Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
    What happened with DeAndre McDaniel, did he really have that bad of a year?
    He's not in my Top 5. I'd take him in the 4th round and be happy. 3rd round would make me say, "eh, ok."

    Comment


    • I would rather bring in a veteran FA safety to fortify the position... maybe Huff, Pool, or Weddle. The guy doesn't have to be spectacular. He just has to not be Alan Ball. This is a position where I think we can find a fairly cheap yet effective option and use those 2nd-3rd round picks elsewhere (OL).

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 21BoysFan21 View Post
        I would rather bring in a veteran FA safety to fortify the position... maybe Huff, Pool, or Weddle. The guy doesn't have to be spectacular. He just has to not be Alan Ball. This is a position where I think we can find a fairly cheap yet effective option and use those 2nd-3rd round picks elsewhere (OL).
        I agree. I'd also add that I'd like to add an OL via FA too!

        Comment


        • What free agency are you guys talking about? Last I checked the CBA is about as bad as you could picture it at for this far in the process. When the owners file a complaint against the players union...i think you can kiss any FA that would contribute good bye...

          It's really pointless to even talk about until this whole thing is settled.

          Comment


          • It's pointless to be serious about, but this forum is a blast to bring it different ideas and thoughts.

            D-U, what FA OL would you like to see us target? As you know, I am a huge Carimi fan, so I don't want us bringing in a guy who will keep him from getting on the field. All of this is hypothetical, but what isn't at this point!
            2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
            - Cleveland Browns GM
            - Dallas Cowboys GM
            - Atlanta Falcons GM

            Comment


            • I'm not D, but I would love Carimi and would love it if we could bring in Blalock at G. I think adding Blalock and CArimi would be a huge boost.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


              -Douglas MacArthur

              Comment


              • Mac - Great call on Blalock. I loved him coming out of Texas. Why hasn't Atlanta shown more interest in signing him? Does he just want to be out of there? Any insight?
                2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                - Cleveland Browns GM
                - Dallas Cowboys GM
                - Atlanta Falcons GM

                Comment


                • Originally posted by UTPATS View Post
                  Mac - Great call on Blalock. I loved him coming out of Texas. Why hasn't Atlanta shown more interest in signing him? Does he just want to be out of there? Any insight?
                  Atlanta runs a zone blocking scheme, and Blalock, while a good OG, never really fit their scheme from what I can tell.

                  Comment


                  • The thing is, with NE putting the franchise tag on Mankins, that just made Blalock's price go up.
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                    -Douglas MacArthur

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by thule View Post
                      What free agency are you guys talking about? Last I checked the CBA is about as bad as you could picture it at for this far in the process. When the owners file a complaint against the players union...i think you can kiss any FA that would contribute good bye...

                      It's really pointless to even talk about until this whole thing is settled.
                      I have a solution. Let's stop talking about football.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I have a solution. Let's stop talking about football.
                        Want me to start talking about madden trades...no offense but anyone talking about FA right now is essentially talking about stuff that will happen in madden. Unless a player was cut before the CBA ran out...it seems pointless to talk aobut what could be...I understand this is a draft site and we like to talk about what will/can happen...but FA at this point is something that we don't even know when will happen. Atleast the draft is static...we know when and where we will be on draft day...FA itself is a complete unknown let alone the players and the team they are on. The fun of this site is talking about what comes to frutition...i can honestly say there is no greater feeling on this site but saying "i was right" or "i called where we were going"...talking about **** that is completely arbitrary is a waste of time imo.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by thule View Post
                          Want me to start talking about madden trades...no offense but anyone talking about FA right now is essentially talking about stuff that will happen in madden. Unless a player was cut before the CBA ran out...it seems pointless to talk aobut what could be...I understand this is a draft site and we like to talk about what will/can happen...but FA at this point is something that we don't even know when will happen. Atleast the draft is static...we know when and where we will be on draft day...FA itself is a complete unknown let alone the players and the team they are on. The fun of this site is talking about what comes to frutition...i can honestly say there is no greater feeling on this site but saying "i was right" or "i called where we were going"...talking about **** that is completely arbitrary is a waste of time imo.
                          No sense talking about the draft either considering without a CBA there won't be an NFL season and hence whoever we draft will be as meaningless as the impossible FAs...

                          How about we surround everything with a [THE CBA WILL BE SIGNED AT SOME POINT] so we don't have to continue this silly discussion about the importance / relevance of the topics >.<

                          Back on topic: we'll have to see whether teams can actually 'legally' use the franchise tags. Blalock would be an expensive catch either way regardless of Mankins.
                          Last edited by Trogdor; 02-17-2011, 02:15 PM.
                          Originally posted by D-Unit
                          I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.


                          Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

                          Comment


                          • Well Thule how about we just shut down the cowboys forum, that'd work for you? What harm is it doing anyone to discuss potential FA options? If they work out a CBA in 3 weeks, should we all rush to spam our thoughts that we were forbidden to talk about before?


                            If you don't want to chime in with FA discussion then don't, simple as that. I don't see how your contributing by telling people to not talk about it, or how pointless it is. It's actually more pointless to do what your doing IMO.


                            We all know the uncertainty surrounding the CBA, but I am 100% certain every other team is still gonna discuss options, as we as fans can still do. Hell D listed a great FA plan a few pages ago and I had no idea Blalock was a FA until that point, and after doing research would be an excellent signing for us, not as big of an upgrade as Mankins but cheaper and a bigger chance of happening.


                            It's about 50/50 ATL brings him back, but with him picking up his play he looks like a good sign.


                            Not really sure how talking about FA correlates to you saying it's like discussing Madden trades. Seeing as how FA can still actually happen, and Madden trades will never be realistic. Isn't it easier to just overlook that portion if you think it won't happen and just focus on the draft then?





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by baghdadbob
                              Pot / Kettle / Funny.
                              Care to elaborate on your sarcasm? You don't have a history here to be talking like that. Or do you Bob???

                              Comment


                              • This is awesome....

                                http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6133043

                                IRVING, Texas -- New Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan's goal for his first meeting with the Valley Ranch media was to be "humble and boring."

                                But Ryan, the big-mouthed, big-bellied son of longtime NFL coach Buddy and twin brother of New York Jets coach Rex, couldn't help himself.

                                He vowed -- and swore -- that a team that allowed the second-most points in the league last season (27.3 per game) would feature a dominant defense again.

                                "The problems and all that? Hey, I'm not here to farm anybody else's land," Ryan said. "I'm going to do a great [expletive] job and you're going to see that."

                                After a brief pause, Ryan smirked and offered a half-hearted apology for the profanity.

                                "Sorry. Only one so far," said Ryan, who saw humor in his father's hatred of the Cowboys during Buddy's days as the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles and Arizona Cardinals. "I was guarded early, but hell, that's on me."
                                Some funny quotes in there but some football stuff as well, he kinda hints that Ratliff will stay at Nose.
                                Cowboys Mock:
                                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information