Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't have any sites or links though? I read news a bunch, and never read we weren't interested in Huff anywhere.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      You don't have any sites or links though? I read news a bunch, and never read we weren't interested in Huff anywhere.

Cowboys | High on Abram Elam

Sat, 30 Jul 2011 10:34:59 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys are high on free-agent FS Abram Elam (Browns). Free-agent Ss Michael Huff (Raiders) and Gerald Sensabaugh (Cowboys) are unlikely to re-sign because they are looking for bid paydays.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram - Clarence E. Hill Jr.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/14/NFL#ixzz1TglicgZs
      Was posted on a couple sites and twitter that Sensabaugh and Huff were demanding pay of a top safety and that Dallas was not interested. Elam looks headed for Dallas from all indications on twitter.

Per Elam:
      "Just hung up with Rob Ryan he spoke about how good @terencenewman1 and the defense is and can be.. I told him well #CTMFC#".
      Originally posted by D-Unit
      I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Huff re-signed with Oakland, waiting on the specifics of what he got.
        Cowboys Mock:
        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• I know we're supposedly set at NT with Ratliff and don't want to move him, but Aubrayo Franklin is still out there and doesn't want to go back to SF. I'm just saying, I'd be just as happy with him as I would have been with Cullen Jenkins. He gives us that dominant true NT to stuff the run and let our ILBs run free. He's a big reason why Willis has been so dominant.
          Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
            I know we're supposedly set at NT with Ratliff and don't want to move him, but Aubrayo Franklin is still out there and doesn't want to go back to SF. I'm just saying, I'd be just as happy with him as I would have been with Cullen Jenkins. He gives us that dominant true NT to stuff the run and let our ILBs run free. He's a big reason why Willis has been so dominant.
            Nah. Josh Brent is gonna break out in a big way next year.

Comment

• It's a shame that the Redskins stole away Stephen Bowen. After watching him play in a few games last year, he really looked like a serious candidate for a break-out year this season under Rob Ryan. He has some serious pass-rush capability.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBCX View Post
                It's a shame that the Redskins stole away Stephen Bowen. After watching him play in a few games last year, he really looked like a serious candidate for a break-out year this season under Rob Ryan. He has some serious pass-rush capability.
                Yea Bowen was pretty popular around here, I think we were all excited about what he could do as a full time starter. He showed some nice flashes as a pass rusher, especially with his bull rush, but it just wasn't enough to pay him 5 Mil+ a season like what Washington offered. Then again, we paid only slightly less for Marcus Spears... who's extremely average.

The prospect of Bowen and Cofield at the 5-techs has a ton of potential, they could be a heck of a tandem.
                Last edited by TheFinisher; 07-31-2011, 02:57 PM.
                Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  You don't have any sites or links though? I read news a bunch, and never read we weren't interested in Huff anywhere.
                  There are links everywhere that we werent majorly interested in Huff. Some stated it had to do with the fact that he was seeking a big pay day, and others were left more ambiguous.

Free agent S Abram Elam reportedly remains "high" on the Cowboys' list of safety targets.

The Cowboys are trying to get him on the cheap. They're reportedly not even considering Michael Huff and Gerald Sensabaugh any longer because both are looking for big pay days. It's difficult to love Dallas' free agency pursuits so far.
                  Free agent Abram Elam was the first safety contacted by the Cowboys on Tuesday.

Beat writer Clarence Hill confirms the Cowboys prefer Elam to Michael Huff. Both players have been coached by defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, though Huff was an early-career bust under Ryan's watch in Oakland. While Dallas is clearing plenty of cap space, Fox Sports Southwest is still not convinced Nnamdi Asomugha will be a target. Jul 26, 3:07 PM
                  Source: Clarence Hill on Twitter
                  The Cowboys are expected to seriously consider free agent S Abram Elam if Gerald Sensabaugh signs elsewhere.

Elam played under new Cowboys coordinator Rob Ryan the past two years in Cleveland, so the connection is obvious. ESPN Dallas also suggests Dawan Landry, Quintin Mikell, and Brodney Pool as possibilities, with no mention of Michael Huff this time around. Jul 25th, 10:00 AM
                  Source: ESPN Dallas
                  There are better ones from before, but I cant locate them on a short search. This is just what comes up with a simple google/rotoworld search. But there are more, all along the same lines...the one I was looking for is pretty much the same as the first, but it was just left more open to interpretation. Just vaugley stating that Dallas wasnt pursuing Huff. It may have been in a blogging the boys article, not positive. I'll look for it later, when I have more time.

I never even saw a link or heard a story about us actually for sure contacting Huff. I really want to know what he got. Because if it wasnt earth shattering...you'd have to assume that there was more going on then just dollar signs. Otherwise, maybe they just didnt think he was worth the price. The league wide interest in Huff sounded suprisingly minimal, honestly. And I'm someone who wanted him here.

It was a sad FA day...a lot of guys that could have helped us signed elsewhere today.
                  Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-31-2011, 09:25 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• New Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan spoke on the phone with free agent safety Abram Elam last night, according to a tweet from Elam (@abeelam).

Elam tweeted, "Just hung up with Rob Ryan he spoke about how good @terencenewman1 and the defense is and can be.. I told him well #CTMFC#"

CTMFC = Cut the Mother F'ing Check, apparently. lol.

edit...woops already posted up there, my bad.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-31-2011, 10:01 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Look for a break out year from Marty B. He's in a contract year. Also, if Phillips comes on, we could use him as trade bait.

Comment

• Here's some training camp footage for anyone that's interested.

Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Justin Blalock agreed to terms on a six-year contract worth $38 million with $16 million guaranteed with the Falcons.

:(

We are just being stupid.

Comment

• Think Jerry is being cautious this year bc of our situation next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                              Think Jerry is being cautious this year bc of our situation next year?
                              No cause we went after Nnamdi and Jenkins and lost out on both. That just says he lost. No signs of caution there.

Even after signing Spears and Coleman, Jerry said we was still looking at improving DE. That tells me 2 things. 1, the signings he made did not satisfy him completely and 2, if we don't bring in anyone better than he just got beat by the competition.

I can't believe how incapable we've been in pursuit of Safeties. There were PLENTY of guys that could've helped us and we've done nothing. Elam is a stop gap. If we get him, it better be for less than $3M per year and shorter than a 4 year deal.

Comment

• James Cleveland?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information