This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    What kind of differences are you guys expecting to happen?
    First of all...an update on my last post.

Looks like we've decided to let Sam test those FA waters. DMN had it wrong, we only extended offers to Free, Hatcher, Bowen, and ugh...Ball.

I'm actually pretty glad Sam will get a chance to find a better situation for himself. There are a lot of worse off receiving cores out there that could use a 2 or a 3. He wants to start...I'd love to see it.

As for Jimmy Robinson...he really seems to get the best out of his guys. I'm just hoping his influence will open things up a little more for our receivers. Maybe we can actually have some kind of WR rotation, instead of letting our talented 4/5 guys barely play. I love the way the Pack use their receivers, and I hope we adopt some of that. Love to see some actual 4/5 WR sets as well. It's something I've been calling for, for a while, given the depth we've had at WR.

Also as far as adding talent...the guy has a great eye for it. He can find it and he can certainly develop it. I'd def. trust his instincts in the draft room.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-02-2011, 01:14 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      Side Question here for any local DFW folks.
      I just saw this on Peter King's MMQ today, and was wondering what he meant regarding Mosely. Mosely is on 103.3 here and cracks me up. I hope he's not leaving that but it sounds like he is. Does anyone know?
      http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...t-perhaps-ever

In the meantime, I also tried to maintain a fledgling radio career for ESPN 103.3 in Dallas-Fort Worth. I've had the great fortune (most days) to work with a legendary columnist/talk-show host named Randy Galloway for the past four years, and the folks at 103.3 recently made me an offer to become a full-time part of the "Galloway & Company" show from 3-6 p.m., which also features college football expert Ian Fitzsimmons.

I've had an interest the past couple of years in becoming more of a general columnist, and the folks at ESPN have graciously allowed me to pursue that goal with another national website that shall remain nameless for now.

Continued...

Comment

• I will miss Sam Hurd, especially his special teams skills. Good luck to him, hopefully he can find a home as 3rd WR out there somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
          I will miss Sam Hurd, especially his special teams skills. Good luck to him, hopefully he can find a home as 3rd WR out there somewhere.
          I will miss Sam too. He was an honest to good guy.

Comment

• Skins have just signed Atogwe! Damnit!
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              Skins have just signed Atogwe! Damnit!
              That kills me. F'n Jerry.

Comment

• Don't worry Ball will prove himself AND he's cheaper....

oh wait.

EDIT: They got him at a good price too, 5 years 26 Mil 12 Mil guaranteed.

That pisses me off more than anything.
                Cowboys Mock:
                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• mehhhhhhh. It's Dan Snyder...not surprising that they're one of very few teams willing to do anything in FA right now. I dont blame any of the owners for shying away from deals right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• If the Redskins signed Peyton Manning, Chris Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Darelle Revis, and Troy Polamalu I still wouldn't be worried because Snyder would mess it up somehow. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Atogwe here too after the disastrous safety year we had, but with him being on the Redskins I know he's going to be wasted somehow.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Looks like we're not the only ones who believe in Bowen, ProFootballFocus did an article on him and named him their "Secret-Superstar" heading into 2011.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...allas-cowboys/

Pretty cool.
                      Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Sam Young... What's the deal with this guy?

"Dallas Cowboys OT Sam Young likely will not start at right tackle next season and would be looked at as more of a backup at both tackle positions, according to Bob Strum, of The Dallas Morning News.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/22463/NFL#ixzz1I0qCcRQz"

I thought he was showing some promise late last season. I know he doesnt keep you from taking a guy early, but if we dont, why couldnt he be in the mix?
                        2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                        - Cleveland Browns GM
                        - Dallas Cowboys GM
                        - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Are you guys starting to get a little concerned about Dez?

I readily admit he's a stud talent, and could be a top 3 WR in the league. But at the same time, where theres smoke, theres fire. And the guy is just in the news way too much for me to believe that its all just the media being anticowboys or whatever other conspiracy theory fans want to float out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Are you guys starting to get a little concerned about Dez?

I readily admit he's a stud talent, and could be a top 3 WR in the league. But at the same time, where theres smoke, theres fire. And the guy is just in the news way too much for me to believe that its all just the media being anticowboys or whatever other conspiracy theory fans want to float out there.
                            I'm not really concerned because I don't think he's a bad guy or would do anything to jeopardize his career or relationship with the team. When he broke his leg and was getting around by wheelchair he supposedly would go to the Northpark Mall and perform wheelies inside, not really how a professional should conduct themselves but it's not criminal behavior. Does he act like a child sometimes? Yea. But this is a 22 year old kid from the ghetto who just struck the Lotto, he's not going to all of a sudden carry himself like Tim Tebow. He's a little immature for his age but so are a lot of guys who came out of the same situation as him and they turned out fine. Heck, Deion Sanders is sounding like such a hypocrite with his "severed ties" talk, IIRC Primetime was an attention ***** who made rap videos and sported huge gold ropes when he first got in the league, sound familiar?

Dez is like a little kid, that's how he plays the game and that's how he acts off the field. As long as he doesn't break the law, produces on the field and brings energy to the team... *shrug* I could care less.
                            Last edited by TheFinisher; 03-29-2011, 02:41 PM.
                            Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Yeah, I don't think this stuff is anything to worry about from a career standpoint. But short term it is distracting until the kid gets some maturity.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• The only thing that worried me was what Deion said. The sagging thing was clearly a cop wanting to start **** with a celebrity. I've been to Northpark and have seen people sagging their pants. Hell some of the rich kids do it for some reason. Calling Dez out for doing it when others do it is just funny. I actually saw the guy at Wal-mart here, and he was sagging his pants. I hate that **** but I don't give a damn. There are no laws against it, so it's no big deal. Supposedly the mall called off the ban early. Who knows? Either way it goes it's ridiculous. If he got into it with someone I can understand, but sagging his pants and being told to pull them up? He's a grown ass man. He can dress the way he wants. Part of it also could just be

The Deion thing worries me because Deion has more clout. Yeah, Deion did some stupid things when he was younger too, but that doesn't mean he has to condone it now. If it's the Under Armor thing then it's just Deion sticking with his sponsor. Time will tell on that one, but considering that Deion and Pacman are still cool it is kinda fishy. Still, it shows that Dez needs to mature a bit.

Now there's another story about him buying jewelry and not paying all of it. Young man being dumb with his money? Highly contagious in sports. Right now this lockout needs to end so they have something better to talk about. Next week it'll be, "Dez Bryant took a dump in the restroom at local restaurant. Eyewitnesses claim that it smelled terrible. What are the Cowboys going to do about this behavior?" I'm sure that Dez has some issues with maturity, but right now people are mining like crazy to find something on the guy. I'll stick with what I said last year. If players and coaches start complaining about him slacking off, or he gets arrested for something I'll worry my ass off. Until then it's just news for the sake of controversy.
                                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information