to push off his spot. You can say he doesn't have the mindset of a 2 gap NT but he's still a space eater by nature.

                        5. He took over the games were the Browns had those improbable wins against the Saints and Pats. Saints game especially, he had hits on Brees that and total disruption that won them that game. The pick Brees threw to Fugita in the red zone in the 1st quarter was caused by him getting a hit on Brees.

                        He's still a potentially elite player but he'll come just as a luxury piece if Rob Ryan wants him. He will be given freq breathers and won't be the guy you count on to lock down the NT job on 1st and 2nd downs all game. But when he's in he'll be an absolute beast. He'll make it harder for them to run on our D in short yardage and on the goal line. He'll be another piece to our 4 man nickel rush package in addition to Rat and Bowen.

                        This dude still moves the pocket. I watched him against Nick Mangold and Maukrice Pouncey and he absolutely bullied both of those guys when he was in the game. They didn't know what to do with him.

                        Plus he'll play more DE than he'll play NT if the patterns from last season hold up.
                        Now I gotta be honest I haven't watch more than one Browns game this year (NYJ game) but that assessment leaves me intrigued and I know Rogers has a reputation as being a dominant player.

                        I'm gonna try and find that interview with Rob Ryan about Rogers back in August.

                        EDIT: Found it.

                        http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...talks_abo.html

                        Q: The run defense appeared to improve when Ahtyba Rubin took over for injured Shaun Rogers at nose tackle. What exactly does that mean?

                        Ryan: Rubin's a real fine player ... a guy who really grew in his second season last year. He really came alive and did a great job, but there's only so many Shaun Rogers in this league. To put him in the middle of your defense is something special.

                        Q: Could he be just as effective at end?

                        Ryan: Sure, he can be effective anywhere. You have a Reggie White lined up at tackle and end and nose tackle. A guy like Shaun, just have him on the field whether at nose, tackle, a shade, a three-technique, an end -- doesn't matter. Just get him out there and let him play hard. Linebacker, who cares? Get his (butt) out there.

                        Last edited by TheFinisher; 02-09-2011, 08:28 PM.
                        Cowboys Mock:
                        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                        Comment


                        • That summary right there talked about how he is a finesse player and not a 2 gap space eater. He is just a heavier, lazier Ratliff.

                          We need a grown ass man for the middle, if it isn't Josh Brent already. Give me Taylor or Ellis in the draft, I don't want a 31 year old who is out of position and cares more about pretty much everything than football itself.

                          Comment


                          • Again... Rob will know how much to value Rogers. We don't need to bicker about it here. We could go back and forth forever.

                            IMO, he's done.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                              That summary right there talked about how he is a finesse player and not a 2 gap space eater. He is just a heavier, lazier Ratliff.

                              We need a grown ass man for the middle, if it isn't Josh Brent already. Give me Taylor or Ellis in the draft, I don't want a 31 year old who is out of position and cares more about pretty much everything than football itself.
                              I think it would be foolish to not consider it, he's going to be relatively cheap. Worst case scenario he's a part of the rotation and adds to the talent on the line, best case scenario he's the dominating force in the middle we're missing.

                              Plus, who says we can't sign Rogers and grab a Kenrick Ellis in the 3rd as well?

                              I want this guy.
                              Cowboys Mock:
                              1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                              2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                              3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Again... Rob will know how much to value Rogers. We don't need to bicker about it here. We could go back and forth forever.

                                IMO, he's done.
                                It's already being reported on theranchreport that Rob is asking Jerry to bring in Rogers.
                                Cowboys Mock:
                                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information