Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think Garrett put the fumble at the end of the half against Washington on Choice...thinking choice should have known better. IDK...his blitz pickup is worse than Felix. Not saying it's fair...but it seems like the writing is on the wall.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ward View Post
      I like how you guys are going crazy with the Madden-style roster management and we don't even have a clue if pro-football gets played this fall. Dallas drafted like a team with no needs, Newman is still overpaid even if moved to safety, we aren't going to trade for anyone, Asomugha is a pipe dream without MAJOR cap manipulation. With Roy, Barber, Davis, Newman, Brooking, Colombo, others all on chopping block who knows how much of that goes against out cap this year.
      What cap are we talking about? I still think this season will be played under last years rules. Which means no cap which means we could frontload an Aso deal no problem and laugh to the bank. Do you really think the 2011 season is going to be played with a salary cap? I just don't see how that is even possible at this point.

      Comment


      • Cutting Davis, Barber, Newman, Williams, and Bradie would save big money and have little-to-no-effect on our records next year.

        With what is saved -- get some 3/4/5 year FA to cover needs.

        Comment


        • Bradie is def. not getting cut at all. I still doubt we see Williams or Newman get cut either.

          Things also dont work like that exactly, depending upon what happens with the cba. You can run into substanstial cap hits. And moves you make in an uncapped year, have to be somewhat methodical as well.

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • Originally posted by thule View Post
            What cap are we talking about? I still think this season will be played under last years rules. Which means no cap which means we could frontload an Aso deal no problem and laugh to the bank. Do you really think the 2011 season is going to be played with a salary cap? I just don't see how that is even possible at this point.
            Yeah, I can see it now...

            Jerry rewriting the ole Deion Sanders story all over again with Nnamdi Asomugha.

            It's gonna be a beautiful thing. Schefter is already reporting that we are on his short list of 4 teams. It's still a day dream for me at this point, but I like the direction the rumors are headed.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ward View Post
              I like how you guys are going crazy with the Madden-style roster management and we don't even have a clue if pro-football gets played this fall. Dallas drafted like a team with no needs, Newman is still overpaid even if moved to safety, we aren't going to trade for anyone, Asomugha is a pipe dream without MAJOR cap manipulation. With Roy, Barber, Davis, Newman, Brooking, Colombo, others all on chopping block who knows how much of that goes against out cap this year.
              Could you explain how Dallas drafted like a team with no needs? I would say their drafted admitted they had needs, and they tried to address some of them. For example.

              1. Tyron Smith-I think everyone knew OL was a need.

              2. Bruce Carter-Contrary to what some say, he did not just play MLB in college. He played OLB also. I think upgrading Spencer is a need, and maybe they looked at him as possible help with that.

              3 Demarco Murray-Upgrading Barber is a need, and Choice didn't exactly set the world on fire last year. Probably the OL's fault in Choice's case, but see #1. Either way you slice it, there was a need among one of these spots and they hit both.

              4. David Arkin-Once again, trying to fix a line that allowed the #1 QB's season to prematurely end.

              5. Josh Thomas-DB is a well documented need on every page of this thread.

              6. Bill Nagy-OL competition. A need.

              I will give you the Harris and Chapas picks. I would agree they were not needed players and would not have picked them. However, some on this forum say that WR was a need.


              I do not want to start a war with you, and I do mean this in all respect. Can you explain to me how they did not draft for need? If they traded up for or even sat where they were at and drafted a QB or a TE, I would totally agree with you. I would say they addressed needs in this draft. Not all of them for sure, but it's not like they drafted prospect players at positions of strength.
              I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

              http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

              Comment


              • Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                Could you explain how Dallas drafted like a team with no needs? I would say their drafted admitted they had needs, and they tried to address some of them. For example.

                1. Tyron Smith-I think everyone knew OL was a need.

                2. Bruce Carter-Contrary to what some say, he did not just play MLB in college. He played OLB also. I think upgrading Spencer is a need, and maybe they looked at him as possible help with that.

                3 Demarco Murray-Upgrading Barber is a need, and Choice didn't exactly set the world on fire last year. Probably the OL's fault in Choice's case, but see #1. Either way you slice it, there was a need among one of these spots and they hit both.

                4. David Arkin-Once again, trying to fix a line that allowed the #1 QB's season to prematurely end.

                5. Josh Thomas-DB is a well documented need on every page of this thread.

                6. Bill Nagy-OL competition. A need.

                I will give you the Harris and Chapas picks. I would agree they were not needed players and would not have picked them. However, some on this forum say that WR was a need.


                I do not want to start a war with you, and I do mean this in all respect. Can you explain to me how they did not draft for need? If they traded up for or even sat where they were at and drafted a QB or a TE, I would totally agree with you. I would say they addressed needs in this draft. Not all of them for sure, but it's not like they drafted prospect players at positions of strength.
                OT - Bigger need than safety? Bigger need than DE?
                Bruce Carter - Is he going to play safety or DE? You undermine his "need" when you start talking about having him replace Spencer. Why is OLB such a huge need all of a sudden? It's MLB or this is an even worse pick than I was giving it credit for.
                Murray - We don't run the ball enough as is with 3 excessively talented guys, why not add an injury prone overrated guy in the mix as well. BUT HEY, HE'S A GARRETT GUY.
                Arkin - No beef with this except for the value. Seems like a reach.
                Josh Thomas - Favorite pick of the draft.
                Wide receiver - REALLY?
                Chapas -HE'S A GARRETT GUY.
                Bill Nagy - TE/G/C guy with good versatility, will be shocked if he makes final 53.

                So we entered the draft with holes at safety and defensive end, and weaknesses at OL and CB. We took no safeties, no defensive ends, and one corner (in the 5th). Jason Garrett is an offensive mastermind (as long as he can keep drafting offensive players over and over).

                Comment


                • I don't get what you guys wanted on draft day. If you want to say we missed the ball on anything I guess you could say we should have addressed DL. We did give up a 2011 pick for Brent tho.

                  That said do you know how many DL were taken in the second round? 3...want names

                  Jenkins, Jarvis
                  Austin, Marvin
                  Paea, Stephen

                  All three of those guys have concerns. Personally I love Marvin Austin and would have drafted him...but I don't get to sit in the room with the kid. Butch Davis talked about how great a person Carter was...and at the end of the day...DL didn't have any value in the 2nd round.

                  No thanks on Rahim Moore...being the best in a worst class is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. Bruce Carter is the far superior football player with the higher ceiling...is anyone really upset that we drafted the better football player?

                  You thinking OL talent we missed out on maybe?

                  Franklin, Orlando
                  Wisniewski, Stefen
                  Ijalana, Ben
                  Gilbert, Marcus

                  Woah...those are not names I was targetting. I like Wisniewski...but I don't think I like him over Carter. Plus does anyone really see Gurode losing his spot in the next 2 years?

                  The only spot I think I could hear a legitimate argument would be passing on
                  Moffitt, John or
                  Rackley, William
                  for
                  Arkin, David.

                  They had Rackley and Arkin in for a visit. And while I don't necessarily think they had Arkin over Rackley...I do think they thought Arkin had better value in the 4th than rackley did in the 3rd.

                  Lets look at it like this...all 3 guys that I mentioned above probably aren't day 1 starters. Arkin has the highest upside of the 3 and this year is essentially a redshirt for any of these guys.

                  Factor that in with Murray likely making a difference in 2011 you can see why they went each direction. It's easy to go back after and say we should have done this or we should have done that. But lets remember NFL teams aren't using Scott Wrights rankings...so just because he has someone as the #5 safety doesn't mean he's the #5 for every team. I think we draftniks go in to grade a draft..they do it assigning value with charts they are familiar with. While charts you find on the internet can be pretty accurate for the first round...you'd be hard pressed to find something that gives you that accuracy outside of the first round.

                  Comment


                  • I really only have/had a beef with the Bruce Carter pick. I am still VERY skeptical of it. If he pans out, then okay. Big IF imo. Plus, I love next year's ILB class a TON!

                    After Round 2, no talent out there was really left to beef about. We weren't gonna fill any starting position at DL or DB from round 3 on. ...and I've grown to like the Murray pick a lot.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      I really only have/had a beef with the Bruce Carter pick. I am still VERY skeptical of it. If he pans out, then okay. Big IF imo. Plus, I love next year's ILB class a TON!

                      After Round 2, no talent out there was really left to beef about. We weren't gonna fill any starting position at DL or DB from round 3 on. ...and I've grown to like the Murray pick a lot.
                      Atta boy! ;)




                      The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                      Comment


                      • I really like Murray as a player...but I'd still like the pick more, if we are planning to move foward with him and Felix as the main duo. And plan on parting ways with Barber, but Choice too. A lot of people seem to think this is the plan. We'll see.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          I really like Murray as a player...but I'd still like the pick more, if we are planning to move foward with him and Felix as the main duo. And plan on parting ways with Barber, but Choice too. A lot of people seem to think this is the plan. We'll see.
                          The only way I come out of being happy with losing Choice is if we got equal compensation in a trade. He's a damn good back. But I just don't see anyone who would give up a lot for him.

                          Comment


                          • After watching some more highlights of Tyron Smith I think he will be big in our screen game. I know Garrett Loves to run the screen and with an athletic guy like Smith it should work a lot better than it has in the past.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                              After watching some more highlights of Tyron Smith I think he will be big in our screen game. I know Garrett Loves to run the screen and with an athletic guy like Smith it should work a lot better than it has in the past.
                              Honestly, don't remember Garrett being too big on screens... I could be wrong, but I remember yelling at the TV to run a screen on more than 1 occassion. But yea, it's obvious... Tyron is a hoss.

                              Comment


                              • Random...but if we cut ties with Roy and let Sam go. James Jones is at the top of my list of potential WR additions. Would be a great fit with Jimmy Robinson in place. He really helped a lot in his development. Granted, he could never get him to perform consistently, though.

                                I still think it's more likely that we retain Roy, which sucks. And Sam is as good as gone. He wants a larger role, and they wont want to pay him a fair amount, just to be a special teams ace/captain. But if we go fishing for a wideout for whatever reason...James Jones.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information