This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Jerry is full of it. All the good guys worth a darn are gone.

Guess we can overpay role players like we've been doing.

Marcus Spears - 4 years, $20M

Cullen Jenkins - 5 years, $25M

I mean really...... IS THIS SOME SORT OF SICK JOKE???!!!!
    To be fair, Spears is probably just as good of a player as Jenkins, or only slightly worse, but far less injury-prone than Jenkins.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      At this point, I don't care what Rob wants. Huff is the best thing out there and he's improved dramatically since he was with Rob.
      Yeah, that's a good way to build team chemistry.

You should want Rob to have the guys he's most comfortable with and has faith in, to run his system, and run it correctly.

No one wants Michael Huff right now, not just us. His interest has been non-existent league wide to this point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Marion Barber is now a Bear. Jerry Angelo is obviously a Cowboys fan.

edit...In addition to saying "we have a lot of bait in the water", as was previously posted...Jerry said not to expect an O-Lineman signing. WTF? Now that would make me mad. He says not to expect it, because he wants his younger players to have a chance to shine. hmmm. Hopefully, he means we're just not going to sign a T. Because there are tons of RG upgrades available, for a range of prices. Hell, Nick Cole is better than anything we have and should come dirt cheap. dammit. I couldnt imagine we turn to Arkin as early as this year. And Holland certainly isnt one of our "young guys". And Houck hasnt exactly been raving about him in interviews thus far, either.

Jerry, go sign a RG! please.
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-30-2011, 08:30 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• As weird as this sounds........and maybe i'm drinking the kool aid....but I imagine a scenario where the Cowboys come out like gangbusters. Real humble, with chips on their shoulder (romo, t.new, jenkins, spencer)..They've been DOGGED in the media(deservingly), I think they put up and shut up..and just play great ball. Bunch of high character guys, no clowns(roy & TO).

I'm giddy!

Comment

• Hey guys!!! WE SIGNED ALAN BALL!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Yeah, that's a good way to build team chemistry.

You should want Rob to have the guys he's most comfortable with and has faith in, to run his system, and run it correctly.

No one wants Michael Huff right now, not just us. His interest has been non-existent league wide to this point.
              Winning builds team chemistry. Your post is full of assumption. Huff has made huge improvements since the last time Rob coached him. The issue with Huff right now is supposedly he's asking for a lot.

Comment

• If you're changing things schematically with a new coordinator. You should trust his judgement. He has a specific system...he knows who's right for it, and who isnt. So I would certainly value his opinion on the matter. Huff's ability may have nothing to with it, either. Perhaps they dont even have a good relationship. I dont know.

My knowledge of Dallas' non interest in Huff, starts and ends with the "experts" or insiders who have said just that. And it doesnt sound like money has anything to do with it. But if it does...I wouldnt blame them, if he was seeking Weddle money. If I had my way, I would have tried to sign Huff and Elam, like I posted before FA started. But that's only if Huff was reasonably priced. I'd certainly agree that he has the most upside left of any of the remaining safeties. That doesnt mean his short lived success would continue in Dallas, however. But anyway, if the reason for our non interest was the fact that Ryan just doesnt want him. So be it.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-31-2011, 02:30 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

If you're changing things schematically with a new coordinator. You should trust his judgement. He has a specific system...he knows who's right for it, and who isnt. So I would certainly value his opinion on the matter. Huff's ability may have nothing to with it, either. Perhaps they dont even have a good relationship. I dont know.

My knowledge of Dallas' non interest in Huff, starts and ends with the "experts" or insiders who have said just that. And it doesnt sound like money has anything to do with it. But if it does...I wouldnt blame them, if he was seeking Weddle money. If I had my way, I would have tried to sign Huff and Elam, like I posted before FA started. But that's only if Huff was reasonably priced. I'd certainly agree that he has the most upside left of any of the remaining safeties. That doesnt mean his short lived success would continue in Dallas, however. But anyway, if the reason for our non interest was the fact that Ryan just doesnt want him. So be it.
                  I haven't heard anything from Ryan or the Cowboys saying they don't like Huff. Only that there is a lot of "bait" out there on several safeties. Huff may be included. I don't that. I don't know what sources you're going off of either though. Seems you just harp on how the Cowboys don't like Huff and they are bonkers for Elam yet neither have signed with us or anyone else yet.

As for schematics and stuff... yeah, that's why we just rushed to sign Ball. He totally fits that. Woo hoo! :/

Don't get me wrong... I totally agree with you... Cowboys management obviously does not. lol.
                  Last edited by D-Unit; 07-31-2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• You have any links MOTH? I just haven't heard that either, I've only read someplace we weren't on the same page with his asking price on his deal. Nothing about him as a player, or not being a fit. He's a perfect fit, and I'll more then likely continue to feel that way unless I read otherwise.

Elam would just be alot cheaper and he's familiar with what were doing on defense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Just read what's out there. Dallas contacted Elam as soon as FA started, his addition just makes too much sense not too happen. Especially with this "non urgency" we've seen to sign a safety. He knows the system. The longer we wait, the more likely Elam will be an addition. He's one guy that doesnt need to be schooled on the ins and outs of Ryan's defense. Luckily, that's actually an advantage for us.

As for Huff...a day after FA started, articles/tidbits were popping up that Dallas had no interest in Huff what so ever. And considering their apparent willingness to pursue pricier FAs, it just comes off as odd that they wouldnt even consider adding Huff. Obviously you wont hear anything from Ryan's mouth saying he doesnt want the guy...but everyone else is saying we're not interested via rotoworld updates, which come from a variety of outside sources.

All the info I've read is readily available to everyone else as well. lol. If you follow the info available, it's easy to come to the conclusion that Dallas is still in contact with Elam and they havent shown any interest in Huff. And somewhere the media received a lead that they arent interested in him at all. I can only guy by what's out there. And that's what they're saying.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        You have any links MOTH? I just haven't heard that either, I've only read someplace we weren't on the same page with his asking price on his deal. Nothing about him as a player, or not being a fit. He's a perfect fit, and I'll more then likely continue to feel that way unless I read otherwise.

Elam would just be alot cheaper and he's familiar with what were doing on defense.
                        A link to what? Re-read what I posted. I never said that Ryan for sure doesnt like Huff or that he wasnt a fit at all. Or at least, that wasn't my intent.

When I said, "If Ryan doesnt like him, he doesnt like him." It wasnt my intention to imply that this was actually the factual case. Because I wouldnt actually pass that off as fact, unless a source was behind it. I meant that if that was hypothetically the case, then it is, what it is. You're probably not going to change the guys mind. It was a general comment I was trying to make, not stating a fact, that he for sure doesnt like the guy, or that he has said as much out loud.

I was saying that Dallas has said they have no interest in him...as has been reported many a time. And that it was strange that it would be price related, when they were so willing to pay hefty prices to some of the others out there.

I was saying, the fact that Ryan had him when he wasnt any good and was considered a pretty lousy teammate/lazy...that, that very well could have tarnished their relationship. If Ryan really wanted Huff so bad, you'd figure we'd be knocking down his door, opposed to "expressing no interest at all". Things dont add up cleanly. Dont get me wrong, I was someone who wanted Huff, if the price was right.

It's the FA period...with the tidbits of info we get, assumptions are made and dots are trying to be connected. I was just saying, the fact that we're not interested, sounds more than just money related. I wasn't intending to confuse with fact and added assumption.

But the fact remains...that the most recent sources available, state that we're not pursuing Michael Huff. So it raises some questions. I apologize for any confusion there, I suppose.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-31-2011, 04:19 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Donte Whitner anyone?

Comment

• lol. I'd be game...we just havent heard any names we're interested in, outside of Elam yet. Like I said, I fully expect that signing to happen. It really doesnt matter how long that one takes. I'd love to get two of them. Ryan loves for his safeties to be interchangeable in the sense that he could put either in the box at any time. Obviously Whitner is fine here, pretty much all he did in Buffalo. He can suck in coverage sometimes, but he's def. an upgrade over what we had last year. And he still has to be young as hell...isnt he just coming off his rookie contract?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

lol. I'd be game...we just havent heard any names we're interested in, outside of Elam yet. Like I said, I fully expect that signing to happen. It really doesnt matter how long that one takes. I'd love to get two of them. Ryan loves for his safeties to be interchangeable in the sense that he could put either in the box at any time. Obviously Whitner is fine here, pretty much all he did in Buffalo. He can suck in coverage sometimes, but he's def. an upgrade over what we had last year. And he still has to be young as hell...isnt he just coming off his rookie contract?
                              http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...es-on-p-1.html

SAN ANTONIO -- Owner Jerry Jones said the Cowboys are very active in the pursuit of free agents, especially at safety.

"We have a lot of bait in the water, so to speak," Jones said. "We really do have a lot of things we're working on. Does a lot mean more than two? Yes. But we are working on those and have the viability to get something done to really help our team."

Jones said the Cowboys could end up signing two safeties still via free agency.
                              He said not to rule the Cowboys out of the defensive line market despite recently re-signing Marcus Spears and adding defensive end Kenyon Coleman. Jones said it's unlikely the Cowboys will add an offensive lineman because he wants his young players to get the chance to shine.

Jones said losing out on top free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha to the Philadelphia Eagles was a missed opportunity.

"We certainly saw a chance and really there in a day or so saw that we had an opportunity to get involved. You can't ever get enough corners," Jones said. "That's shear speculation that we were going to do anything with [Terence] Newman. We just thought the same thing Philadelphia thought, 'He's an outstanding player and a chance to get him,' and we saw where we had done [the deal for Marcus] Spears, we had done [Kyle] Kosier and we had done [Doug] Free. We can get some other stuff done that we wanted to and saw where we could do it and we wanted to go after him. Really, there was a point yesterday afternoon that I thought we were going to have something."

Jones said he doesn't feel it's necessary to have a conversation with Newman considering the Cowboys were in hot pursuit of a player that could have potentially taken Newman's job.

"Terence is a veteran of the league and we all know that and knows that you can't have enough corners, outstanding corners," Jones said. "We had an opportunity to get an outstanding player and could do it. You don't have to be under the cap until the league year and that will be some time next week."

Those 3 different colors. That's a lot to digest right there.

2 new safeties sounds like a need.

Another DE makes me happy. C'mon Ty Warren!

But the scariest thing is wanting a young OL. WTF? Don't tell me it's Arkin or Costa or some $hiz.

Comment

• I posted a comment once I read that earlier. The fact that we dont want to add a lineman is frightening. Because there are plenty of options available at RG. And there are good cheap options available. I would take any of the three guards the Eagles recently released over what we have now. More Nick Cole or Max Jean-Gilles really, given their age. But yeah, Jerry really needs to explore options at RG. Add to the fact, that someone posted in here that Holland came in fat again and Houck stated that he wouldnt be ready to start, if the season started today, based on his play. Holland could work there...but we could do better, much better. And I really doubt any one of our young guys is ready to start, let alone even be capable of beating out Holland.

I still doubt we go DE. I'm all for Ty Warren, though. He's visited with Denver today already.
                                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-31-2011, 04:18 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information