Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Brian Waters a realistic option for us? I don't think he'd cost much, and would be a nice 1 year bridge. He was alot better then Kosier last year honestly, and would come at a cheaper price.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• What worries me is that Garrett doesn't seem to place a big importance on Defense. He loaded up on Offense in the draft and the first thing he did was take care of Offense in FA. Defense is getting the back burner treatment.

Guess the plan is to score 60 points a game.

Garrett will regret it when he can't get his precious offense on the damn field because the defense is getting eaten up, demoralized, tired and frustrated. Ah well.

The stubbornness of this team to properly address NT from Day 1 of transitioning to the 3-4 is still haunting this team. We develop DEs and let'em go all the time. There's just no value being put on the DL. None. But I bet if Bowen was an OL, he'd be here today. Just the way it is around here.

We need defense in the worst way, and the sources we're looking at for help are all up Mediocre Alley.

I also find it bothersome that Washington could find a trade partner for Haynesworth, but we couldn't find a cent for Roy, Barber, Davis and others. Not working smart enough.

Comment

• Schefter reported this morning that were making a push on Nnamdi. While I'd LOVE to have him on the team, is this necessarily the right move to make right now? Shouldn't it be making a move at S or DE?

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
          Schefter reported this morning that were making a push on Nnamdi. While I'd LOVE to have him on the team, is this necessarily the right move to make right now? Shouldn't it be making a move at S or DE?
          Yes and no. The Ryans' (chunking Rex in here too) defenses can be immensely boosted by leaving a guy on an island. If you end up signing two guys cheap (Elam/Sensy/Harper etc) and just have them be responsible for keeping the play in front of them and keeping organized you are already giving our rush crew an extra couple of seconds to get to the QB. Ware/Spencer will have no problems getting to the QB with a few extra seconds.

That said. I would rather see our remaining cap thrown at a FS, RG, DE, SS in that order before adding a luxury FA.
          Originally posted by D-Unit
          I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Yea but the remaining guys at S and DE are all JAG. Elam, Harper, Robaire Smith, Coleman? I was all about dumping our resources at those positions when FA started, but the top guys I wanted are now off the market. Nnamdi is really the only guy out there who can take our defense to another level.

Plus I've read a ton of reports that says with the moves we've made, and with a few restructured contracts, we could have anywhere from 20-25 million to play with. We can sign Nnamdi and still sign the same cheap options to fill DE and S we were going to anyway.
            Cowboys Mock:
            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• We cannot forget RG either. Unless the team feels that one of the rookies can fit in there from day 1. Who is running with the 1's at RG in camp so far?

Comment

• pretty sure it was Holland

LL had mentioned Brian Waters, I'd be all for that. Sure he's old, but he can still play at a high level and would be an ideal vet to plug in next to young Tyron.
                Cowboys Mock:
                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Jags are close to signing Landry. I know a lot of you aren't fans, but just another Safety about to be off the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                    pretty sure it was Holland

LL had mentioned Brian Waters, I'd be all for that. Sure he's old, but he can still play at a high level and would be an ideal vet to plug in next to young Tyron.
                    I'd take Waters as a one year plug. I'd rather see us spend the money on a younger player like Blalock or Dahl though. I know those guys won't come cheap, but those guys would be players that could be our future RG for several years to come.

Comment

• Steelers cut Flozell today. He should sign a one day contract with us and retire. He had a great career for us at LT. One of our all time best T's.

Comment

• Ugh. I dont like Hurd going to Chicago with Roy there. He'd have a good shot at playing time without Roy, but I dont know why he went there. sigh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Is Brian Waters a realistic option for us? I don't think he'd cost much, and would be a nice 1 year bridge. He was alot better then Kosier last year honestly, and would come at a cheaper price.
                          He could be an option, but Kosier re-signed and will be starting at LG. Any G we sign will be playing RG.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• And the fact that we're in on Aso makes it sound like we're incredibly desperate. I would welcome the guy with open arms, but his contract could be a hindrance for our future FA endeavors. Newman would have to be cut for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Jets vs Cowboys for Nnamdi. Absolutely Love it.

I'm all in for Nnamdi. It's win now or go home time. Without him, this offseason is a failure.

What's the latest on Cullen?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Jets vs Cowboys for Nnamdi. Absolutely Love it.

I'm all in for Nnamdi. It's win now or go home time. Without him, this offseason is a failure.

What's the latest on Cullen?
                                Nothing yet. I dont see how we can sign Cullen and Aso. Doesnt sound plausible at all.

If we really are in on Aso...we wont be doing anything until he signs with one of us. More waiting. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information