Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd only be down for that if someone fell way too far, like how Blount was still sitting there in the 7th. I think it'll be fairly easy to look for a guy in rounds 5-7 who was projected to go higher. Evan Royster, Darren Evans, Da'Rel Scott, I'd give all of them some looks towards the end of the draft. No reason to pay Barber what he is due when we can pick up a young guy with potential for a limited role or a reserve in case of injury.

I'd look for a "do it all" type of back, but considering Felix is the more injury risk I wouldn't mind leaning towards speed and catching as a trait to target if he needed to spell Choice.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I'm okay with Barber going, only to save money. I'd like to see a real bruiser though. One of those guys that can pound out a yard or two when you need it on short yardage situations.

Comment

• What about Wisc.'s John Clay? He has a decent burst for such a big guy. He knows how to pound the rock. He knows how to get in the end zone. Could be had for a 4th or 5th round pick as of now, if not even later. Combine will show us a little more about this guy.

I am a huge Carimi fan, so after watching all kinds of film on him, Clay kept on showing some talent. Especially his junior year, he had some great runs for 1st downs and touchdowns. That is the kind of 3rd string guy we need, the guy Barber used to be, but without all of the EXTRA crap he does at the end of a 1.5 yard run!
        2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
        - Cleveland Browns GM
        - Dallas Cowboys GM
        - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6166808

We're letting Spears and Sensy test FA, we've gotta be bringing in one of those FA safeties now.
          Cowboys Mock:
          1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
          2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
          3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• If we have even ONE of those guys come back as starters next season, I give up all hope for the season. I wish I could say I won't watch but I'd be lying. I just hope we aren't that ******* stupid. Ugh.

I guess next thing we'll hear is Roy & Barber are coming back too.

Comment

• Tell ya what...I wouldnt be shocked to see either return. (Roy/Barber) Pissed, but not shocked.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• I think Roy will be back, I'd be extremely pissed if Barber were back to take carries away from Choice again.

Comment

• Just remembered the Supplemental draft selection, NT Josh Brent from Illinois. Completely forgot about him, cost a 7th rounder.

Anybody down with him? Can he be the 2-gapper in the 3-4 that allows Ratliff to slide over to DE replacing Spears?

If so it will silence all the discourse regarding taking Marcel Dareus if he's there to be the new DE.

Comment

• Side Question here for any local DFW folks.
                    I just saw this on Peter King's MMQ today, and was wondering what he meant regarding Mosely. Mosely is on 103.3 here and cracks me up. I hope he's not leaving that but it sounds like he is. Does anyone know?

i. Good luck, Matt Mosley, in your new media venture. I'll miss your blog.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1FJp1qoNP

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                      Just remembered the Supplemental draft selection, NT Josh Brent from Illinois. Completely forgot about him, cost a 7th rounder.

Anybody down with him? Can he be the 2-gapper in the 3-4 that allows Ratliff to slide over to DE replacing Spears?

If so it will silence all the discourse regarding taking Marcel Dareus if he's there to be the new DE.
                      Yeah, but I think we got one from the Patrick Crayton trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Yeah, but I think we got one from the Patrick Crayton trade.
                        I thought we missed on that pick. I know Crayton was like 4 or 5 catches away from hitting the benchmark then he got hurt. Unless we still get a pick, but maybe he was just close to getting us a higher pick. I need to follow up on that.

Comment

• It was a 7th...If he had caught 40 passes it would have been a 6th. But as was said, he got injured. Crayton actually played really well for San Diego. Sucks that he had to go and get himself injured. haha. I was watching that game, I was pretty disappointed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            I thought we missed on that pick. I know Crayton was like 4 or 5 catches away from hitting the benchmark then he got hurt. Unless we still get a pick, but maybe he was just close to getting us a higher pick. I need to follow up on that.
                            We got nothing for McQuistan though.

Comment

• We're tendering the Ends and Hurd again. hmmm.

Left tackle Doug Free, receiver Sam Hurd and defensive ends Bowen and Hatcher will all be tendered contracts before March 3 to protect their rights. Safety Alan Ball is expected to receive the right of first refusal tender while cornerback Bryan McCann and receiver Jesse Holley are exclusive rights free agents
                              If we keep Hurd, I sure hope we plan on actually giving him a better role...aka, cutting Roy so Sam could assume the #3 duties. I was a fan of Sherman's, but this Jimmy Robinson signing has me giddy. Hopefully his addition will lead to us delving deeper into the receiving corps. I always wanted us to adopt a Packer esque WR rotation.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-01-2011, 01:05 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                We're tendering the Ends and Hurd again. hmmm.

If we keep Hurd, I sure hope we plan on actually giving him a better role...aka, cutting Roy so Sam could assume the #3 duties. I was a fan of Sherman's, but this Jimmy Robinson signing has me giddy. Hopefully his addition will lead to us delving deeper into the receiving corps. I always wanted us to adopt a Packer esque WR rotation.
                                What kind of differences are you guys expecting to happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information