This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jetBLACK08
    If Crennel is available, I say We pursue him GREATLY.
    I have a hard time getting excited about DC's but Crennel would be a major upgrade to BP's staff.

Also, for all the bad mouthing of Parcells he sure seems to develops lots of head coaches. He did pick up Peyton from the scrap heap that was GMen with Fassel and was forced to keep Zimmer by Jerry.

Comment

• So to revise for Thule's comments

1> Quentin Moses (OLB)
      2a> Levi Brown (OT)
      2b> Ben Grubbs (OG)
      3a> Lorenzo Booker (TB)
      3b> Brandon Meriweather (CB/S)
      4> Jordan Palmer (QB)
      5> Ryan Moore (WR)
      5> Marquice Cole (CB)
      6> Steve Breaston (WR)
      7> Justin Medlock (K)

Again, lots of assumption in any mock drafts at this point. They are nothing more than baseless fantasy either way. Hopefully the Cowboys can move some depth for picksa nd maybe sing a FA or two to plug the big holes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
        Originally posted by thule
        Originally posted by cowboysforever
        My Mock for what it is worth with the following assumptions. BP stays. TO goes. 3-4 Stays. Combine changes everything. Julius Jones and Kevin Burnett being traded for a 2 and 3 pick -- these guys need to go somewhere they are needed and can start. Either Spears or Canty will be moved inside. Watkins becomes starting FS. We have an extra 5 from NO I think>

1> Quentin Moses (OLB)
        2a> Ben Grubbs (OG)
        2b> Levi Brown (OT)
        3a> Lorenzo Booker (TB)
        3b> Ryan Moore (WR)
        4> Jordan Palmer (QB)
        5> Brandon Meriweather (CB/S)
        5> Marquice Cole (CB)
        6> Steve Breaston (WR)
        7> Justin Medlock (K)

My strategic emphasis, by the way, is bringing speed to the team while getting the OL rebuilt.
        I really don't think you realize what it takes to be a 3-4 NT. You just can't plug players in...Spears could maybe hold up 30 plays a game at NT...but Canty has the wrong build altogther...some things you say are just so off the wall.

Then you go even further to predict trades and trade values....You can't just do that. Thats like saying we are gonna trade tony romo and ellis to get the first overall pick and draft quinn...just not realistic things to predict at all. I mean the draft is hard enough let alone FA and trades...try to get a little bit more realistic man.

I also believe we lost our 5th in the watkins trade with philly last year.

Brown is going to be a top 40 pick...so I think your crazy if you think he's available in the late 20's in the second round.

I believe I was the first person to be on Bookers bandwagon solid pick and value...might be a bit early but not sure tell post combine.

Way early on Moore he won't be a first day pick...hard to invest a first round pick on someone who has had so many problems. If he's available in the 6th...which he should be then I wouldn't be scared to try him.

Meriweather sadly won't be there in the 5th. No matter how undisipline he has been at the U....his talent will cause him to be a first day pick...someone will take a chance on him.
        Thule, you talk with such certainty about what these guys can do it leves me gasping for air. Just admit you don't know, you have a thought and leave it at that.

I think Canty or Spears can easily play NT with time and training. Why you think otherwise is beyond me. Plenty examples of guys playing that spot at that height. All this talk of leverage by being short is kind of silly. Particularly since you create leverage through hand placement and lateral foot movement. If 6"1, 320 lbs of muscle with arms down to your ankles ... ok, I get it. But most short guys have shorter arms and have times shedding tackles and get overwhlemed by the bigger guards in today's NFL.

Also, Thule, what is your problem with thinking out of the box? You say Brown won't be around late 2nd? Hmm, someone said that about Marcus McNeil and MANY had him in the first to the Cowboys. He went after Fasano I think. So, Cowboys could of had him but .....

Again, your opinions that you present with certainty when there is none right now. You know as well as I do -- the combine is what settles most of these questions +/- 10 spots either way for the early rounds. The late rounders is a crap shoot.

With respect to Brady Quinn, I think he stinks. Another strong arm guy with no accuracy who will fail. You just seem to love ND guys at all cost. Example: Zibby who you pump ad nauseam and was just called out by a few draft services for horrid play and told to go back to ND to improve himself.

So, for all your talk about knowing talent and knowing how to trade and what you can and can't do all I have to say is remember my posts and compare them to what happens. You will find I have a good eye for this.

Now, with respect to my mock, switch Moore with Meriweather in the draft. Is this possible? Switch Grubbs with Brown. Is this possible?

We have extra picks to move around with and we don't need tons of bodies. We need high quality.

What about the rest of the draft mock?
        Actually McNeil was selected before the cowboys selected fasano. They had the 49th overall pick...and the Jets gave us a good offer to move up for Clemens. So we moved down 4 spots. McNeil was selected right after. So realistically we could have selected him....but we couldn't have selected him after we traded down. Maybe we thought he would fall who knows.

You say many people had McNeil pegged to go to Dallas in the first round....I'd like to know who had him pegged to go to dallas in the month of april. Because McNeil showed back problems...and had weight concerns...as well as knee concerns if i'm not mistaken. This was the reason he fell...that and the fact that he played terrible his senior season. So if McNeil was ever to be projected to go first round in april it would have been the late late first round.

Glad to see you know more then scouts do about Quinn...I mean its not lik ethey actually know how to evaluate talent. Your far superior to them in that department I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by jetBLACK08
          I have a hard time getting excited about DC's but Crennel would be a major upgrade to BP's staff.

Also, for all the bad mouthing of Parcells he sure seems to develops lots of head coaches. He did pick up Peyton from the scrap heap that was GMen with Fassel and was forced to keep Zimmer by Jerry.
          Belicheck?

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
            Originally posted by thule
            My Mock for what it is worth with the following assumptions. BP stays. TO goes. 3-4 Stays. Combine changes everything. Julius Jones and Kevin Burnett being traded for a 2 and 3 pick -- these guys need to go somewhere they are needed and can start. Either Spears or Canty will be moved inside. Watkins becomes starting FS. We have an extra 5 from NO I think>

1> Quentin Moses (OLB)
            2a> Ben Grubbs (OG)
            2b> Levi Brown (OT)
            3a> Lorenzo Booker (TB)
            3b> Ryan Moore (WR)
            4> Jordan Palmer (QB)
            5> Brandon Meriweather (CB/S)
            5> Marquice Cole (CB)
            6> Steve Breaston (WR)
            7> Justin Medlock (K)

My strategic emphasis, by the way, is bringing speed to the team while getting the OL rebuilt.
            I really don't think you realize what it takes to be a 3-4 NT. You just can't plug players in...Spears could maybe hold up 30 plays a game at NT...but Canty has the wrong build altogther...some things you say are just so off the wall.

Then you go even further to predict trades and trade values....You can't just do that. Thats like saying we are gonna trade tony romo and ellis to get the first overall pick and draft quinn...just not realistic things to predict at all. I mean the draft is hard enough let alone FA and trades...try to get a little bit more realistic man.

I also believe we lost our 5th in the watkins trade with philly last year.

Brown is going to be a top 40 pick...so I think your crazy if you think he's available in the late 20's in the second round.

I believe I was the first person to be on Bookers bandwagon solid pick and value...might be a bit early but not sure tell post combine.

Way early on Moore he won't be a first day pick...hard to invest a first round pick on someone who has had so many problems. If he's available in the 6th...which he should be then I wouldn't be scared to try him.

Meriweather sadly won't be there in the 5th. No matter how undisipline he has been at the U....his talent will cause him to be a first day pick...someone will take a chance on him.
            Thule, you talk with such certainty about what these guys can do it leves me gasping for air. Just admit you don't know, you have a thought and leave it at that.

I think Canty or Spears can easily play NT with time and training. Why you think otherwise is beyond me. Plenty examples of guys playing that spot at that height. All this talk of leverage by being short is kind of silly. Particularly since you create leverage through hand placement and lateral foot movement. If 6"1, 320 lbs of muscle with arms down to your ankles ... ok, I get it. But most short guys have shorter arms and have times shedding tackles and get overwhlemed by the bigger guards in today's NFL.

Also, Thule, what is your problem with thinking out of the box? You say Brown won't be around late 2nd? Hmm, someone said that about Marcus McNeil and MANY had him in the first to the Cowboys. He went after Fasano I think. So, Cowboys could of had him but .....

Again, your opinions that you present with certainty when there is none right now. You know as well as I do -- the combine is what settles most of these questions +/- 10 spots either way for the early rounds. The late rounders is a crap shoot.

With respect to Brady Quinn, I think he stinks. Another strong arm guy with no accuracy who will fail. You just seem to love ND guys at all cost. Example: Zibby who you pump ad nauseam and was just called out by a few draft services for horrid play and told to go back to ND to improve himself.

So, for all your talk about knowing talent and knowing how to trade and what you can and can't do all I have to say is remember my posts and compare them to what happens. You will find I have a good eye for this.

Now, with respect to my mock, switch Moore with Meriweather in the draft. Is this possible? Switch Grubbs with Brown. Is this possible?

We have extra picks to move around with and we don't need tons of bodies. We need high quality.

What about the rest of the draft mock?
            Actually McNeil was selected before the cowboys selected fasano. They had the 49th overall pick...and the Jets gave us a good offer to move up for Clemens. So we moved down 4 spots. McNeil was selected right after. So realistically we could have selected him....but we couldn't have selected him after we traded down. Maybe we thought he would fall who knows.

You say many people had McNeil pegged to go to Dallas in the first round....I'd like to know who had him pegged to go to dallas in the month of april. Because McNeil showed back problems...and had weight concerns...as well as knee concerns if i'm not mistaken. This was the reason he fell...that and the fact that he played terrible his senior season. So if McNeil was ever to be projected to go first round in april it would have been the late late first round.

Glad to see you know more then scouts do about Quinn...I mean its not lik ethey actually know how to evaluate talent. Your far superior to them in that department I can see.
            Quinn, in comparison to Carson Plamer, Aikman et al, is projected to score much lower. Hi 6.

And all I can say about "Pro Scouts" and QBs drafted 1-10 (like Quinn) is that darts are as effective. No position is more reached for at the top of the draft than QB. The list of top 10 QB busts is higher than top ten successes. I am going to throw a number out there and say 66% of top ten QB are failures.

My opinion, Quinn is another ND Hype-Up. Like Zibby too. Can anyone say Rick Mirer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble

Belicheck?
              Gribble, the list for BP is very long. Rightly or wrongly he has lots of hi students in very very high positions in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble

Belicheck?
                Gribble, the list for BP is very long. Rightly or wrongly he has lots of his students in very very high positions in the NFL.

Comment

• Am I nuts or are the crop of RB and WR that are Juniors and Sophmores just amazing this year?

Just amazing talent it seems.

Comment

Am I nuts or are the crop of RB and WR that are Juniors and Sophmores just amazing this year?

Ya think Aaron Ross or Blalock fall to the Cowboys? How about Sweed declaring? Texas seems loaded.

Q Moses is up tonite, be interesting to see how he plays after a mediocre senior season. 6.5, 250 and fast with a quick step, let see if he plays well.

Comment

• anybody know anything about sabby piscitelli? heres one scouts veiw of him, sounds like a good 2nd round pick.

Overview Sabby is a 3 year starter for the Beavers and the clear leader of the defense. Sabby is a very intense player, you can see him yelling and callling out audibles before the play, and pumping his fist and celebrating after the play. An Honorable Mention All Pac-10 peformer in 2004 and 2005, finally cracked the first team in 2006.
                      Strengths Sabby has tremendous size at 6-3, and even better speed. He's lightning fast. One of the best athletes at the safety position in the entire draft. He is a fiery leader and plays with a great passion for the game. He not a huge hitter, but can definitely lay the wood when the oppurtunity presents itself. Extremely polished and experienced having started 3 straight years without injury. His 15 career INT's are top 5 all time for Oregon St. He really is just the complete player.
                      Weaknesses Watching his game, I really can't find any holes in it. He's fast, tall, can tackle well, a leader. The one thing he does need to do is add weight. He has the frame to add more weight, which will help him. He's not the showy prospect of a Landry or Griffin, but much more solid than both of those. Projection Piscitelli is the total package. He can start his rookie if necessary and will continue to be that leader. He is a great athlete, and very experienced. I can see him sliding up into the first, but looks to be taken sometime in the 2nd round.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Dunno if anyone else has this opinion, but if we decide to give up on Watkins we should take Michael Griffen in the 1st he just seems like a guy who can run with people and make hits if needed seems like a good cover saftey to me, and if nothing else he is a very good special Teamer. Which is what Carp did most of the year and what keith Davis is doing now.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys
                          Dunno if anyone else has this opinion, but if we decide to give up on Watkins we should take Michael Griffen in the 1st he just seems like a guy who can run with people and make hits if needed seems like a good cover saftey to me, and if nothing else he is a very good special Teamer. Which is what Carp did most of the year and what keith Davis is doing now.
                          he'll be gone unless we trade up

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
                            Originally posted by Go Cowboys
                            Dunno if anyone else has this opinion, but if we decide to give up on Watkins we should take Michael Griffen in the 1st he just seems like a guy who can run with people and make hits if needed seems like a good cover saftey to me, and if nothing else he is a very good special Teamer. Which is what Carp did most of the year and what keith Davis is doing now.
                            Probley true just a thought

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys
                              Originally posted by pocketaces
                              Originally posted by Go Cowboys
                              Probley true just a thought
                              Two free safeties in the first 20? One or the other may fall 20-25.

Still have lots of juniors to declare. 2nd and 3rd round should be good this year again.

Comment

Am I nuts or are the crop of RB and WR that are Juniors and Sophmores just amazing this year?

Ya think Aaron Ross or Blalock fall to the Cowboys? How about Sweed declaring? Texas seems loaded.

Q Moses is up tonite, be interesting to see how he plays after a mediocre senior season. 6.5, 250 and fast with a quick step, let see if he plays well.
                                Well Moses can rush. Can he play OLB, dunno.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information